RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Spikecity

Felt this was going to happen - Tim Williams

As much as I admire Allstars and their horses I have felt that Tim seemed to get shafted time and time again.

He was getting the 3rd favoured drive in most races and as soon as these horses showed potential he lost the drive,

e.g. Have Faith in Me - Won at least two of the biggest 3yr old races but when he went to Aussie he loses the drive,

Ultimate Machete huge 3rd in Jewels when 3rd choice of drives in the race - never to get the drive again,

Better Twist regular driver winning big races and then suddenly Nat takes over

Yes it is their choice but loyalty doesn't seem to count for much 

12 hours ago, Spikecity said:

As much as I admire Allstars and their horses I have felt that Tim seemed to get shafted time and time again.

He was getting the 3rd favoured drive in most races and as soon as these horses showed potential he lost the drive,

e.g. Have Faith in Me - Won at least two of the biggest 3yr old races but when he went to Aussie he loses the drive,

Ultimate Machete huge 3rd in Jewels when 3rd choice of drives in the race - never to get the drive again,

Not really 'Shafted' as such. He did just drive AKUTA to a $200,000 feature race win 2 weeks ago. I'm sure he's very happy with the drives he gets.

When you have Mark Purdon and Natalie Rasmussen , 2 of the best trainers/ drivers the planet has ever seen , available. 'everyone' else is THIRD STRING for drives.

Fabulous for the stable junior Olivia to get a First string the other night, while Nat at Addington. 'Amazing Dream' a dream drive for the young lass in Auckland

Blair Orange patiently drove the THIRD STRING quite often , and came up with the most massive reward . which was The NZ CUP 2019 with Cruz Bromac.

Not a bad third string at all. Doubt if Blair considered himself shafted either. Blair and Tim honoured to be driving such fantastic horses.

18 hours ago, Spikecity said:

My heart bleeds for him, I’m sure he will pay the gas bill ok this month..

46 minutes ago, Spikecity said:

Blair drove him

Thnaks for the correction Spike. Your man TIM, was in fact driving the 'second Place-getter' COSMIC MAJOR in the Group1 last week for the Cullen Stable behind AKUTA.

and also 2nd with CosmicM, when Blair won driving AKUTA as you say , in the $200k sires stakes race, the previous week. 

The Great News though, (to keep everyone winning at Cullen's) is the previous month TIM Williams Won with COSMIC MAJOR in the Group 2 time-honoured NZ Welcome Stakes !!!! thus relegating the illustrious drivers/horses of Akuta and Mark driving, and Natalie on Franco Mac back into the placings. Another fantastic Cullen Trifecta .

So Tim still got to taste Victory after-all as the THIRD STRING. Maybe Tim can win the Jewel with Cosmic Major coming up ? go close if not shafted.anyway.

On 5/27/2021 at 8:52 AM, JJ Flash said:

It was always a case of him leaving to pursue his own career outside of current set up. Blair and Greg  Payne did the same in recent times. Will no doubt get more drives from Dunn stable and slowly build up numbers. 

Good luck to him

Since when did Greg payne work for all stars?

9 hours ago, maple h said:

Really!!!

you are wrong

M Purdon and Grant Payne had a training partnership between 2008 and 2012 . It's on Record in HRNZ trainer stats/ records  pages.

There is a missing year for Grant 2007  as he was a public trainer 2006 .

19 hours ago, 2Piper said:

M Purdon and Grant Payne had a training partnership between 2008 and 2012 . It's on Record in HRNZ trainer stats/ records  pages.

There is a missing year for Grant 2007  as he was a public trainer 2006 .

So you think Greg and grant payne are the same person!!

you are a fucken genius

15 hours ago, Spikecity said:

Not one drive for Tim for Cullen on Jewels Day 

Makes you wonder whats going on behind the scenes given the Jewels were coming up.? Or just coincidence given he said he was departing.

I see the stable is also advertising for a Stable Foreman, wonder who that's replacing or is it an additional?

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

Makes you wonder whats going on behind the scenes given the Jewels were coming up.? Or just coincidence given he said he was departing.

I see the stable is also advertising for a Stable Foreman, wonder who that's replacing or is it an additional?

Indeed the whole outfit is looking more micky mouse as it goes along. Mark and Nat finished, except maybe helping for premiere meetings, Tim getting sacked or quitting, looking for a new foreman supposedly to replace Hayden who looks and sounds like just a spokesman for the real Bosses

1 hour ago, Spikecity said:

Indeed the whole outfit is looking more micky mouse as it goes

Hardly- Just look at the results since HC took over, superb UDR and stakes won looks impressive. 

I'm gonna speculate here but id say that post Jewels Mark and Nat will not be seen for quite some time on the track. Holiday time .

3 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Hardly- Just look at the results since HC took over, superb UDR and stakes won looks impressive. 

I'm gonna speculate here but id say that post Jewels Mark and Nat will not be seen for quite some time on the track. Holiday time .

I am not dogging the results - they are fantastic - just querying what is really going on there, as to who is really making the big decisions.

It was Mark or Nat that took Tim off the previous mentioned horses and assume they made the decision re Better Twist - my assumption - could have been the owners or Hayden, but I doubt he would enough clout to do that.

Likewise if you say Mark and Nat will disappear after the Jewels who will be the stable driver? J Cox and Olivia? IMO something smells but I could be wrong

1 minute ago, Spikecity said:

as to who is really making the big decisions.

I would say HC is paying the bills if that's a clue.

After Jewels i suspect the HC team will either go out for a spell or be sent to Ozzie carnivals so no real need for local stable driver but Cox /Thornley would be ok as they have been endorsed by previous trainers. Just my thoughts.

1 minute ago, JJ Flash said:

I would say HC is paying the bills if that's a clue.

After Jewels i suspect the HC team will either go out for a spell or be sent to Ozzie carnivals so no real need for local stable driver but Cox /Thornley would be ok as they have been endorsed by previous trainers. Just my thoughts.

Spankem has already gone over, there are some big races coming up soon in Brisbane. Hope Mark and Nat come and 'Strut their stuff'  please.

Joshua Dickie is getting some North Island drives for Cullen already. Doing a great job with SUNTAN recently and a big chance of the Jewel too.? go Josh !!  

Many have wanted change ? as the ALLstars dissolved ? , now crying foul when they think nothing's changed. And then when it does are still upset?? Tim and Blair not regulars anymore . 

And Natalie is already Beating Cullen runners. SOUTH COAST ARDEN recently winning at Addington and Might be a chance in the last Jewel race as well (Beat Italian Lad home maybe)