RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rumpole

Queens Birthday Honours

of an asset and bastion you are to the industry until you are gone Rambo.

Maybe CWJ could one day accept it on your behalf posthumosly.

in fact my wife recently declared me an asset but with depreciation and tax losses claimed I ended up being worth stuff all.

I deserve some award i do if only for **** stirring

I wouldn't worry too much Rumpole, when you look at some recipients of awards you do have to wonder why they have been deemed to have done something outstanding.

John Hawkesby got a NZ Order of Merit for example.

What has he done to deserve this? He was a grossly overpaid autocue reader who took a massive payout and became a wine writer.

If someone could tell me why he deserves an honor for this I would be most grateful.

And of course we have the old Queen Hartnell-the gossip columnist.

All I can say is that the above 2 are 'well connected'.

Look, I agree with an awards system, and the majority of people deserve awards, especially those who have toiled away in there own communities, giving freely of there time for no recognition.

But the above 2 seem to be examples of it's 'who you know' rather than any valid contribution that deserves an award.

Yet again Rumpole has missed out..year after year I rush to the morning paper to search for the apropriate reward but again it is NO NO no reward for you you old bastard!

I'll nominate you next year on the basis of your recent brilliant defence put up in the "Lawson" case,to go with all the past success you've acheived.

Every year, so many are "awarded" for doing things they've already been extremely well "rewarded" for, it makes me cringe. A Queen's Birthday honour for doing your job?? That's "the system".

For the benefit of yourself and Dennis.

John Hawkesby and Rosie Horton do a tremendous amount of charity work for zilch. I have an involvement in that area of giving and both of those recipients well deserve their respective awards. Rosie Horton has given a lifetime of effort to charity and most particularly the Childrens Star Ship Hospital and John Hawkesby provides his services as an MC and entertainer free to many charity organisations.

Obviously good works remain unseen to many people, but you do not get recognised unless you are a worthy recipient.

For the benefit of yourself and Dennis.

John Hawkesby and Rosie Horton do a tremendous amount of charity work for zilch. I have an involvement in that area of giving and both of those recipients well deserve their respective awards. Rosie Horton has given a lifetime of effort to charity and most particularly the Childrens Star Ship Hospital and John Hawkesby provides his services as an MC and entertainer free to many charity organisations.

Obviously good works remain unseen to many people, but you do not get recognised unless you are a worthy recipient.

Thanks for that John, I did ask that someone fill me in as to why he should get an award.

Whether giving services free is any more than what many others do in this country is open to debate I suppose.

Every year, so many are "awarded" for doing things they've already been extremely well "rewarded" for, it makes me cringe. A Queen's Birthday honour for doing your job?? That's "the system".

Barry, a great reference of yours, but to whom do you refer?