RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
kdt

Jason Waddell 10 Years DQ

We've seen the same with the likes of rugby league players, esp in Aussie. Huge money at a young age when they can't handle it and are not educated to deal with it. Fast cars, fast women, top shelf stuff then an injury stops things dead in the water, they have no other skills and end up living with Mum and Dad again at age 35. Not entirely blameless through the lives they've lived but still a sad state of affairs

The Law is an arse……🙈

For personal circumstances including an early guilty plea and Māori systemic deprivation, Justice Duffy allowed a total discount of 50 per cent which brought the sentence down to one year and nine months imprisonment.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/125400130/northland-man-who-drove-with-partner-on-roof-killing-her-to-finish-sentence-at-home

6 minutes ago, Breeder said:

Does this just disqualify Jason W from race day riding or does it include say working for a trainer or a stud ?

My understanding is that he can have no contact in any shape or form with the industry 

6 hours ago, poundforpound said:

It’s a bit sad really

He's a complicated bloke, and yes one can only hope he gets the support and remedial therapy he needs 

That said my view is that he’s at risk of ending up on the “scrap heap” of life, and no one deserves that 

What the industry doesn’t factor in, and the JCA & RIU compound, is that these blokes who give their life to racing from an early age have no plan B alternative, they simply don’t have any other employment opportunities or skills once the industry they’ve given their lives to turns its back on them

Rather barbaric in my view 

I have a serious question,   what does our jockeys  assn behind  the scenes do for  support in such matters like this surely they need be looking into this with current jockeys  , or  lorereoked into by the apprentice school (  life after racing  even for trainers  ) 

I would be just interested to know  

My question is what bought about this behavior?? What lead up to this event? Without excusing what has transpired? Sadly we have only heard part of the story without the context, always makes me wonder.

On 6/11/2021 at 9:20 AM, poundforpound said:

It’s a major industry failing 

A jockey by nature has to starve himself / herself every week, if not every day, they’re hungry, irrational and vulnerable to drugs that give them energy and diminish their appetite …. then this happens 

There should be systems in place to educate and support them, and when they transgress to rehabilitate them

They're industry assets after all, unlike those from the RIU who judge them so harshly, but who’d be best described as industry liabilities 

Does anyone know why Grimstone’s name has been redacted from the judgement ? Seems odd given that he was the antagonist toward JW, and the recipient of some “colourful” communications, are they trying to protect his reputation now … far too late if they are 

so if thats the case is our jockey assn doing there job?  isn't that there responsibility welfare of there own