RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Oranmore

Pokies, the rorts. How they do it?

I know this is a racing site but did read an article in today's SST where Hawkes Bay Rugby are having to pay back over 300 thou after a Dept of Int. Affairs audit. I suspect there may well be a racing/trotting club or 5 awaiting the outcome of similar audit.

Amazing isn't it, how money raised through gambling cannot be re-invested in gambling. But well done to the pollies, it is less money they have to find to finance the kindies, boy scouts and maraes etc.

Yeahh, Acklin would have to just about get the first prize though there are plenty of others both in and out of racing that would provide stiff competition. NZTR themselves were not so squeaky clean advertising funding in advance of it being granted.

To be fair, it seems the DIA is onto it the last year or so.

The DIA report for the Endeavour audit certainly is not pretty reading aside from the HB Rugby matter which was perhaps the lesser of a number of evils.

New starting gates may qualify for pokie fundiing because as I understand it is only the funding of stakes that is now frowned upon.

The industry 'safety' fund could also have been a source of funding for new gates.