RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Pete Moody's thoughts on Integrity

PM and his thoughts on Ozzie racing show recently

But that was just the entree, as Moody moved onto an issue that has affected him in the past - the perception of 'mistake' vs 'cheating'.

Racing Integrity Commissioner Sean Carroll raised concerns about Victorian stewards’ practices after his inquiry into the reasons for their case against Cranbourne trainer Laming had to be thrown out.

Moody was banned for six months in 2016 after a long-running saga relating to elevated cobalt levels, with the trainer cleared of deliberate administration but found guilty on a lesser charge.

This ban and the effect on his reputation was front of Moody’s mind when it came to speaking about the Commissioner’s inquiry findings, in relation to the actions of steward Dion Villella - which brought the case against Laming undone.

“I think [it was] a great lesson for Dion Villella and the integrity department at Racing Victoria. I’ve got nothing personal against Dion, but I think it’s a great learning curve for the fact he made a mistake, and he got caught out making that mistake - he’s only human,” he said.

“But I think that should let them realise that the participants out there, whether they be trainers, jockeys, breeders for that matter - we make mistakes too because we’re only human. It doesn’t make us a cheat, it makes us human.

“So unless you genuinely catch someone cheating, be a little bit forgiving and respect the fact that they might be telling you the truth - don’t look down your nose at them and think they’re deadset cheating, the mentality that (former RV chief steward) Terry Bailey put into these people years ago that everyone out there’s a cheat and we’re going to catch you.

“Dion’s very lucky, he didn’t lose his livelihood over this like myself and other people did in previous issues.”

“A good lesson to be learned there for a few people, I reckon.”

So the question then must be why are incompetent dip shits running the RIU. How can this shit go on. Why are ex coppers whom have a questionable past involved in the RIU.

Putting an incompetent person who has a history of incompetence is not the answer. I always thought good investigation is to establish the truth through fact. Not just nailing some poor bastard because its easy to. Do they not have experts who can advise them or are Crimstone and co just not interested in the truth. Is this all about headlines which in a week no one remembers