RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
MrBigStuff

SENZ Radio

1 hour ago, ivanthegreat said:

Just assure me that the TAB has no  influence on the new radio content.

It's time we had something like the old Radio Pacific so we can have a good old them V us with the bookies as at the moment everyone is answerable to the TAB and more importantly PAID by them.

With the amount of bonus bets from the TAB being handed out in competitions the TAB are thick at thieves with senz.

Isn't SENZ an Australian based outfit?
Just wondering if there's any links back to "Grass Valley" ( they are mentioned in earlier topics) who were involved in the demise of Trackside TV from free-to-air TV?
Let's see if we can get that information out in the interests for Transparency and Integrity of Racing.

Were these contracts advertised and which other tenders were sent in?

SEN is Sport - Entertainment - Network, an AUS outfit. SENZ is a NZ company with links to SEN. The radio frequencies that NZ TAB owned were sold to SENZ. Surely to the highest bidder, one would think, but the seller has discretion as to who he sells to.

Senz are going to be taking commentaries from the English premier league, in the U.K. they are broadcast on a platform  called talk sport in the UK..

I listen through a website, app called tune in but they block the rights outside the UK but I think you can get one game during the day when all the other games are on,  it's actually interesting when all the games are on.

Talksport is actually good listening but senz are ok at certain times too.

So getting back to senz they are getting a good selection on the radio, it would be good though if they could get a extensive racing setup on Saturdays and public holidays, they are a work in progress.

On 6/18/2021 at 12:51 PM, MrBigStuff said:

The traditional Trackside channel will also run every race on the SENZ app under the ‘Trackside” tile

That tells me all racing will still be available on the SENZ app 24-7, which I encourage you to download. The cricket coverage last week was the best in a long time.

Sounds like the main racing on a Saturday will be on the actual radio airwaves, which I think is good rather than just having wall to wall racing as it currently is on TV. Might be a good way to go have the SENZ app playing through your bluetooth speaker or similar and marry it up the tv from trackside pictures so you dont have to listen to constant waffle by the tv presenters

2 months later what are your thoughts now?

I  note senz are broadcasting Oamaru and Te Aroha this afternoon, I heard the guy on there saying they are working on getting the Aussie races, when answering a text question, the Saturday afternoon show is on longer too, time drags a bit but as a whole I think they are doing a pretty good job as a sports station, I think in time the racing coverage will get better, just needs time.

They seem to be close to the TAB ,most of the competitions you win bonus bets, only catch is you gotta have account with the TAB

On 6/18/2021 at 12:15 PM, Blue said:

Sounds like all gallops. Would be good to have at least a smattering of harness there too but lets just see how it goes. Must gain favour on what we've had the last fifteen months which is zilch.

And yet TAB have announced record profit fir 20/21 season.

Sport betting figures are irrelevant.  It is sport betting gross margin that is the meaningful figure.  And taking into account the monumental cost of developing a computer system to handle the myriad of sports bets; well, amortization of those monumental costs must appear as a serious deduction from those sports bet gross margins.

The owners will need to have have deep pockets. The Ozzie version has posted decent losses since inception and given how Radio Sport ended up how long can this operation last. A bit like my comments previously about Trackside Radio- all very nice but costly to run for very little return. SENZ with its cost structure is really no different given they paid 2.2 mio to buy frequency leases for starters