RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Spikecity

Felt this was going to happen - Tim Williams

3 hours ago, Lee270744 said:

BTW the trainer has had over 1000 drives.

I knew someone would bring this up sooner or later. 

The next question which should have its own thread is who is the next young harness person to be inducted into the successful model that Team AS originated

9 hours ago, Spikecity said:

Indeed the whole outfit is looking more micky mouse as it goes along. Mark and Nat finished, except maybe helping for premiere meetings, Tim getting sacked or quitting, looking for a new foreman supposedly to replace Hayden who looks and sounds like just a spokesman for the real Bosses

Tim was the stable foreman. I think the relationship with Hayden and Tim went downhill after Nelson in the New year. 

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

I knew someone would bring this up sooner or later. 

The next question which should have its own thread is who is the next young harness person to be inducted into the successful model that Team AS originated

Why isn't Michael Purdon part of the model ? Is he living in that area training Mystic Max? ?  He just won a GROUP 2 with that horse (he owns it himself) so must be pretty tuned in.

and if went along as Cullen's Foreman could really Launch Himself , get some BIG owner backing , and ...... well you know the rest . dad Mark could have handy tips too. 

On 6/1/2021 at 6:21 PM, Flybaby35 said:

Tim was the stable foreman. I think the relationship with Hayden and Tim went downhill after Nelson in the New year. 

Tim received a phone call from Mark on Monday 24 May advising that "Nats Back" and he wouldnt be getting any drives at the Jewels so he resigned.

3 minutes ago, kilcoyne said:

Tim received a phone call from Mark on Monday 24 May advising that "Nats Back" and he wouldnt be getting any drives at the Jewels so he resigned.

The call should have come from Hayden - easy to see who the boss really is. Loyalty means nothing to the Allstars.

On 6/1/2021 at 1:57 PM, Spikecity said:

im gonna speculate here but id say that post Jewels Mark and Nat will not be seen for quite some time on the track. Holiday time .

I would say you would be right Spike.   They will no doubt turn up again around September as the build up to Cup week starts. 

Although Nat indicated she wanted a decent break it is obvious her and Mark are always going to be around to take the top drives for the stable when the money is up.  

Williams probably realized this so there was really no point in staying. 

While Cullen is running the stable logistics and so forth I would imagine Mark & Nat have significant input into the training, especially around the big races.

It would be interesting to see how their results would stack up if Mark & Nat weren't around at all. But that may not happen for a few years yet

4 hours ago, kilcoyne said:

Did this come from legitimate source??. The reason I ask is because I've seen the same story elsewhere but it was quickly challenged.

Hasn't he done well this season. 92 wins from 547 drives . UDR of .2834.  Given the dramas with HC barn he has carried on to perform as only a true professional would once he departed Rolleston

About to start a new stable driving position  soon. I wish him well and hope he continues to drive winners  from his new base.

11 hours ago, Spikecity said:

Best outcome ever for Tim getting out - multiple winners every week - well done

Most that have left Purdons have done well in the driving stakes. 

Well done to the Telfers as well for last nights winning  performances Will certainly add further colour to Canterbury racing

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

Most that have left Purdons have done well in the driving stakes. 

Well done to the Telfers as well for last nights winning  performances Will certainly add further colour to Canterbury racing

The Telfer stable taking Harness very seriously.....big players !

Great to see their success last night .....have some very good cattle !

Tim was always #3 driver for AS behind two 'champions' and he got some fantastic opportunities as a youngster while with them and no doubt his role there has set up his CV and work ethic.

Now he can earn a good living driving , probably less Group success for a while but with Telfer, Dunn drives he sure to be in the contest.....Darling Me and Henry Hubert two group candidates for starters !