RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pole

Brisbane Carnival 2021

9 minutes ago, tasman man said:

Michael Moroney trained a Group 1.

Chris Waller got  a Group 2

So one OZ based Pom trainer of Zaaki won more races at Group level than any NZ based trainer and OZ trainer born in NZ combined  , is that right !!! That cannot be right .

Did any NZ based trainers train any winners during Carnival ? 

lots of trainers  that trained winners have visited NZ though , just double check how many times , lots of them apparently eat chinese gooseberries too . 

c waller a NZ trainer.........LMFAO.

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

So one OZ based Pom trainer of Zaaki won more races at Group level than any NZ based trainer and OZ trainer born in NZ combined  , is that right !!! That cannot be right .

Did any NZ based trainers train any winners during Carnival ? 

About time the Poms had something to crow about since James Cook and Sebastian Coe retired ,as not a lot in the other things they thought up like cricket and rugby !

I doubt too many NZ based trainers even went this year to the land of the dodgy politics and covid and extreme weather...did any even try ?

Maybe a small stable from Taranaki...I unsure ,too busy watching the the one-sided borefests from NRL with all the sin binning...gone soft  the brain damaged ,soon they be following on from the Pommie rugby players and sueing the Sport !

NZ trainers too busy concentrating on the jumpers , making up the 5 and 6 horse fields here !

9 hours ago, tasman man said:

About time the Poms had something to crow about since James Cook and Sebastian Coe retired ,as not a lot in the other things they thought up like cricket and rugby !

I doubt too many NZ based trainers even went this year to the land of the dodgy politics and covid and extreme weather...did any even try ?

Maybe a small stable from Taranaki...I unsure ,too busy watching the the one-sided borefests from NRL with all the sin binning...gone soft  the brain damaged ,soon they be following on from the Pommie rugby players and sueing the Sport !

NZ trainers too busy concentrating on the jumpers , making up the 5 and 6 horse fields here !

Fair enough , I am sure it's a temporary miss this year as the trainers here normally do very  well up there . Still the Sunshine Coast Cup to go I think unless I've missed it .

Has The Bostonian retired , he goes well there . 

11 hours ago, tasman man said:

Michael Moroney trained a Group 1.

Chris Waller got  a Group 2

I was seeking information on n.z based trainers. I should have been clearer with my question.

12 hours ago, tasman man said:

lmao

maybe you could bring The Hotz (nz) out of retirement if youre worried about the field sizes in jumps races.

23 minutes ago, pogo(aus) said:

lmao

maybe you could bring The Hotz (nz) out of retirement if youre worried about the field sizes in jumps races.

You might want to see what happened to a horse called that at Casterton last year on 27th June who fell  , the one with that name isn't coming out of retirement . Of course there could be two the same name which is entirely possible. 

9 hours ago, pole said:

I was seeking information on n.z based trainers. I should have been clearer with my question.

I thought you looking to bait us Kiwis ,so added a nibble to attract a bite and right on Q the big Sharkie strikes.....pogo the Aussie moderator.....hook ,line and sinker...kaching ,kaching !

Huey what planet are you on melody belle had her last two runs there and Tony pike had horses there, as did a few others and none of their horses did well. Bloody loyalty in punting NZ horses over the carnival cost me. 

3 hours ago, brownboy said:

Huey what planet are you on melody belle had her last two runs there and Tony pike had horses there, as did a few others and none of their horses did well. Bloody loyalty in punting NZ horses over the carnival cost me. 

A few in at Doomben Wednesday and look out for Pikes Tutukaka at the weekend.

20 hours ago, brownboy said:

Ignore him Brownboy- most on here do

4 hours ago, stodge said:

How good is this INCENTIVISE?

Watched the Pike runner stroll away with the first race, thought that would be the easiest winner on the day, but Incentivise made the rest of the field look like farm hacks, were they that bad of a lot??

1 hour ago, arjay said:

Watched the Pike runner stroll away with the first race, thought that would be the easiest winner on the day, but Incentivise made the rest of the field look like farm hacks, were they that bad of a lot??

Time will tell RJ……hasn’t beaten much to date and that field yesterday had second raters in it, but it can only win and is doing it easily.

Making it favourite for the Caulfield Cup is a bit premature though.

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Time will tell RJ……hasn’t beaten much to date and that field yesterday had second raters in it, but it can only win and is doing it easily.

Making it favourite for the Caulfield Cup is a bit premature though.

So! We have had 1 n.z trained winner in 5 weeks of racing on the gold coast and Brisbane. What is the answer? 

Incentivise , good horse to run up sequence , cannot do anymore but that form of who he beat yesterday , dire . Mirage Dancer looking to breeding shed now ,  third horse 6th in average Ipswich Cup under 54kgs last week, Southern France not the same since setback and rest just average stayers  .Zaaki beat MD by same distance  under a  hold at levels  at end three or four big races in prep  . Victoria in Spring in a big one a different league to that motley crew yesterday .

I see it was reported by ratings expert Dan O’Sullivan that Incentivise rated 108.5 in that win on Saturday, second only to Zaaki (110) in the Doomben Cup, 

That is serious Group 1 weight-for-age form,” O’Sullivan said.
It is well and truly supported by the clock, it stacks up with margins back through. 

“My ratings are normalised to weight-for-age, a horse like him in a Caulfield Cup will end up with about 53kg, that is 6kg under weight-for-age.

If you have a horse running serious weight-for-age figures and they’re in a handicap that far under what they would be in weight-for-age, they are basically going to win anything.

“If he ran in a Caulfield Cup with 53kg and ran to that figure, he would win it virtually every year in the last 10 years.
Whether he can actually run to that level in a Caulfield Cup is an entirely different story.

“It was a huge spike performance for the horse, the way I explain it is like cricketers when a guy averages 40, some days he is going to score a hundred but that doesn’t mean you expect him to get a hundred each time he steps out. It’s not necessarily realistic to think he is going to show up in a Caulfield or Melbourne Cup and think he’s going to run a 108.5.”

Having rated 103 for his run at Ipswich a week earlier, O’Sullivan said punters can expect to see something in between the two figures. 

“The key point is he has all the traits of a top-class horse, he has tactical speed, cruising speed, huge turn of foot and he has shown he has stamina for a mile-and-a-half,” he said.