RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Breeder

Go Leo

Leo will need to very cleverly use social media in his campaign.  He has repeatedly shown the main stream media to be an outfit run by fleas.  They dislike honest men like Leo, as their truthfulness is something we all doubt a bit.

This is 2021 and social media is big.  I hope I don't bore you with a story.  I live in a provincial town with a population of about 7500.  Last year they had a kickboxing evening.  No, I am not a fan.  But they sold the place out with 900 attendees.  Neither radio nor newspaper advertising.  It was all social media advertising.  The impact of social media advertising left me astonished.

If Leo can harness social media in a skillful manner he is in with a big chance.  Possibly my use of the verb "harness" is improper as it conjures up visions of gypsies, tramps and thieves.

Some on here will remember Timothy Shadbolt who stood for Waitemata Mayor nearly 40 years ago because he didnt want the incumbent voted in cos no opposition.

The rest is history ,in what was regarded as an 'upset'......Tim had been arrested dozens of time in protests etc and was known for some outlandish behaviour. 

To cement his win he pulled a concrete mixer [ his job] with the mayoral car and took part in the Christmas parade.

He didnt last long , but that didnt stop him standing for Parliament and other Mayoral positions including Auckland [more than once] and Dunedin.

He never polled very well.

Many thought that when he stood for Invercargill his 'poor result' at polls would continue. But Southland people could see that the area was losing 1000 population every year and would soon decline like NZ racing has since then. And they knew that the buttoned cardigan brigade at the helm would continue with the same ole ,same ole ....so in a stunning result Tim was voted in ......for CHANGE !

Few would argue that he hasn't been good for the area...him and the Licensing Trust and 'No Fees'  kept the area relevant.

Had it been a race preview Tim's chance for election would have been summed up......150/1 outsider , very poor form past his best ,no chance !

Could history repeat !

Well you would think a leading city like Auckland would need representing with an engaging 'get on well with everybody' type of person. Pound4pound seems full of rage and hate going by the majority of the posts, expletives, naming and shaming anyone and everyone it seems lol. Probably Not a great thing for Lord Mayors to be doing lol.

I had the great pleasure of meeting and chatting with Mr Graham Quirk (Liberal National Lord Mayor of Brisbane 2011-2018) while we queued in the coffee stall line with my wife, with Graham just behind us, at the 2018 Commonwealth Games Gymnastics. A true gentleman , and achievements for Brisbane absolutely through the ceiling , way too many to list here. The great man didn't even get voted out 2018 , just stepped aside and didn't re-run 2018 , Job Done. thousands are trying to shift to Brisbane every week now to live. now there is Literally 'Not Enough Real Estate' to accommodate them all.

Hope Mr Leo can take a leaf from Mr Quirks book, and turn Auckland (not that much smaller than Brisbane) into a 'Beautiful place to Live' like the amazing Mr Quirk did for Brisbane over recent years. Best of Luck to Auckland !! to get the Right man for the Job.

3 hours ago, stodge said:

Somebody else's view:

https://thedailyblog.co.nz/2021/07/13/auckland-mayoralty-2022-contenders/

Is this Mark Mitchell a serious contender? 

I'm puzzled - does the Mayor of Auckland have any actual power or is it like being Mayor of London?

Mark Mitchell  confirmed that he would not be a  contender on the Mike Hosking show last week

1 hour ago, frankie said:

Leo, who ever your running mate is, he/she must be well known in South Auckland. A non lefty can't win without some votes from south of Penrose.

I'm sure Leo's "destiny" will be well catered for in South Auckland.

On 7/14/2021 at 11:57 AM, poundforpound said:

Don’t confuse my intolerance of fucktards and wankers with hate & anger…..I just can’t be bothered with dumb arse pieces of shit who offer nothing useful to this world …other than worthless unearned opinions ….you’ll understand exactly what I mean 

Don't 'understand exactly' your insults at all in the slightest, Poundy. sounds pretty angry and intolerant alright. 

It's a forum .. worthless or even worthy opinions welcome to one and all , as is voting for a public office figure like a Lord Mayor.? that's how those systems work .  Not an easy concept . Even if poundy thinks some are more 'worthy' than others to offer opinion.

I actually offered great advice, in that a Lord Mayor candidate could look at the great results achieved by Graham Quirk in Brisbane over an extended period, and the candidate could look into that , and gain a lot of insight into what could translate to be of use in Auckland (a similar city to Brisbane in many ways)......... Instead of taking note of some 'fine opinion' like that , you'd rather spew forth yet more aggressive insult 'pieces of shit 'stuff.????? really?

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

Why would anyone in their right mind look to Australia for anything ?

Snakes, reptiles, sharks, Pauline Hansen, Tony Abbott, Paul Keating, Julia Gillard……Covid-19, mice, blowflies, Queenslanders, Quade Cooper, Russell Crowe, Terry Bailey…..it’s the fucking rubbish tin of the globe, the anal sphincter and large bowel of the whole damn world….and half your population doesn’t or can’t even speak english FFS…….the only place you ever want to see Australia is in the rear vision mirror 

Hahahaa, was only trying to be helpful matey, but great negative response there as usual . well done . very funny though and must say there is a large population diversity these days as you suggested in Oz. could indeed be a fair few not speaking much English. 

I'm glad I lived in NZ for many years as people friendly ???? hahaha  and the 5 of my best buddies here in Oz, are all kiwis are enjoying life in Queensland , and have no intention of returning to NZ. It's quite popular in Australia actually for kiwis (or don't you know that ? while trapped in your bowel movement? as quite a few good things .HORSE RACING for example ? ) it's only 3 hours away and has a similar government, monarch and flag even ???  can think of say 180 worse countries to live in out of 190 worldwide lol.....  but good try with another insult !!

4 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Why would anyone in their right mind look to Australia for anything ?

Snakes, reptiles, sharks, Pauline Hansen, Tony Abbott, Paul Keating, Julia Gillard……Covid-19, mice, blowflies, Queenslanders, Quade Cooper, Russell Crowe, Terry Bailey…..it’s the fucking rubbish tin of the globe, the anal sphincter and large bowel of the whole damn world….and half your population doesn’t or can’t even speak english FFS…….the only place you ever want to see Australia is in the rear vision mirror 

Classic! 🤣
Leo I feel you have more chance of winning a mayoralty in Australia with your sense of humour and lack of political correctness! 😆
You have no chance in this poxy place with it's Labour/Green led left wing woke wankers running the show! 🤬
Auckland elected Phil Goff & Chloe Swarbrick for fuck sake! 🙈
You have a better chance of pushing Jacinda back up the womb to be re-fucked! 😲
However for the entertainment factor alone....I for one will be rooting for you! 🤠😎

That carefully crafted Stuff piece, and the wonderfully concise but informative Peter Williams interview;  Leo's advisers have him on the right track.  Leo is managing to push all the right buttons, and in this day of Woke journalism, he is pushing the hot buttons.

Go, Leo!