RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

Noms for Junior Drivers Series

18 hours ago, tasman man said:

Agreed eljay........3x races for the series and what.....5 , 8 and 8 nominations.

Certainly a lack of respect and support for the Juniors.

Yes ,concessions and/or incentives should be on offer. !

Would have been far worse if held in the North Island 

19 hours ago, tasman man said:

Agreed eljay........3x races for the series and what.....5 , 8 and 8 nominations.

Certainly a lack of respect and support for the Juniors.

Yes ,concessions and/or incentives should be on offer. !

It is disgraceful but nothing new. The races are penalty-free so I would have thought that was incentive enough but apparently not. I hope the nominations for the junior races pick up or we will have the ridiculous situation of not enough horses for all of the junior drivers. Sadly, this has happened in the past where some drivers don't drive in every heat. I don't understand how some trainers think. You would think they would jump at the chance to get a penalty free win for their horses. Mind boggling.

Got to remember , this is held in mid winter, many horses are spelling or not ready to compete. Do you think that there would be the same issue if it was held in April or October thereabouts?  

I saw a few dual nominations. 

Take After Me was nominated for a trot race and a pace race. ( an example)

Haven't quite gone through the fields but expect a few horses racing / in fields  both days.

5 hours ago, 45yearsofharness said:

No Noms for Junior race at Cambridge

Not quite true........there were 5 x noms for JD race , so the race was withdrawn and the 5 x horses added to other races  !

Originally there were two races with 5 x noms and one with 7 before they were reshuffled.

15 hours ago, Keneperu said:

Yes has proven herself and deserves all the credit she gets. On the number of drives she gets is streets ahead of some of the others when it comes to winners.

By far the best Jnr going around!

Thought her drive on Sugar Me last Thursday was outstanding.   She showed great skill and only just managed to squeeze through on the inside of  passing lane. 

Have met her a number of times and she is a very humble person that takes great pride in her work and has a real passion for the Industry.

On 7/13/2021 at 11:52 PM, 2Piper said:

Got to remember , this is held in mid winter, many horses are spelling or not ready to compete. Do you think that there would be the same issue if it was held in April or October thereabouts?  

I saw a few dual nominations. 

Take After Me was nominated for a trot race and a pace race. ( an example)

Haven't quite gone through the fields but expect a few horses racing / in fields  both days.

Now just been reading the stipes reports. The stipes grill the  connections about the performance of the horse Colcy Mac. Note the horse was hampered during the running as well. These grillings seem to prompt the trainers to often respond " sending it for a spell or a freshen up". Horses are not machines and have a bad day too.  During winter they are more likely to have one. Also can take longer to recover from a hard run. These things fall in place and therefore less horses get nominated to start.