RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
bestbets

TAB fixed odds

Had a friend given a horse to bet on. so night before he sees on fix its paying 1.95 a place an puts 40 a place. Next morning after scr an deductions the TAB adjust the price to 1.05 yet when they set the price they open it at 1.35. How can there be two different prices. My mate made 2.60 an feels the market shown pre race day is very miss leading. 

I explained that lesson learnt.  they always set a market an include the ballots so you know the prices are misleading for experience punters like myself an usually the tote price is a lot better than what the TAB set. Not a good experience for my novice punter who feels let down. 

On 6/4/2021 at 6:24 AM, bestbets said:

Had a friend given a horse to bet on. so night before he sees on fix its paying 1.95 a place an puts 40 a place. Next morning after scr an deductions the TAB adjust the price to 1.05 yet when they set the price they open it at 1.35. How can there be two different prices. My mate made 2.60 an feels the market shown pre race day is very miss leading. 

I explained that lesson learnt.  they always set a market an include the ballots so you know the prices are misleading for experience punters like myself an usually the tote price is a lot better than what the TAB set. Not a good experience for my novice punter who feels let down. 

A trap for young players and not so young ones to, I find the early fixed market offer poor odds, but im at the other end of the scale looking for those long priced odds, also I find most the time fixed odds change markedly from half minute to race start and even after race starts and more money added to the pool, one I took at 65s fixed only seconds before race start, ended up closing at 125 and I'm sure I couldn't have got those odds as seemed to update after race close, have tried the refresh page to, given technology surely it could be more accurate before race close, very frustrating. 

On 6/5/2021 at 11:21 AM, Tauhei Notts said:

Honest bookmakers will bet starting price guaranteed.

Dishonest bookmakers won't.

SP guarantee has nothing to do with final scratchings and deductions