RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Zak Hussai

What can Trackside do better?

5 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Ive posted basically the same on hereĀ  numerous times TMĀ Ā More like 20-80 now and the 80 seem to want more of everything including Trackside Radio which whilst a " nice to have" wasĀ the first to go in times of financial stress and calls from the industry to CUT COSTS. Likewise the failure to invest in terminals for decades sees them now vulnerable and probably not worth fixing. Digital is way forward overseas so good to see us finally getting with the program

I dont think the terminals are at all relevant,we can input our bets on a range of devices so why cant the sellers use an i phone too? why will a simple laptop not do the same job you or I can do online,using those ancient terminals should not be a neccessity that hinders progress.If they had spent a fraction of the 50 mill on upgrading tote betting and products maybe we could at least get better bets on inferior product

12 hours ago, Nukkledragga said:

If they had spent a fraction of the 50 mill on upgrading tote betting and products maybe we could at least get better bets on inferior product

The previous Board/Management didn't and we are now paying the full cost of a very poor decision. So far the options that i have seen on racing sitesĀ re $50mio platform with $17 mio annual fees are in no particular order

(1) Carry on with Current systemĀ 

(2) Walk away from current contract orĀ 

(3) Write the currentĀ  investment off and start again

Given the state of NZTAB finances which current lot inherited Ā after Glenda and John were shown the door tell, us what you would do??. Its an open question to all on here.?

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

The previous Board/Management didn't and we are now paying the full cost of a very poor decision. So far the options that i have seen on racing sitesĀ re $50mio platform with $17 mio annual fees are in no particular order

Given the state of NZTAB finances which current lot inherited Ā after Glenda and John were shown the door tell, us what you would do??. Its an open question to all on here.?

Hi JJ (you never responded to my post showing tab place odds over 10% behind competitors)Ā 

Ā 

I agree the current board got handed a poisoned chalice and after $100m ($50m plus 3 years $17m maintenance fee) being spent on it there was no going back. Ā However IĀ still do not believe this platform performs to a leave expected for $100m (equal to competition).Ā Ā This is a platform that still seems to require a lot of manual input (bonus bet $2m and the football not paid out bet public examples, I have a few other private ones tooā€¦.). Ā 
Ā 

So personally I would say to supplier IĀ expect more. Ā This is how I act in my life, I am taking my 5yo unraced horse back to NZB soon as I brought it at the ready to run (and it obviously wasnā€™t ready to run) .

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Hi JJ (you never responded to my post showing tab place odds over 10% behind competitors)Ā 

. As i said in reply earlier i check out prices with 3 agencies and bet where the best priceĀ is. I find the NZTAB has become very price competitive in the last 12Ā months and thus use them on a regular basis which has not been the case in the past.

You gave a set of examples which is the opposite of my experience over last 12 months, Was it a one off , was it opening or closing prices. All variables i would take into account before unloading. Hope this answers your question

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

. As i said in reply earlier i check out prices with 3 agencies and bet where the best priceĀ is. I find the NZTAB has become very price competitive in the last 12Ā months and thus use them on a regular basis which has not been the case in the past.

You gave a set of examples which is the opposite of my experience over last 12 months, Was it a one off , was it opening or closing prices. All variables i would take into account before unloading. Hope this answers your question

I wil post the prices of TAB and two competitors for the next few weeks on Saturday meetings and I will bet that TAB is never the leader.Ā  Feel welcome to show me when they are ahead...

48 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

I wil post the prices of TAB and two competitors for the next few weeks on Saturday meetings and I will bet that TAB is never the leader.Ā  Feel welcome to show me when they are ahead...

You obviously have lots of spare time . I don't so this case is closed my end. I'll keep betting where I see the best price.Ā Ā 

As they say " each to their own"

5 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

This is what I will do upon my coronation as king of the TAB and high priestĀ of racing.Most of the problems relate to money and as the biggest punters on NZ racing are from OZ we should be aiming to give THEM a better product to maximise their spend.How ? Start by trying to LOWER the average dividends across the board( lower prices mean more winners reinvesting as opposed to 1 big winner who banks it/ buys a car etc) by changing from hcp racing to wfa on most races( hcps would stay for traditional features),by changing the calendar on all weekday races to create " circuits" leading up to saturday features.It is important to have consecutive weds for example racing the same horses/ jockeys/ tracks to give those bigger punters more confidence.This is a trickle up system starting with punters and ending with more aussie dollars to pay for anything and everything and making punting more attractive to kiwis.This means shutting tracks but I would put it to those tracks to create a " circuit" of their own with or without other clubs/ tracks and let the turnover do the talking.

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

You obviously have lots of spare time . I don't so this case is closed my end. I'll keep betting where I see the best price.Ā Ā 

As they say " each to their own"

I donā€™t have a lot of spare time, I just like to deal in facts. Ā 

make no mistake I would love to see a successful tab for the industry. But I think it has lots of improvement.Ā 
Ā 

You would not pay a higher interest rate on a mortgage to support the banking industry would youā€¦.

45 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

I donā€™t have a lot of spare time, I just like to deal in facts. Ā 

make no mistake I would love to see a successful tab for the industry. But I think it has lots of improvement.Ā 
Ā 

You would not pay a higher interest rate on a mortgage to support the banking industry would youā€¦.

You might haveĀ to wait to post 30June RacingNz Board meeting to see IfĀ more fundsĀ  are coming to NZTR .

Then you have to hope they dispense them in.your favour. Whatever the latter isĀ 

6 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Based on your post you might be waiting a while but good luck to youšŸ˜‰

Why not? Why wouldnt consecutive wednesdays racing on the same track not be successful? The aussies do it ,HK does it the US does it .Why wouldnt moreĀ  wfa races make it easier to pick winners than hcps? I know why it will never happen but I dont know why it wouldnt work as well here as over there

On 6/15/2021 at 2:20 PM, Nukkledragga said:

This is what I will do upon my coronation as king of the TAB and high priestĀ of racing.Most of the problems relate to money and as the biggest punters on NZ racing are from OZ we should be aiming to give THEM a better product to maximise their spend.How ? Start by trying to LOWER the average dividends across the board( lower prices mean more winners reinvesting as opposed to 1 big winner who banks it/ buys a car etc) by changing from hcp racing to wfa on most races( hcps would stay for traditional features),by changing the calendar on all weekday races to create " circuits" leading up to saturday features.It is important to have consecutive weds for example racing the same horses/ jockeys/ tracks to give those bigger punters more confidence.This is a trickle up system starting with punters and ending with more aussie dollars to pay for anything and everything and making punting more attractive to kiwis.This means shutting tracks but I would put it to those tracks to create a " circuit" of their own with or without other clubs/ tracks and let the turnover do the talking.

Would be great if clubs/tracks had the flexibility to do this, but alas they dont.