RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Breeder

Very Stylish Aussie Thoroughbred Farm

I was reading a few comments from Ollie Koolman earlier ( Anton Koolman's son) in an article about the upcoming sale of Funstar. He mentions he works for the owners of Waratah Thoroughbreds, who are selling their farm due to the poor health of one of the owners. So I had a look on Inglis at the advert for the farm. What a magnificent place !! Apparently it has sold for around $35 million.

https://www.inglisproperty.com.au/sale/nsw/southern-highlands/moss-vale/residential/rural/6369643

Agree Ohokaman. I know land is cheaper in Aussie but to get land with that sort of water supply and then try to build the same facilities, you would be lucky to get much change from that selling price. I'm not sure if horses were involved in the sale.

An absolute bargain. The owner is a passionate breeder who made his fortune in other sectors and decided to produce the best of the world in Australia. A private and focussed breeder he has bred to the best around the world, and purchased to a significant level at yearling sales, but has had the misfortune to fall to a disease all too common today. His legacy is yet to be recognised.

John

It looks like Racing NSW has bought the property, to be part of their property portfolio of new training facilities near Sydney, as the existing Randwick, Rosehill and Warwick Farm facilities are at capacity.

I went there to get data off Winx when she was spelling there. The Autumn Sun was hanging out there as well. The property is sensational, well set up. The house was an architect's dream as no stone was left unturned. What NZTR should do is go and have a look at it and then drag all the best features out of it, Newmarket and Goodwood in England and then build something fit for the next 100 years in this country.