RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Sheriff

Ch 35 v. Ch 36

they are never going to please everyone, I have found myself watching 35 today to watch the kiwis in Aussie but am usually on 36 as I like to see the before and after (although I do stuggle with Jasons stupid questions asked at times) My ideal way of running 35 and 36 would be one for gallops and the other for doggies and harness (I know I will get jumped on for that comment but I like gallops alone) I dont think they need to run both channels everyday though, maybe 35 could be a saturdau thing??

" just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are stupider".

....or even " more stupid " if you have been educated and understand the english language.

it's a quote you brain dead moron, but you'd be too stupid to see that, which kind of puts you clearly in the "stupider half".

FYI it's George Carlin, the American comedian, who also said, and this has your name written all over it, "if God hadn't meant you to masturbate he'd have made your arms shorter".

He also said "fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity", and "if you can't beat them have them beaten" (I rather like that one).

Keep your filth out of this site please

He also said "The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""

There could be some use for that idea here.

I'm inclined to think there is a place for both channels. TAB TV should be just that and show the wall to wall races that betting is being taken on. 36 needs work to make sure that significant transtasman events are covered and not pre-empted by idiotic comment from people who don't know what they are talking about.

Prior to the AG Challenge stakes at Wanganui today, I'm sure I heard something like "The horses at the top are there because they've earned it"

FFS, it's a WFA race.

Keep your filth out of this site please

Don't worry bonza, the sheriff likes to use big words and make out he is "all knowing" and when caught out resorts to filth , filth and more filth.

Another one of today's informative comments:

Bedlum will appreciate racing in a smaller field today (or very similar words)

Really? It only had 5 opponents last time it raced, today it had 8.

I cannot understand what they're trying to achieve with these two.

Do you think the TAB media people are just stupid or are they not into racing and neither care nor understand?

Yes the TAB media people must be completely stupid. There seems to be no point in having 2 channels, so they need to change now or dump one.

Trackside should be used to promote racing, especially on the weekend. Promoting racing is put on a standard of racing that is attractive to newcomers and casual watchers. It is to further build their interest, enthusiasm and promote their further involvement.

Trackside needs to have Quality Control, and only racing of a certain quality gets on. Today for example, Brisbane should have got 100% coverage, almost excluding anything else that clashed with it. The Harness Jewels today is not a normal event, so yes, that is worthwhile, but generally harness should be excluded from Trackside Saturday. Today, Elleslie and Wanganui should not have been televised on Trackside, as they are not of sufficient quality to promote racing. Broadcasting them is probably having a negative effect of building the market. Brisbane had so many tangible connections and high quality competition which would work to building NZ market interest, which would have a flow on effect, because casual race viewers would build their interest and knowledge and most importantly ENTHUSIASM, which downstream they would put back into the local scene.

Any Saturday meeting has to be of a sufficient quality to be put on trackside and the whole program around the day provides to building the market. If local racing is not of quality, it stays on Ch.35 only.

The problem with this is that 95% of NZ winter racing is not up to this quality, it is ugly, UGLY, atrocious junk. So, many tracks need to be liquidated as soon as possible and along with the 30 million plus in reserves, start building 2 venues, lower N.I. and upper N.I. that will provide racing surfaces of sufficient quality for Saturday winter racing on Trackside. It is the 9 months of bog mud tracks that needs to be addressed.

No 30 million left in reserve???? Hang the people responsible. Awapuni a strategic venue??? Maybe this guy needs to go already.

Start building a cross between Flemington, Trentham, Shatin, next week. The track only, forget about the facilities. Find plot on Kapiti coast, or if not, go to cheaper option of Foxton. Some serious thought needed for north.

Trackside Ch.36 as a promotion vehicle only of the best racing, or dump having 2 channels.

It might be a combination of stupidity and cultural disconnection. But certainly cultural disconnection is a predominant factor, as some of us have been bemoaning forever.

Wasn't "TAB TV" the brainchild of the $900,000 man, and wasn't it going to be the vehicle which delivered amazing financial surpluses to the N.Z.R.B. ?

Oz has Sky1 and Sky2 which follow a similar pattern, and N.Z. racing is on Sky2 only (the later, wall-to-wall racing channel). Did the $900,000 man copy Sky or did they copy him ?

I have to confess to having a quiet chuckle each Saturday morning when Karen Fenton-Bisdee-Ellis welcomes Australian viewers (at 7am Oz time) !!

And why do we still have the bloody venetian blinds on Channel 36 obliterating the "product", the "raison d'etre" of it all ?

On the face of it, the only obvious solution to the appalling presentation of N.Z. racing is the return of Luke Radich. Bring him back to run N.Z. racing. And I've no doubt that he won't demand $900,000p.a. to do it.

One thing he might do is get rid of winter flat racing, and leave the mud to jumping races.

Lets have a gallops only channel, I don't want to see South Island Harness denying me viewing good racing from across the Tasman from one of the 5 metro venues.

Those of us with many overseas accounts and Betfair don't want to be subject to Harness on a Saturday afternoon, only good thing is it provides a good chance to check odds and take a toilet stop.

Wasn't "TAB TV" the brainchild of the $900,000 man, and wasn't it going to be the vehicle which delivered amazing financial surpluses to the N.Z.R.B. ?

Oz has Sky1 and Sky2 which follow a similar pattern, and N.Z. racing is on Sky2 only (the later, wall-to-wall racing channel). Did the $900,000 man copy Sky or did they copy him ?

I have to confess to having a quiet chuckle each Saturday morning when Karen Fenton-Bisdee-Ellis welcomes Australian viewers (at 7am Oz time) !!

TAB TV was cooked up under Hansen's watch, and the second NZ Channel was launched months before SKY2.

..let alone the snubbing disrespect to clientel.,

for about the last 2 months, Monday'n'Tuesday..finds NO Trackside ch36 coverage!

..a huge prevention of turnover..and the equall Snubb !

i'll be told it's because of the new digital changeover i suppose., but TVNZ'll continue till the end of the period., Not the bloody beGining like the robotic toffs berefting Us in perpetuity have done., . .and they Cut the transmission miles too early anyhow.

Same as the "theys" quit the 3 place dividends for 7runners and upwards, that was a contingency measure in tough times a decade ago thereabouts, but DORE and his 'Heads' changed it back to 8runners..despite the small fields still prevailing, and his subservient lacky-line was we had to do it for Commingling., but that was still 6years away., meanwhile anaemia prevailed as a result of this 'Drunk-driving' at th'Helm:rolleyes:

for about the last 2 months, Monday'n'Tuesday..finds NO Trackside ch36 coverage!

i'll be told it's because of the new digital changeover i suppose., but TVNZ'll continue till the end of the period., Not the bloody beGining like the robotic toffs berefting Us in perpetuity have done., . .and they Cut the transmission miles too early anyhow.

Same as the "theys" quit the 3 place dividends for 7runners and upwards, that was a contingency measure in tough times a decade ago thereabouts, but DORE and his 'Heads' changed it back to 8runners..despite the small fields still prevailing, and his subservient lacky-line was we had to do it for Commingling., but that was still 6years away., meanwhile anaemia prevailed as a result of this 'Drunk-driving' at th'Helm:rolleyes:

Haha! Where have you been Hedley??!! Great to have you back!

I am a keen on the races with shares in galloper and pacers but I am not one who is transfixed to trackside on TV so I get mixed up with what is covered on which trackside channel. Recently thought I had taped very late at night a trots race from Perth which featured one of my ex horses to discover next morning I had taped the wrong channel and then taped a couple races from Tuesday harness meeting while at work to get home and find I had taped two hours of the screen saying that channel would be back after 4.30 p.m. or something like that. So frustrating - cause I thought Channel 36 was going to be dedicated to NZ racing but the whole thing just seems a shambles to me.

that a saving of $4m would occur by deleting one of them.

$4m is a piss in the ocean !!

For an industry that contributes many hundreds of millions both directly and indirectly to the economy who gives a stuff !! let us have the extra channel....or are we really getting down to the 10c pieces.

Infact looking at the Stakes i noted a small town country meeting NSW (Corowa) on the weekend,Stakes for most races about $5k,about the same as we have here for many mid-week meets.

Yes she is getting down to the 10c pieces alright.

Infact looking at the Stakes i noted a small town country meeting NSW (Corowa) on the weekend,Stakes for most races about $5k,about the same as we have here for many mid-week meets.

Yes she is getting down to the 10c pieces alright.

Things are that dire. Corowa wasn't even a TAB meeting.

It is extremely rare to have a TAB meeting in Australia with stakes on any race less than A$10K. When there are races that low, they would be like Rockhampton on a Saturday for $7K or $8K.

And NZ$4m is not a pittance, if the $4m is not actually delivering any benefits to the industry.

NZ should be running races with NZ$10K minimums, and run a single tier where stakes are based on class of event right from maidens up to top grade/group races.

..and we have to Have it like that..as a 'relativity straightener or correcter'..that effects as a smoothing or ironing Out of the current ratings system's 'bottleneck clusters' of similarly rated horses., and that ironing will make 'the form' have more consistancy integrity...as Well as have a similar consistancy streamlining 'absorbtion'..to and of the extent that our stuffed Surfaces Too...detract from the integrity consistancies.,

..that single tiered relativity..will best belie and represent reprehensible surfaces...effecting as a slight improvent On those vital perception consistancies.

Accountability anyone? !

..huge INCOME prevention here!

"...helLO !..Rome's burning and sinking faster !.."

..as to wether our 'ol'bitch'll be scuttled' by the fire in the bridge..or the hole in th'Hull i s'pose....

And the bridge being Petone, and the hole in the hull being the leakage offshore. I understand perfectly.

And the bridge being Petone, and the hole in the hull being the leakage offshore. I understand perfectly.

Long time since I saw much fire out of Petone, John. Otherwise, the hole in the hull would be all but mended by now.

Btw....good one Hedley...perfect in fact.