RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Kloppite

TAB retail outlets - access controlled doors

Went to my local TAB on Thursday evening (circa 6.30pm) and couldn't get in for 3-4 minutes.  Doors were locked and the guy working there was sorting out something with the pokies.  Turns out that the doors are now locked from 5.30pm and the person working at the TAB has to buzz you in.

I understand that they want to protect their staff and I feel for those TAB workers who have had to deal with burglaries, but is this the best solution?

How does the worker decide who to let in?  Do they not let in anyone who looks dodgy?  It's the TAB for goodness sake - 80% of us who go there look dodgy.  Or do they just not let in people wearing balaclavas and carrying guns?   What do they do in a situation where they're not letting someone in and a regular turns up at the same time?

Just another nail in the TAB retail coffin I suspect.

10 minutes ago, Kloppite said:

Went to my local TAB on Thursday evening (circa 6.30pm) and couldn't get in for 3-4 minutes.  Doors were locked and the guy working there was sorting out something with the pokies.  Turns out that the doors are now locked from 5.30pm and the person working at the TAB has to buzz you in.

I understand that they want to protect their staff and I feel for those TAB workers who have had to deal with burglaries, but is this the best solution?

How does the worker decide who to let in?  Do they not let in anyone who looks dodgy?  It's the TAB for goodness sake - 80% of us who go there look dodgy.  Or do they just not let in people wearing balaclavas and carrying guns?   What do they do in a situation where they're not letting someone in and a regular turns up at the same time?

can  you think of   anything  better ?

3 hours ago, Kloppite said:

Probably that mask you were wearing K……….😆

On 7/10/2021 at 3:19 PM, Kloppite said:

I've spoken to staff at three outlets and none of them think it is a good idea.

Kloppite, two of the banks in this here town have time-locked doors and a third has a security guy outside.

Hell, even the WINZ Office has a security guy outside.

Times have changed...

Many many many years ago I helped pay my way through Uni by working late nights at a petrol station.

Back then, I had no fears of anything going wrong but nowadays - and especially with all the multidollared cigarettes on like premises - I wouldn't dream of risking my neck...

I saw a TV News report that it wasn't uncommon for even a wee dairy to have $35,000 worth pf tobacco products in store - you can (I am guessing) buy a lot of P for flogging that quantity of tobacco on the black market...

My local pub instaling double security  buzz in doors today can't wait to go see how they going to work it tommorow. But did see video of them getting robbed at axe and knife point a couple of months ago with customers in the bar. Two robbers and getaway  driver the emptied the tills and pokie machine draw still think they got only 4k. And they have installed DNA fog gun at entrance cant wait to see that go off, will be holding onto my beer tightly