RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

STRADBROKE COMP MEMBERS TO CHOOSE

OK everyone lets have some input from you all..lets get some suggestions on a comp for next weekends Stradbroke day...then we will put up a poll on Monday and the most popular will be the comp for Stradbroke Day with a big prize pool. Lets hear all your suggestions and make it a fun weekend.

Pick three ( 3 ) horses per race.

$10  each way on all 3 selections and $1.00 boxed quinella and Trifecta with your three numbers.

Then  1  Best Bet race for double points on all collects.

Then one ( 1 ) Long Shot pick any where on the Stradbroke Day  Race Card.

Doesn't have to be a selection from the members previous picks.

Long Shot defined as a winner with Starting Price  of $14.95 or more.

if the Long Shot wins with the usual $10 ew they score double points. i.e. LS  wins and pays $18.00 /$3.50 points scored would be

( 18.00 X 10 =180  +  3.50 X 10 = 35  =215  doubled equals 430)

if the Long Shot wins and pays less than $14.95  no double points , no points, narda, nill.

( stops people selecting a $3.10 horse as a Long Shot, just to get some bonus points )

Depends on what suits Dr Paul Pondy's abacus.

Cheers people.

34 minutes ago, Nukkledragga said:

18 races/ holes just like golf and no mulligans unless you are a bookie

ive run a few comps on here related to placing, makes for a very close comp and when every placing counts the pointy end becomes edge of seat particularly in larger fields

Here's a comp I ran on NZ Derby day a couple of years ago.

Pick one horse in each race 

Select how much EACH-WAY you want on it (Tote odds apply).

Had to be a minimum of $10ew, there was no maximum EW amount but the Win and Place amounts had to be identical.

Now the twist - the winner wasn't  the person who collected the biggest amount. The winner was the person whose final total collected was CLOSEST TO $500. (it didn’t matter if you were under or over the $500 total, you just had to be closest).

And the winner of the comp got $500.. that was Black Kirrama which I remember well... He was already closest to the $500 leading into the last race. In the last race itself, at the 600m mark his horse was in the trail and trotting which you'd normally be happy, but any placing would have destroyed his chance of winning the comp. But luckily it fell in a hole and he hung on to win it. And I  also remember Fiscal Fantasy flying along the rail and missing by a nose or head. If it had got up they would have won the comp... sorry Ohokaman.!!!

Also Kloppite went rough in the Derby by picking Crown Prosecutor and expecting it to run down the track.... oops!!.

You definitely needed to put your thinking caps on.

For a comp on Stradbroke Day you don't have to use the $10ew amount or closest to $500 amount... picks any amounts you want.

17 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

I was thinking something like pick a horse NOT to run in the first 3 or 5 if it does you lose 10 points...and if it fails to run in the first 3 or 5 you get 10 points...just a thought for a bit of fun.

Too easy Scoob…there are always no hopers in every race and the duplication would be huge I reckon.

I would make Straddy Day the second leg of a two week comp like before as these two weekends are the culmination of the Queensland Carnival.

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Too easy Scoob…there are always no hopers in every race and the duplication would be huge I reckon.

I would make Straddy Day the second leg of a two week comp like before as these two weekends are the culmination of the Queensland Carnival.

Cant change the rules now...the comp is already up for this week.

22 hours ago, CommonSensical said:

It wont suit Stradbroke day but just one to think about is another "Losers get Layed" 

Usually run these over a number of weeks but you can run a one day version of this - I ran one or two on here many moons ago.

You pick a horse to get beaten in each of the nominated races.  You earn points if it doesn't win and the more favoured the more points you earn (points earned = 100/win dividend), and you lose points (say 40 or 50 points) for each winner you pick. 

If you pick 2 winners you are eliminated.  If you like you can have Best Bet races where you double your reward (but you also double your risk).  Entrant still standing and with most points accumulated at the end of the day wins.

Pick 4 horses each race.

$10.00 each way on each.

Boxed Quinella, Trifecta, and First 4 with each race., $1.00 units.

The tote dividend is how you accumulate.

Unfortunately will create more work for scorer but gives a real return for your picks.

2 hours ago, MAJESTIC said:

Pick 4 horses each race.

$10.00 each way on each.

Boxed Quinella, Trifecta, and First 4 with each race., $1.00 units.

The tote dividend is how you accumulate.

Unfortunately will create more work for scorer but gives a real return for your picks.

Ideal for dart throwers. One accurate dart and bingo they win the comp. There are a few of them about 

I like the idea of choosing 4 horses. 
$10 each way on all 4.

$2 boxed Quinella of all 4
$1 boxed Trifecta of all 4

No Best Bet nor First 4.

It shouldn’t allow for a fluke winner, but more of a consistent winner.

Run with the concept as is and I will contribute $200 towards the prize pool.

Liz

Some of these methods are very elaborate and asking a real lot of the scorer.  The past 2 weeks quinella comps meant no points for third at all , so we do need that.

Why not 1 pick one horse per race ,with  5 points first place,  3 points for 2nd place , 1 point third and cover more races. ? so the entry will look very 'scorer Friendly'

BEST BET one at each meeting? for double points ?

example if I picked horse number 5 every race.

NZ meeting 1.   R1) 5,   R2) 5,  R3) 5,  R4) 5 ........ so on , so forth

NZ meeting 2     R1) 5,  R2)  5, ........................ etc

Sydney meeting  R1)  5,  R2) 5 as BB  R3) 5,   R4) ............etc

Melbourne meeting R1) 5,  R2) 5,  ................etc...

Brisbane Straddy    R1)  5,  R2) 5,  ..............etc,        so quick and easy to assemble , 45-50 odd races covered,  should sort out a winner ok ???