RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
MrBigStuff

SENZ Radio

SENZ solidifies commitment to racing

By SENZ

SENZ has today announced it will be the major partner of New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing’s (NZTR) 2021 Horse of the Year Awards, to be held in September. 

This sponsorship of the Awards, which includes naming rights of the event’s ultimate honour, the SENZ Horse of the Year Award, reaffirms SENZ’s commitment to racing in its soon to be launched network of stations, acquired recently from TAB Trackside.

Sports Entertainment Network CEO Craig Hutchison said that SENZ was proud to partner the awards.

‘’SENZ is excited to expand its racing offering and partnering with such a prestigious racing industry event, which recognizes the top performers.

“New Zealand owners, breeders, trainers, jockeys and participants have united to drive the industry forward despite the most difficult circumstances ever encountered on the back of the global pandemic.

“It has been a great year for New Zealand racing, and we can’t wait to see who is anointed the SENZ Horse of the Year.”

SENZ has also unveiled its racing strategy across SENZ, with leading NZ identities leading the charge to bring racing to life across the platform and develop a new tone for audio racing coverage.

From 8am Saturdays, SENZ’s lead racing host, Louis Herman-Watt, will be joined by highly respected journalist and identity Michael Guerin on ‘The Mail Run’ to welcome the punters of New Zealand to the weekend and set the stage for the all-important race-day ahead. The show aims to set the racing agenda each Saturday and be the destination for tips and the inside word.

And from 1pm-5pm Saturdays, racing will be front and centre on SENZ yet again with ‘The Good Oil´. Hosted by the vastly experienced and industry respected Mark Claydon, The Good Oil will capture the imagination of New Zealand’s punting and racing enthusiasts with a fun and engaging look at the afternoon’s races. The Good Oil shares the day’s punting journey with its audience.

Claydon will be joined every week by up-and-coming racing personality Teina Walters and a rotating cast of racing identities including iconic auctioneer Steve Davis, respected racing administrator Andrew ‘Butch’ Castles and multiple Group One winning jockey Sam Spratt. 

The traditional Trackside channel will also run every race on the SENZ app under the ‘Trackside” tile.

Herman -Watt will lead racing coverage across the breakfast show with Brendon McCullum and Israel Dagg and during mornings with Ian Smith.

“We are delighted to join NZTR in supporting industry and areas such as ownership, syndication and local events to bring racing to new and existing fans alike,” Hutchison said.

NZTR CEO Bernard Saundry said “We are excited to have SENZ on board for the Awards. Having worked closely with SEN in Australia over the past 12 months, we are looking forward to their impact on the New Zealand market.’’ 

In Australia, SEN is the largest syndicator of sports radio content across Australia. The business owns and operates 21 radio stations around the country, including 1116 SEN Melbourne, 1170 SEN Sydney, 1629 SEN SA in Adelaide, as well as 13 stations under its racing brand SENTrack. It also owns a newspaper, magazine, and talent management business.

1 till 5 radio with people sitting around with a lot of waffle,maybe?we will just have to wait and see but the best racing starts after 5 over the ditch but everything is a work in progress i guess,time will tell.

Sounds like all gallops. Would be good to have at least a smattering of harness there too but lets just see how it goes. Must gain favour on what we've had the last fifteen months which is zilch.

36 minutes ago, Blue said:

Sounds like all gallops. Would be good to have at least a smattering of harness there too but lets just see how it goes. Must gain favour on what we've had the last fifteen months which is zilch.

The traditional Trackside channel will also run every race on the SENZ app under the ‘Trackside” tile

That tells me all racing will still be available on the SENZ app 24-7, which I encourage you to download. The cricket coverage last week was the best in a long time.

Sounds like the main racing on a Saturday will be on the actual radio airwaves, which I think is good rather than just having wall to wall racing as it currently is on TV. Might be a good way to go have the SENZ app playing through your bluetooth speaker or similar and marry it up the tv from trackside pictures so you dont have to listen to constant waffle by the tv presenters

I downloaded the app,on a saturday arvo they have a bunch of guys sitting in a studio discussing racing like a bunch of guys at the pub on one of their stations,that's not appealing at all but the Tab trackside should simulcast both channels separately,as it is it's a hard listen,try listening to anything such as a preview before a race and all of a sudden it just jumps over to the other channel,which is a little bit amateurish,as for the radio well let's just wait before passing judgement but as this is 1 till 5 that's not a full day and usually the top racing from oz is only kicking in then but who knows where it will end up.

As for the cricket when it goes to radio mostly it would be on that and probably the app.

2 hours ago, mikenz said:

I downloaded the app,on a saturday arvo they have a bunch of guys sitting in a studio discussing racing like a bunch of guys at the pub on one of their stations,that's not appealing at all but the Tab trackside should simulcast both channels separately,as it is it's a hard listen,try listening to anything such as a preview before a race and all of a sudden it just jumps over to the other channel,which is a little bit amateurish,as for the radio well let's just wait before passing judgement but as this is 1 till 5 that's not a full day and usually the top racing from oz is only kicking in then but who knows where it will end up.

As for the cricket when it goes to radio mostly it would be on that and probably the app.

Do you ever stop moaning about everything racing . Will you ever be happy- i doubt it so why not find another hobby

Turn it on in the morning and they're talking about rugby.  Turn it on in the afternoon and they're talking about rugby.  Turn it on in the evening and they're talking about rugby.  The only racing related thing I've heard is an advertisement for some quaddie app that is of no interest to me.  I've come to the conclusion that it's a radio station for rugby fans and there's no point turning it on anymore.

26 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

Turn it on in the morning and they're talking about rugby.  Turn it on in the afternoon and they're talking about rugby.  Turn it on in the evening and they're talking about rugby.  The only racing related thing I've heard is an advertisement for some quaddie app that is of no interest to me.  I've come to the conclusion that it's a radio station for rugby fans and there's no point turning it on anymore.

Why dont you ring up and talk to them about racing then?

3 hours ago, Bimbo said:

If I had nothing better to do I'd like to see how much time per hour is spent on senz adds about senz,it is a sports station,racing is too airy fairy,sunday afternoon they were talking sport all of a sudden says no racing in nz today but there is racing in oz and they gave the tote prices for a race from Wagga,no commentary no results,simple fact is your either doing something or not,ian Smith's ok on the morning,the others dont do much for me.

I think it's pretty good, it's new and will take a bit for them to find out what people are wanting to hear and talk about. I guess the adverts advertising themselves is because they haven't got a whole lot of sponcers yet and just need to fill the ad break times. 

Be great if they can get live commentary of all NZ racing, not sure what the plan is there. 

18 hours ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

I think it's pretty good, it's new and will take a bit for them to find out what people are wanting to hear and talk about. I guess the adverts advertising themselves is because they haven't got a whole lot of sponcers yet and just need to fill the ad break times. 

Be great if they can get live commentary of all NZ racing, not sure what the plan is there. 

Not sure if there is a plan,on their app they do the trackside simulcast that the TAB do.

As for sponsors,may well find that if they dont get sponsors who knows it may well end up like radio sport,no one knows.

You say that if they have all nz races on would be good but through the old trackside we became accustomed to the top aussie meetings too,so if you have a glass half full type scenario you wont engage all the possible audience,senz is about numbers of listeners,as in ratings.

It's a Sports Entertainment station as per in the name SE. As the programming matures we may here a little more racing if that's what sells the advertising but I wouldn't hold your breath on it. What I can't understand is why they don't have rights to the Aussie races, last Saturday, Claydo etc did their own part commentary while I was listening.They just take the TAB feed for the NZ races.

Some at SENZ need to be mindful they have no lawful right to tell people to get vaccinated and to wear a mask.

There's Broadcasting and other standards that need to be adhered to.

We all are protected by The Bill of Rights and other Laws enshrined in Law.

We have heard several of it's people, including those on the Horse Racing sections of it, say these things when it's a well known fact that under the first Level 4 Lockdowns there was misleading information and failures to inform people of their fundamental rights and 'Exemptions' amongst other LAWS.

58 minutes ago, meomy said:

Some at SENZ need to be mindful they have no lawful right to tell people to get vaccinated and to wear a mask.

We have heard several of it's people, including those on the Horse Racing sections of it, say these things when it's a well known fact that under the first Level 4 Lockdowns there was misleading information and failures to inform people of their fundamental rights and 'Exemptions' amongst other LAWS.

People are dying and in intensive care.

Nz is trying to cope with this horrible virus.

Meanwhile Meomy is waffling on about radio broadcasters encouraging people to take measures to protect themselves and their communities. 

Absolutely bonkers!!!

Meomy is definitely 20 cents short of a dollar 

Geez.....

35 minutes ago, 50 win no. 1 said:

People are dying and in intensive care.

Nz is trying to cope with this horrible virus.

Meanwhile Meomy is waffling on about radio broadcasters encouraging people to take measures to protect themselves and their communities. 

Absolutely bonkers!!!

Meomy is definitely 20 cents short of a dollar 

Geez.....

Yes and we have seen thousands of the people in New Zealand collapsing and dying on the streets of New Zealand.

We are long enough in the tooth to recall the same information was spread when HIV/AIDS, Ebola, Swine Flu were doing the rounds.

Keep up with the news about those involved in the Tobacco related industries and JUUL Criminal investigations and look at the bigger picture, what do we hear from the PM and her crew on that?

Oh that's right, it's Baker, Bloomfield, Heather Simpson, Tywford  and team who were in control of Public Health and have failed to step down as Criminal Investigations are going on internationally.

They have failed to fulfill their Duty of Care and disclose Potential Conflcts of Interests amongst other things.

They were in the thick of it when Smokefree Worldwide legislation was introduced and have failed to adhere to Food and Drug and other regulations with testing etc.

Hello.

Have a great day!

7 hours ago, meomy said:

Have a listen to Hosking on ZB in the morning,,he's so knowledgeable but just has one problem,he ain't been voted in to power as yet,but it must just be a matter of time before he starts his crusade to be not the number one talk host but the number one action man.

To put things into balance in relation to discussions in the media, and in general terms, this is most sadly happening across the world to people of all ages, including that of those who play sport.

Unless death from adverse side effects happens to someone one knows one is best to keep one's mouth closed about commenting on a paid for through us Mainstream Media in relation to vaccinations.

There are tragically many other previously fit and healthy young sports people who have been reported as dying as a direct result of this world wide trial.

As aside, Look up the history of GSK and the ongoing payouts they have had to make for starters.

The same Big Pharma players now controlling Glaxo merely acquire and merge with others to cover up repeated unethical practices.

Glaxo was once proudly a New Zealand company who made real Milk Products that were tested before use and nourished the vulnerable.

Whatever has happened to the Good of the people?

Just assure me that the TAB has no  influence on the new radio content.

It's time we had something like the old Radio Pacific so we can have a good old them V us with the bookies as at the moment everyone is answerable to the TAB and more importantly PAID by them.