Winner69

S Phelan fined $800 for misconduct

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

  The idiocy displayed by the extortionate fine placed on Shaun Phelan does absolutely nothing to enhance race relations in New Zealand in the near future.  Indeed, it inflames racist attitudes.  For that reason it is deplorable.

 

100% correct and applies to all the "isms".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Baz, thank you for quoting the seemingly offensive comments word for word.  I read the comments out to my wife.  She was born in Greece and has been a bit pissed off with Kiwis who ask her 

;How do they separate the men from the boys in Greece.  The cryptic answer is,..."with crowbars".

She had lived in Greece in the 1967-74 period when the grossly offensive fascist Papadopoulos regime, ably backed up by fleas such as Henry Kissinger, reigned supreme.  A repugnant regime that sent the likes of Mikis Theodorakis into exile.  She tells me that not even that contemptible regime would have been so harsh on somebody such as Shaun Phelan.  She is becoming worried as two of our four grandchildren are of Ngati Kahunganui and Ngapuhi extraction.  The idiocy displayed by the extortionate fine placed on Shaun Phelan does absolutely nothing to enhance race relations in New Zealand in the near future.  Indeed, it inflames racist attitudes.  For that reason it is deplorable.

And, Red Rum; for so long I have enjoyed your informative and intelligent comments about European racing.  Your knowledge is a thing of beauty.  But in this instance you are barking up the wrong tree.

Shaun Phelan himself agrees the comments he made were totally inappropriate  on National TV , so he is at odds with those on here that say they were fine .

Again , iam no woke warrior at all , I enjoy having the piss taken out of me , I enjoy taking the piss . But my point has always been in 2021 that cannot be said on National TV and not expect to get a sanction , all sports are the same , look at the crazy overreaction to that England cricketer the other week, then they tried to slur other guys inc a NZ cricketer  for a  tweet he made years back that were very mild imho   .

I hear Poms this and that  loads , it's great , it's funny , and I really don't give a crap what is said to me and 99 per cent  time it's a laugh and bit of back  and forth with great mates  , the other 1 per cent  is even funnier , nothing funnier than people getting wound up , my phone will melt with txts if Italy win on Monday morning taking piss put of England but  it it's not about individuals and my point is I feel racing was backed into a corner . Imagine it came out on news and they had ignored it , the action they took and Shaun's mature reation has imho taken the wind out the sails of the " woke warriors " .

I actually reckon Shaun comes out of this looking like a thoroughly decent individual , we all make on mistakes for gods sake  , the authorities had to act IMHO and hes copped it with grace , better that than they ignore it and then it's on news they swept it under carpet.  

Likewise TN , always enjoy your posts. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Shaun Phelan himself agrees the comments he made were totally inappropriate  on National TV , so he is at odds with those on here that say they were fine .

Again , iam no woke warrior at all , I enjoy having the piss taken out of me , I enjoy taking the piss . But my point has always been in 2021 that cannot be said on National TV and not expect to get a sanction , all sports are the same , look at the crazy overreaction to that England cricketer the other week, then they tried to slur other guys inc a NZ cricketer  for a  tweet he made years back that were very mild imho   .

I hear Poms this and that  loads , it's great , it's funny , and I really don't give a crap what is said to me and 99 per cent  time it's a laugh and bit of back  and forth with great mates  , the other 1 per cent  is even funnier , nothing funnier than people getting wound up , my phone will melt with txts if Italy win on Monday morning taking piss put of England but  it it's not about individuals and my point is I feel racing was backed into a corner . Imagine it came out on news and they had ignored it , the action they took and Shaun's mature reation has imho taken the wind out the sails of the " woke warriors " .

I actually reckon Shaun comes out of this looking like a thoroughly decent individual , we all make on mistakes for gods sake  , the authorities had to act IMHO and hes copped it with grace , better that than they ignore it and then it's on news they swept it under carpet.  

Likewise TN , always enjoy your posts. 

 

 

 

 

Just keep the laser pens in the pocket this time RR…..they are beginning to look desperate……and still couldn’t beat Scotland…….😆

 

D2411068-E614-49BF-BFEE-09F357529D51.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Just keep the laser pens in the pocket this time RR…..they are beginning to look desperate……and still couldn’t beat Scotland…….😆

 

D2411068-E614-49BF-BFEE-09F357529D51.jpeg

Now that is very bad and something that is totally out of order no debate on that one IMHO  .

He made a great effort and his recovery I've explained to couple young keepers last night and told them watch it a few times , that's why the keeper coach  does  the drills to get up and recover . They are tough drills but he almost got that rebound . Just couldnt parry it out to the sides .Father and Son both true professionals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, poundforpound said:

RR you’re such a dick

Shaun Phelan expressed remorse to diminish the penalty …he’s genuine mate and he doesn’t give a flying fuck, and nor should he

As I said, and I can prove it, the RIU who prosecuted Shaun employ known racists who describe residents of South Auckland as savages, and who claim you “should never trust a man you can blindfold with a shoelace”

Help me understand the difference ? my view, one was funny .. the other is a disgrace 

Line one , totally agree , people say that to me a lot so must be true, I've would you believe had people call me far worse while trying to take a right good shot at me , all the fun of the fair P4P .

I can only go on what Shaun  is quoted as saying , what else can I go on . 

As I  said a number of times , the other quotes you attribute to someone else would be a disgrace,  at what point did I disagree with you on that .

The blokes been fined, he's appears not to be appealing . 

Do people really say sorry and not mean it to mitigate a fine and or being sent down , blimey never seen that before but I learn something new everyday .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Okay okay you guys win , I tap out  . I am off to chain myself to the gates of some capitalist corporate greed company in my Citizen Smith uniform with my copies of socialist worker .

Don't worry to much mate. People comment all the time in ways derived as sexist or racist. Meanwhile Australia and New Zealand are leading the world with Star female jockeys this century , as the traditional BS slowly changes . (like Whip use , etc) 

BTW , great win by England if you're supporting them!!!  (and Royal Ascot coverage we got was simply Magnificent, great to see the crowds back)  best of luck against the Wogs in euro (oh dear can I say that ?? ) lol........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Okay okay you guys win , I tap out  . I am off to chain myself to the gates of some capitalist corporate greed company in my Citizen Smith uniform with my copies of socialist worker .

It's a no win for anyone, good on you for voicing your own opinion, wether anyone agrees or not, that's what I thought the forum is all about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Red Rum woke labour voters don't cut the Mustard and definitely have no understanding of what racism is. Of the Brown decent I can tell you calling some one a black so and so is not racist. Referring to various  names using black is not racist as when basketballer Steven Adams referred to Steph Currie as active as a monkey. They are all figures of speech. Actual racism is when you don't employ someone due to their color don't sit next to them on a bus. It amazes me how so many Europeans no all about racism but have probably never experienced it. If your white go to South Africa and get a first hand experience of it. Start in Johannesburg. The you will experience it. Nothing like being mugged because your white and will have cash. Otherwise leave the PC shit to the politicians, and focus on real issues  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.