RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Uriah Heap

Cricket Test Final

Ha ha yeh worked out in the end. Brilliant win finally in s major. Been sooo close. One to savour. We were just the better team , bowling batting and fielding. A good example was the great catch Nicholls took to dismiss Pant. India had a similar hard catch and decked it. Kudos to Kohli what a champion skipper and bloke  he is 🏏🏏🏆🏆

22 minutes ago, eljay said:

Not as long as mobile phones, i pads & the like are around, Tassie!

I coached junior cricket in the days before cellphones Eljay and even then it was difficult to find kids who wanted to be committed boundary riders for a day.They mostly resorted to studying/destroying the surrounding flora. Wicketkeeping was where the action was. Different world today as cricket, tennis, swim, rugby clubs are finding. Sad.😟

8 hours ago, chevy86 said:

I coached junior cricket in the days before cellphones Eljay and even then it was difficult to find kids who wanted to be committed boundary riders for a day.They mostly resorted to studying/destroying the surrounding flora. Wicketkeeping was where the action was. Different world today as cricket, tennis, swim, rugby clubs are finding. Sad.😟

Agreed ...but there seems to be enough enthusiastic parents ,teachers and professional coaches around to maintain a pretty good but small bunch of elite talent .

Plenty of talent spotters around too it seems , along with our diverse population and the odd "Import" moving to NZ.

One of the last High School teams I took sometimes had a boy playing who recently became an All Black....Ethan Blackadder...he was there to just enjoy the comradery and had little interest in Rugby while at High School ! And it was a "rugby' school !

2 hours ago, stodge said:

I'd welcome any suggestions on how to revive the corpse that is English Test Cricket after this morning's disaster in Melbourne.

Bring some batsmen with you next time!

Having said that Bolands performance was freakish!