RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Palliser

Trackside

My God it is so boring.. week after week the same old same old, bring in the guy from TAB about betting trends, so and so went from 3.5 at opening trading to 2.9 etc etc etc ... who out of the major market of punters gives a toss. And they need to get rid of the Whale I pick red hotters but still can't get it right Thompson rubbish in the Harness section.

6 hours ago, Baz (NZ) said:

On course presenters are required to start with!
Andre Neill is filling a gap after the race with his facebook platform RACING THIS TIME

Exactly. I watch less NZ racing now that they have no before or after race interviews, it’s taken the human element out of it and the product they are putting out is very dull.

I take exception to that TAB bookie twat referring to we the customers as  "THEY"....................... Someone needs to remind the twat that without "They" HE wont exist too long. I find myself constantly questioning the TAB odds. Take yesterday's meeting in the deep south with horses paying $1.30 that are one start short of dog tucker many running down the track as you would expect.

Unfortunately Baz you won't be seeing many trackside presenters on course again next season which will be an utter joke. They will be present for every group 1 meeting (around 18) and then additions such as the carnival at Riccarton Park for the jumpers in August. 

For meetings at Te Rapa and Cambridge you would think they would be on track as the presenters live near the track and would probably have to  commute more to the studio than the racetrack also for central districts at Trentham and the rare meeting at Tauherenikau. The insight from trainer and jockey before and after the race would be more beneficial from the punter and would involve more betting and more revenue for the TAB. 

I have put this to TAB NZ but they don't care they think the studio presenting has been going great and spends have remained the same. The mention of an extra cameraman and a floor person well wouldn't they be present in the studio. Appalling 

They will never learn and will never presenters on track day by day like we used to for another 50 years!!!!

How are the helping the NZ public. 

On 6/5/2021 at 10:52 PM, Palliser said:

My God it is so boring.. week after week the same old same old, bring in the guy from TAB about betting trends, so and so went from 3.5 at opening trading to 2.9 etc etc etc ... who out of the major market of punters gives a toss. And they need to get rid of the Whale I pick red hotters but still can't get it right Thompson rubbish in the Harness section.

I know a simple solution if trackside is getting boring,turn it off,simple,I have only a certain limit of how much I can take,I enjoy watching a few but wall to wall does my head in after a while.

2 hours ago, Zak Hussai said:

Unfortunately Baz you won't be seeing many trackside presenters on course again next season which will be an utter joke. They will be present for every group 1 meeting (around 18) and then additions such as the carnival at Riccarton Park for the jumpers in August. 

For meetings at Te Rapa and Cambridge you would think they would be on track as the presenters live near the track and would probably have to  commute more to the studio than the racetrack also for central districts at Trentham and the rare meeting at Tauherenikau. The insight from trainer and jockey before and after the race would be more beneficial from the punter and would involve more betting and more revenue for the TAB. 

I have put this to TAB NZ but they don't care they think the studio presenting has been going great and spends have remained the same. The mention of an extra cameraman and a floor person well wouldn't they be present in the studio. Appalling 

They will never learn and will never presenters on track day by day like we used to for another 50 years!!!!

How are the helping the NZ public. 

To me it shows the huge gap from officials running racing in Australia and the Muppet show being run here in NZ.😡

Professionals vs Amateurs! 🙈

I see the professionals have multiple presenters on course at most meetings....obviously our overpaid salary suits know better here in NZ! 🤬

5 hours ago, Baz (NZ) said:

To me it shows the huge gap from officials running racing in Australia and the Muppet show being run here in NZ.😡

Professionals vs Amateurs! 🙈

I see the professionals have multiple presenters on course at most meetings....obviously our overpaid salary suits know better here in NZ! 🤬

Just think we mostly get sent their officialdom that they didn't want ... nuff said.

5 hours ago, mikenz said:

I know a simple solution if trackside is getting boring,turn it off,simple,I have only a certain limit of how much I can take,I enjoy watching a few but wall to wall does my head in after a while.

Agree I have, as someone said is just got so bats**t boring!

18 hours ago, Huey said:

Agree I have, as someone said is just got so bats**t boring!

So nothing changes with you and your love affair with NZ TAB - best you F off and continue moaning  with Brodie at your fav channel. Bob  can join in as well or  you could try, just once and a while to make a constructive post on here.

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

So nothing changes with you and your love affair with NZ TAB - best you F off and continue moaning  with Brodie at your fav channel. Bob  can join in as well or  you could try, just once and a while to make a constructive post on here.

Pull ya head in!

I don't need brainwashed sheep like you telling me what I can and cannot say.

Lets not forget you're that brainwashed you think getting rid of trackside radio was a good thing, youre that brainwashed you could work for the government!

13 hours ago, Huey said:

I don't need brainwashed sheep like you telling me what I can and cannot say.

Correct, i can let you be a moaning stupid idiot all by yourself and a quick look back at your historical posts says it all about your negativity. You must lead a really sad life based on your previous posts. Probably a lost cause.

13 hours ago, Huey said:

Lets not forget you're that brainwashed you think getting rid of trackside radio was a good thing,

When you inherit a near bankrupt business and industry participants call for cost cuts then the non performing "nice to haves" should be the first to go. I think that point is lost on you despite it being explained many times. It cost 3-4 million and obviously generated way less than that on a CB basis.

I work in the private sector , you should try it- running a business that is. Its a challenge but that's why myself and many other do it.

3 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Correct, i can let you be a moaning stupid idiot all by yourself and a quick look back at your historical posts says it all about your negativity. You must lead a really sad life based on your previous posts. Probably a lost cause.

When you inherit a near bankrupt business and industry participants call for cost cuts then the non performing "nice to haves" should be the first to go. I think that point is lost on you despite it being explained many times. It cost 3-4 million and obviously generated way less than that on a CB basis.

I work in the private sector , you should try it- running a business that is. Its a challenge but that's why myself and many other do it.

Listen "JJ Happy Sheep"  I don't know why you have this deep fascination with giving these guys credit for savings in costs , when the industry has been screaming at them to do it for 20 years or more & even then they only did it because

a) they had to - Broke

b) Covid gave them the perfect excuse

c) The government provided the real sustenance to keep going.

You might be impressed by such obvious goings on what with your detailed experiences in the Private sector and all , but no me.  

I know youre going to pull out the old chestnut of the new regime etc. , but why did it take them so long to do something then? If they hadn't they may have been able to save the radio (non revenue earner, nice to have - LMAO and you work in the private sector!) 

Whats next races with no race caller? Horses racing with no saddle cloth? How about computer generated races run in an Excel spreadsheet?  With your logic the cost savings opportunities are endless - Stakes will triple the industry is saved !!!

59 minutes ago, Huey said:

Listen "JJ Happy Sheep"  I don't know why you have this deep fascination with giving these guys credit for savings in costs , when the industry has been screaming at them to do it for 20 years or more & even then they only did it because

a) they had to - Broke

b) Covid gave them the perfect excuse

c) The government provided the real sustenance to keep going.

You might be impressed by such obvious goings on what with your detailed experiences in the Private sector and all , but no me.  

I know youre going to pull out the old chestnut of the new regime etc. , but why did it take them so long to do something then? If they hadn't they may have been able to save the radio (non revenue earner, nice to have - LMAO and you work in the private sector!) 

Whats next races with no race caller? Horses racing with no saddle cloth? How about computer generated races run in an Excel spreadsheet?  With your logic the cost savings opportunities are endless - Stakes will triple the industry is saved !!!

Seriously Huey , 

Why do you stay involved in Racing ,particularly NZ Racing.

A much bigger, better racing country is nearby ....very close !

Non -stop negativity achieves very little and you will be aware of the message in the story about the boy who cried wolf .

Do you have any skin in game or anything which prevents you from having a break......you are now starting to abuse other posters ...for what ?

Cheer up champ or take up an interest in something which gives you more joy !

43 minutes ago, tasman man said:

Seriously Huey , 

Why do you stay involved in Racing ,particularly NZ Racing.

A much bigger, better racing country is nearby ....very close !

Non -stop negativity achieves very little and you will be aware of the message in the story about the boy who cried wolf .

Do you have any skin in game or anything which prevents you from having a break......you are now starting to abuse other posters ...for what ?

Cheer up champ or take up an interest in something which gives you more joy !

Enough already of the obvious bias for your mate, who started this by abusing me.

I've plenty of skin in the game thanks, but its none of your business btw

What you and your mate deem as negativity by posters - many view your over the top sugar coated , bias posts & attempts to find anything and everything right with the industry when it is clearly not the case as borderline delusion at best & deceitful at worse!

23 minutes ago, Huey said:

Enough already of the obvious bias for your mate, who started this by abusing me.

I've plenty of skin in the game thanks, but its none of your business btw

What you and your mate deem as negativity by posters - many view your over the top sugar coated , bias posts & attempts to find anything and everything right with the industry when it is clearly not the case as borderline delusion at best & deceitful at worse!

So you very ,very secretive.

Not supporting any mates......never met the poster you refer to.

Your cries for help are like winking in the dark , you know what you thinking and doing but no one else does.

Personally I think plenty wrong with NZ Racing that could be improved on.

I have seen the decline in racing over a significant period of years and it of great disappointment.

I go to my clubs [plural] AGM and speak my mind on some matters ,and talk to the Clubs leaders.

At Jewels on Sunday I spoke to both CEO's of HRNZ and NZTR.

I follow what both Codes up to ....I understand  the wheres and whys of what they trying to achieve and the challenges faced after the whole Industry basically became bankrupt/insolvency recently.

If I reached your stage of discontent ,I'd move on and try some other interests.

I find it quite telling that you so secretive and wont divulge your Interest in the Industry.

I attend  race meetings regularly ,am a mainlander but now live up North and own shares in a number of horses and dabbled in breeding. In past I have worked around stables,studwork and written articles and done Audits of some racing clubs.Small but regular punter !

Always available for a chat......not a secretive ,anonymous , gutless keyboard warrior who loves misery for company.Cheer up champ !

42 minutes ago, tasman man said:

So you very ,very secretive.

Not supporting any mates......never met the poster you refer to.

Your cries for help are like winking in the dark , you know what you thinking and doing but no one else does.

Personally I think plenty wrong with NZ Racing that could be improved on.

I have seen the decline in racing over a significant period of years and it of great disappointment.

I go to my clubs [plural] AGM and speak my mind on some matters ,and talk to the Clubs leaders.

At Jewels on Sunday I spoke to both CEO's of HRNZ and NZTR.

I follow what both Codes up to ....I understand  the wheres and whys of what they trying to achieve and the challenges faced after the whole Industry basically became bankrupt/insolvency recently.

If I reached your stage of discontent ,I'd move on and try some other interests.

I find it quite telling that you so secretive and wont divulge your Interest in the Industry.

I attend  race meetings regularly ,am a mainlander but now live up North and own shares in a number of horses and dabbled in breeding. In past I have worked around stables,studwork and written articles and done Audits of some racing clubs.Small but regular punter !

Always available for a chat......not a secretive ,anonymous , gutless keyboard warrior who loves misery for company.Cheer up champ !

The above to me signifies Achiever.

1 hour ago, Huey said:

Alas Huey you don't come across as one except in the negativity stakes which is why i made the comments about your constant bagging of everything. You achieve nothing with your keyboard warrior attacks. Bet you have never met with let alone discussed anything positively with any of the senior management/board  of current NZTAB or NZTR since new Racing act came in. What say you of the recent bonus distributions to the codes and improving balance sheet.??.

5 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

The above to me signifies Achiever.

Alas Huey you don't come across as one except in the negativity stakes which is why i made the comments about your constant bagging of everything. You achieve nothing with your keyboard warrior attacks. Bet you have never met with let alone discussed anything positively with any of the senior management/board  of current NZTAB or NZTR since new Racing act came in. What say you of the recent bonus distributions to the codes and improving balance sheet.??.

Hello !  even NZTR acknowledge the cost savings the industry have been screaming out for years for. 

Next seasons figures are the ones I'll be interested in, compared to this seasons - hopefully I'll have to eat humble pie and the wagering performance in particular continues on an upward projectory!

Maybe a good idea. would be to  have all the market movers, and big bets at the bottom of the screen and have someone else talk other than the guy from the tab andre neill or someone like that would be better. It is boring the current way not far wrong about the whale either backs favorites that are under the odds all the time he would be better of trying to find some value instead of backing favorites at 1.60 when a lot of the time they should have been paying closer to 2 dollars. I think he picked every winner on the card at the harness jewels 2009. his picks used to be a lot more consistent than what they have been the last 7-8 years or so part of the reason for this maybe because the tab have tightened the opening prices over the years.

14 hours ago, Huey said:

Next seasons figures are the ones I'll be interested in, compared to this seasons - hopefully I'll have to eat humble pie and the wagering performance in particular continues on an upward projectory!

Dont you mean distributions. Thats what everyone wants  so the respective codes can either use it operationally  or increase stakes or a combo of both?

14 hours ago, Huey said:

What say you of the recent bonus distributions to the codes and improving balance sheet.??.

Any chance of a reply to this question i posed to you earlier.?