RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

harness jewels results a week early

Is there a degree of inevitability this year... ( alright IĀ am a smart ar.....e)

The 9 winners are....

Amazing Dream

Highgrove

Bettor Twist

True Fantasy

five wise Men

Akuta

Krug

Bolt for Brilliance

Bad to the Bone. (despite Zachary refusing any comment to the press. lol)

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, john legend said:

Is there a degree of inevitability this year... ( alright IĀ am a smart ar.....e)

The 9 winners are....

Amazing Dream

Highgrove

Bettor Twist

True Fantasy

five wise Men

Akuta

Krug

Bolt for Brilliance

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks.....pretty much sums up what the 'experts' said on Boxseat last night ,along with those who set the TAB markets.

Hard to disagree , but at least one 'hottie' will surely strike bad luck while I've seen the odd young trotter be put off by the big occasion and excitement.

At the last Cambridge event I remember over half the field broke in one trotting event while at Addington 2 yrs agoĀ  there were a couple of false start shambles and several breakers though the very wet day probably contributed as well.

2 hours ago, john legend said:

The 9 winners are....

Amazing Dream

Highgrove

Bettor Twist

True Fantasy

five wise Men

Akuta

Krug

Bolt for Brilliance

Ā 

Will give you 5 winners, wouldnt have either of Dunns trotters even though ability wise they would be the best in the race

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, john legend said:

The 9 winners are....

Amazing Dream

Highgrove

Bettor Twist

True Fantasy

five wise Men

Akuta

Krug

Bolt for Brilliance

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

There are some 'shorties' this year for sure . Amazing Dream, Akuta, Bettor Twist, 5 wisemen, Krug all racking up very impressive records. very hard to beat any of them.

Perhaps the Trotting jewels 2 and 4 year olds events could go to the very impressive last start winners Mystic Max and Muscle Mountain ? .Ā 

Kango should lead the last race so Bad to the Bone without cover maybe? a huge task but by far the race full of the most chances. Copy That will need an exceptional drive from that barrier too,Ā  over the short distance. best of luck to all invested in the great days racing.

7 hours ago, john legend said:

The 9 winners are....

Amazing Dream

Highgrove

Bettor Twist

True Fantasy

five wise Men

Akuta

Krug

Bolt for Brilliance

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Young trotters not hew safest bet in town so im going against favs

Great days racing whether you made money or not. Akuta had to be seen to be believed given its early blemishes.

Tabcorp account holders gotĀ 21.80 and 1.30 for Bolt for Brilliance for its win although Ozzie turnover on the Jewels was disappointing IMO.

I hope next Jewels the TAB allow all betting at 3 days before.. Sim to melbourne cup race. a special jewels number is needed to do this and if it "cant be done " find some I.T people that can do it.I too by the figures on tote there was little to enthuse over. This disappointing because a big marketing effort went in but if punters cant bet on thursday and friday nights it is an opportunity lost ps .my tab was virtually empty except for the pokies sunday. In 73 years the phrase that annoys the most is "it cant be done "šŸš”

According to 1 owners the day was a shambles from aĀ hospoĀ  point of view. Have not seen anything from BGP as yet and last i saw 90 odd were attending.Ā  It shows the difference between the codes . they would get 4 or 5 times that at one of the big gallops days

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

According to 1 owners the day was a shambles from aĀ hospoĀ  point of view. Have not seen anything from BGP as yet and last i saw 90 odd were attending.Ā  It shows the difference between the codes . they would get 4 or 5 times that at one of the big gallops days

A shambles in what way ?

I thought a huge effort was put in by Club to make the day a success....certainly lifted the bar from previous @ Cambridge IMO.

The place looked in great nick ,well presented ....a lot of food options spread out all over ditto the TAB totes.

All went to time ,horses on track etc and racing was spectacular with horses quite close etc.

Only negative I saw was a few tote machines breaking down and/or not reading betslips.TheĀ  TAB guy with the roll of papertapeĀ  was doing his best to fix the antique machines. Bit of a bottle neck at the gate maybe ,plus owners getting their tickets a bit of a squeeze . But a lot of folk turn up at once at limited entry doors.A big influx even an hour before start.

Other than that... Parking very well organised ,ton of staff. A lot of young helpers giving out books and pens. Golf cart ubersĀ for the older folks who had 100+ metres to walk. Free barista coffee . Great signage , divi board outstanding.Plenty toilets !

A bus load of of tote staff from Auckland ....a lot of effort put in by club

You werent talking to a negaholic ...a doom and gloom whinger ?

The Unhinged interviews showed very positive participants.

As for BGP ,they had a smallish area and were pre-selling about 100 tickets from memory....I went in there and they seemed happy... it was not a big hooplah /event like some of their other functions.

ps...its a big day for owners ,and a lot attend. Many big syndicate horses racing and each owner given two owners passesand 2 x drink coupons .Maybe a bottle neck at that particular bar !

1 hour ago, tasman man said:

A shambles in what way ?

I thought a huge effort was put in by Club to make the day a success....certainly lifted the bar from previous @ Cambridge IMO.

The place looked in great nick ,well presented ....a lot of food options spread out all over ditto the TAB totes.

All went to time ,horses on track etc and racing was spectacular with horses quite close etc.

Only negative I saw was a few tote machines breaking down and/or not reading betslips.TheĀ  TAB guy with the roll of papertapeĀ  was doing his best to fix the antique machines. Bit of a bottle neck at the gate maybe ,plus owners getting their tickets a bit of a squeeze . But a lot of folk turn up at once at limited entry doors.A big influx even an hour before start.

Other than that... Parking very well organised ,ton of staff. A lot of young helpers giving out books and pens. Golf cart ubersĀ for the older folks who had 100+ metres to walk. Free barista coffee . Great signage , divi board outstanding.Plenty toilets !

A bus load of of tote staff from Auckland ....a lot of effort put in by club

You werent talking to a negaholic ...a doom and gloom whinger ?

The Unhinged interviews showed very positive participants.

As for BGP ,they had a smallish area and were pre-selling about 100 tickets from memory....I went in there and they seemed happy... it was not a big hooplah /event like some of their other functions.

ps...its a big day for owners ,and a lot attend. Many big syndicate horses racing and each owner given two owners passesand 2 x drink coupons .Maybe a bottle neck at that particular bar !

The unhappy ones horse was a long and lonely last which did not help.

Anyone I spoke to said they had a great day as well given conditions

23 hours ago, john legend said:

Ok ok, didntĀ pick all winners but some were unlucky. eg Highgrove , and Amazing Dream.but congrats to the winners and place getters. great speedy day.Ā 

Didn't see Highgrove as unlucky. In fact after seeing him at Addington I felt theres no way he'd finish in 3 at the Jewels regardless of the draw but like you JL caught just a couple of good payouts but thoroughly enjoyed seeing good horses vs good horses in competitive racing.

On 6/7/2021 at 5:06 PM, JJ Flash said:

That horse was lucky to be there in the first place,it had no form,I decided not to comment before the race because I may have been proven wrong,it was outclassed but it ran true to form.

10 hours ago, mikenz said:

That horse was lucky to be there in the first place,it had no form,I decided not to comment before the race because I may have been proven wrong,it was outclassed but it ran true to form.

Sweet Lous did not feature all day- that would not have helpedĀ šŸ˜‰

On 6/7/2021 at 5:06 PM, JJ Flash said:

I was at a small gathering of 'Harness' folk last night and all were very complimentary of how Jewels day went.

One , a hard marker, said he ventured around the racetrackĀ , spoke to a lot of people and said those attending were extremely happy with the day ,the facilities and the organization !Ā