RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
shaneMcAlister

How the NZ Tab price a home market

image.png.d76e46d101df0b22a9027916167983eb.png

Cambridge might be a home track for NZ TAB, or even a place to promote NZ racing.  Offer better odds to attract Oz punters to a NZ meeting.

So how does the NZ TAB price a home meeting, they wait till Ladbrokes posts their prices and then copy them.  You will see win prices are the same for all three bookmakers bar SportsBet being one point better for one runner.  All books are priced at over 131% which is high for fixed odds but common for the night before midweek racing.

So on the face of it NZ Tab appears competitive (albeit in an early market at 132%), however when you look at the place odds you can see that the NZ TAB is way, way off the pace.  In fact over 13% behind SportsBet.  This is a massive difference.

You are spot on the money Shane and TT and good on you for highlighting this This has been going on for a long time now. Often they will be $2 shy of the win prices you can get in Aussie. They call themselves "bookmakers" but true bookies don't copy and paste, they assess the chances/risk and frame their market accordingly. I remember several years ago wanting to put a bet on and the TAB agent rang through to head office and they reduced the fixed odds on that bet while I was on the phone. It wasn't even a big payout for them.  Why advertise a fixed odds price if you aren't going to honour it?  I think that's called "false pretences". I didn't put the bet on as a matter of principle.

If only for the purposes of balance  i backed a horse at Scone yesterday in Race 1 called Endorfhins.

The prices at my 3 betting options was 6.40 6.80 and 9's

You guessed it the NZTAB gave me 9's which was gratefully received. Like most things it pays to shop around and get the best value. Guess that debunks some of the anti price competitive naysayers re NZTAB. that appear on here. 

1 minute ago, JJ Flash said:

If only for the purposes of balance  i backed a horse at Scone yesterday in Race 1 called Endorfhins.

The prices at my 3 betting options was 6.40 6.80 and 9's

You guessed it the NZTAB gave me 9's which was gratefully received. Like most things it pays to shop around and get the best value. Guess that debunks some of the anti price competitive naysayers re NZTAB. that appear on here. 

That's what you call an outliner (if true). 

At the off today in Race 1 at Cambridge the NZ TAB was at 128%!!!!!!  Where as ladbrokes was at 120% and Sportsbet at 122%.  NZ tab was over 10% behind at the off for the place market.  Below is my FACTS.  I somehow find your facts a little harder to substantiate.    If NZ Tab wants to attract overseas punters then it would need to drastically improve its odds.

Keep up the NZTAB lobbying (its a hard job).

image.png.56645733a1329191e2d6b9a3665a50c4.png

12 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

That's what you call an outliner (if true). 

Now your being a right tosser. Moan all you like about TAB but you really do need to get a life. As for suggesting i lied about the prices , go look them up. Of the 8 races at Scone yesterday Tabcorp had 4 best prices NZTAB 3 and one was the same. So much for your selective biased  views or cant you take the truth like a real man

In I might add that you dont have to bet with NZTAB , you have lots of choices so bet elsewhere.

12 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Now your being a right tosser. Moan all you like about TAB but you really do need to get a life. As for suggesting i lied about the prices , go look them up. Of the 8 races at Scone yesterday Tabcorp had 4 best prices NZTAB 3 and one was the same. So much for your selective biased  views or cant you take the truth like a real man

In I might add that you dont have to bet with NZTAB , you have lots of choices so bet elsewhere.

JJ Flash I mean no offence I just back up my statements with facts (unless in pub and I tell massive pokies)...I believe (will stand corrected) you are looking at totalisler prices not fixed prices.  Totalisler prices are not bookmaker prices, they are a pool betting with set take outs.  You cannot bet with confidence of what the starting price would be in tote betting.

Must say JJ, your experience at complete odds with the reality I face with the NZ TAB.

Tell me why they don't open multi markets on a Saturday until after the Aus markers open? Simple really they reframe after Aussie open their market and locally they are below the Aussie book virtually always 

The reality is we do not have genuine bookmakers framing our market

IMHO our local market is a joke

3 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

Must say JJ, your experience at complete odds with the reality I face with the NZ TAB.

Tell me why they don't open multi markets on a Saturday until after the Aus markers open? Simple really they reframe after Aussie open their market and locally they are below the Aussie book virtually always 

The reality is we do not have genuine bookmakers framing our market

IMHO our local market is a joke

Don't bet with them then  if you have so many issues. Simple really. 

PS I have no. association.with NZTAB and only bet where I get best price whether it be Fixed or Tote.  

2 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

PS I have no. association.with NZTAB and only bet where I get best price whether it be Fixed or Tote.  

Just a side point, You don’t know tote price is best till after they jump. 

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Never said I bet with the NZ TAB, and in fact haven't for some years as they are uncompetitive. But I do access their site for local trial information then bet offshore. A very simple and logical decision IMHO 

1 hour ago, TurnyTom said:

Never said I bet with the NZ TAB, and in fact haven't for some years as they are uncompetitive. But I do access their site for local trial information then bet offshore. A very simple and logical decision IMHO 

yes mate and they are paying for ads begging us to bet with them.Obviously JJF is not associated with the Tab NZ as he is telling us to bet elsewhere..Which we do.

16 hours ago, TurnyTom said:

But I do access their site for local trial information then bet offshore. A very simple and logical decision IMHO 

Im sure they are pleased to offer their info for free to you although Shane posted elsewhere that it was not very accurate at times. They forgot that Tegan claims 2 kgs

Knucckledragga has posed a conundrum for you and other NZTAB naysayers re where to bet in another thread

"Most of the problems relate to money and as the biggest punters on NZ racing are from OZ we should be aiming to give THEM a better product to maximise their spend."

As i have consistently said , i bet where i get best price and have found NZTAB to be more  competitive in the last 12-18 months. More important than this back and forth over a minor issue IMO is whether your horse actually wins!! 🤑

15 hours ago, Memphis3 said:

yes mate and they are paying for ads begging us to bet with them.Obviously JJF is not associated with the Tab NZ as he is telling us to bet elsewhere..Which we do.

Keep up the good work, you are obviously not an owner and if you are your likely to also moan about low stakes. That said your not alone

41 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

although Shane posted elsewhere that it was not very accurate at times. They forgot that Tegan claims 2 kgs

I admire how finf the form TAB present acceptable, have a look at HK form below.  All horses are 4yo geldings, allrated 39, all have no starts statistics etc.

screenshot.thumb.png.c9563a92a5ff898b180f1e0bd3a0a9f2.png

5 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

As i have consistently said , i bet where i get best price and have found NZTAB to be more  competitive in the last 12-18 months. More important than this back and forth over a minor issue IMO is whether your horse actually wins!! 🤑

Actually if you talk to, or study the very serious punters they will tell you that the price you get is critical to long term results. The pros work on relatively thin margins already - so odds offered/takeout rates/rebates etc are all very important

4 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

Actually if you talk to, or study the very serious punters they will tell you that the price you get is critical to long term results. The pros work on relatively thin margins already - so odds offered/takeout rates/rebates etc are all very important

Correct, infact it is often the rebate rate that is their profit.

image.png.95c5aa1a77e0b998174cb413b4d10c2c.png

Note Betfair will have up to 6% commission on winnings, so you would only get odds of $20.40 for India....

Above is the cricket odds comparison, I can understand the TAB being shorter on NZ as home support may unbalance their book.  So by that logic they should be longer on draw and India, but oh no they are shorter on them too.  How will the ever compete, or attract overseas punters with this?!?!

15 hours ago, shaneMcAlister said:

image.png.95c5aa1a77e0b998174cb413b4d10c2c.png

Note Betfair will have up to 6% commission on winnings, so you would only get odds of $20.40 for India....

Above is the cricket odds comparison, I can understand the TAB being shorter on NZ as home support may unbalance their book.  So by that logic they should be longer on draw and India, but oh no they are shorter on them too.  How will the ever compete, or attract overseas punters with this?!?!

#Obsessed

14 hours ago, Huey said:

Haha careful Shane you're giving JJ an aneurysm ... the delusion and denial  in this one runs deep , I think its called the cult of TAB!

More nonsense from our resident bitter and twisted poster. My health is superb according to the Doc on Monday.

Keep making negative  posts and piggy backing on anything anti about NZ racing. Its amazing what makes people feel important and  happy. Hows your good mate Bob doing after been shown the door, still as miserable as ever?

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

More nonsense from our resident bitter and twisted poster. My health is superb according to the Doc on Monday.

Keep making negative  posts and piggy backing on anything anti about NZ racing. Its amazing what makes people feel important and  happy. Hows your good mate Bob doing after been shown the door, still as miserable as ever?

Hello resident fairy dust!!

It's not a Doc's job to check you for delusion now is it?