RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Forbury Finale

Just saw this - a very gpod idea

Familiar voices will ring out for the last time on Thursday night.

Recent regular caller Justin Evans has stepped aside to allow a line-up of former Forbury Park commentators to say goodbye to the track.

Jason Teaz, Kevin Payne and Craig Rail will grace the commentator’s box.

The TAB is also testing technology to enable Tom Wood to be able to commentate a race from Hong Kong.

3 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Recent regular caller Justin Evans has stepped aside to allow a line-up of former Forbury Park commentators to say goodbye to the track.

The TAB is also testing technology to enable Tom Wood to be able to commentate a race from Hong Kong.

Hopefully Dave McDonald gets a run too

Sad news for Dunedin. Was an iconic old track with a great history going way back.

Last time I saw it was around 2004/5 and it was in a sad state even then…facilities were terrible and on a Winters night the stands were echo chambers.

Progress eh…..🙄

On 7/6/2021 at 4:12 PM, JJ Flash said:

Can't wait to hear Kevvy again. Do you know what races he is calling?

sad indeed. Great memory of Lord Module winning a Barton Memorial I think it was after missing away by lengths. Glad I got back a couple of years ago to pay my respects. It must have been something to be there when they had 50,000 over the four nights of the 65 Inters.

15 hours ago, Mill Reef said:

sad indeed. Great memory of Lord Module winning a Barton Memorial I think it was after missing away by lengths. Glad I got back a couple of years ago to pay my respects. It must have been something to be there when they had 50,000 over the four nights of the 65 Inters.

I remember Speedy Cheval getting a rails run from 4 deep and scoring a win back in 88,  finished 3rd in Luxury Liners  NZ Cup.  Remember the likes of Honkin Vision nosing out Popiscle,  Defoe's debut,  Blue ' Innocence , Bulla Matari, Jasper McFaber,  Tiger Lightning and more.

On 7/7/2021 at 7:47 AM, Iraklis said:

Forbury closin sad sad bloody sad 😢 harness history gone.....

Cheers Iraklis

No Iraklis. Forbury as a racing venue may be gone but the history will remain forever  and young people in 50 years will still remember being at the last meeting there.

Just a shame the locals decide to turn out just before the lights go out……🙄

Great memories from 112 years at Forbury…..

Harold Logan match race with Aussie Champ Walla Walla in 1934.

Robalan, Lord Module, Manaroa, Allakasam, Peter Bagrie’s Orbiter, pride of Ohoka,  Noodlum, our great mare Robin Dundee dead heating with Jay Ar in the ‘65 Interdominions…..and on…

The place may be gone, but the memories will remain…..👏

SAD SAD.....but also a disgrace to all those who did not have the grey matter to find a better solution . Its done now but I am watching the demise of good solid areas of trotting lovers and supporters being decimated. Places like Dunedin and Wellington could have become entertainment hubs for the community and been economically viable . with a bit of cooperation instead of the slash and burn policy.  💔

I am surprised Courage Under Fire hasn't been mentioned. 

First time to the races and Forbury Park was the venue. I was listening to the broadcast because the horse had already acquired a reputation and was expected to win.

So it did - by a nose!

The beginning of a remarkable unbeaten run of victories.

Final tally: 41 wins.