RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Black Kirrama

Melody Belle Lot 510 GC sales tomorrow.Late competition for Cafes.

Well done to the owners but it looks like all those wins did not amount to much in the sale ring. Lot 528 Mizzy with 4 wins went for $2.2 million. No Grp 1 wins --2 x Grp 2 and one Group 3.

Probably bought to continue racing with so may not be a apples with apples comparison.

Arcadia Queen to come and she will possibly be a fairer comparison because she will not be racing again, I believe.

2 minutes ago, Breeder said:

Well done to the owners but it looks like all those wins did not amount to much in the sale ring. Lot 528 Mizzy with 4 wins went for $2.2 million. No Grp 1 wins --2 x Grp 2 and one Group 3.

Probably bought to continue racing with so may not be a apples with apples comparison.

Arcadia Queen to come and she will possibly be a fairer comparison because she will not be racing again, I believe.

Always has to be a knocker...good on you....the owners had a hell of a ride. 57,500 into 2.6M and about 4M along the way...geez hard to please some I guess. JMO.

2 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Always has to be a knocker...good on you....the owners had a hell of a ride. 57,500 into 2.6M and about 4M along the way...geez hard to please some I guess. JMO.

It is not alway's knocking.  We all now that this horse was a once in a lifetime horse.  

Comparing horses and comparing horses in different eras in great fun.  

This site allows all the name calling in the world, but if someone has an opinion on a horse they are considered knockers.  

12 minutes ago, Breeder said:

Being sent to Written Tycoon. 

11 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

If you read the start of my post I said well done to the owners and I meant it ! I agree she has been a wonderful race mare, but we are talking about her sale here.

I thought this was meant to be a discussion.

53 minutes ago, Breeder said:

If you read the start of my post I said well done to the owners and I meant it ! I agree she has been a wonderful race mare, but we are talking about her sale here.

I see what your getting at Breeder , I kind of thought lower than higher as not a stellar pedigree ,and  champion race mares produce a share of duds . I was well off with 800k though . I suppose it's only a few years and we wil get idea how well spent 2. 6 mil was . Good on the owners . 

1 hour ago, Breeder said:

It is...and I think that the difference is clear now between NZ and Ozzie form....NZ form is at a discounted price nowadays...also JMO...you are fully entitled to yours as I am mine...cheers.

1 hour ago, shaneMcAlister said:

It is not alway's knocking.  We all now that this horse was a once in a lifetime horse.  

Comparing horses and comparing horses in different eras in great fun.  

This site allows all the name calling in the world, but if someone has an opinion on a horse they are considered knockers.  

No you are also entitled to your opinion...you seem to love to knock people or things on here to...I think you have been called out on it before. I happen to think she sold well and that the owners would be over the moon for the ride they had...and as I said NZ form is discounted nowadays...but I am allowed to say as I see it...as is breeder...thats what a discussion is...JMO..you can take it whatever way you choose...

16 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

...you seem to love to knock people or things on here to...I think you have been called out on it before. 

If you can show me where I have knocked people on here before than point it (and I will stand corrected),  I only knock lack of prize money and what I call an inferior betting platform.  

What I believe you are referrring to as "I think you have been called out on it before" is inaccurate.

JMO

16 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

If you can show me where I have knocked people on here before than point it (and I will stand corrected),  I only knock lack of prize money and what I call an inferior betting platform.  

What I believe you are referrring to as "I think you have been called out on it before" is inaccurate.

JMO

Its JMO ..sorry if it seems wrong to you...

Bob Peters wasn’t letting Arcadia Queen go cheap….bid of $3.4m not enough…reserve was $4m apparently.

Nettoyer was the bargain of the day at $900k and Greysful Glamour at $1.5m.

Interesting to see Kiwi mare Bonham reach $1.6m….made Melody Belle look cheap but obviously the Aussies didn’t put much store in those NZ Group one wins………Mizzy went for $2.2m….compare that record.

Just for the benefit of Sunloon or next please as he likes to call himself these days....they can be entered and sold as breeding and racing propositions or also just as a  breeding proposition only...which is what she was sold as so then she is not allowed to race on for her new owners.

25 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Actually yes if she is being sold as a breeding proposition then yes she can not run again.

But if she failed to get in foal at any time by chance, could they get their money back? I guess that's a 'no'.