RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
shaneMcAlister

The great $50M system with annual $17M maintenance

Get accurate...you're trying to maintain an argument for an argument's sake. You don't know they were in extra time. They hadn't finished. It could well be that this bloke had seen a pattern and tried to exploit it. Having a bet at 3.48am is abnormal to most of us, so maybe there was an angle. The problem that I see is that the bloke accepted a $100 voucher so has blown his chance. That may well be because he knew he was jipping the system, or maybe he doesn't know contract law and the term known as a settlement.

All I know is that without a proper open investigation, none of us will find out the truth and this will have been a public relations disaster, as  it still continues to be

It happens on a daily occurence.

I placed a bet on the NBA. The option is "first team to 10 points". One team was paying $2 to get there first, but they were up 9-2.

This option should have been closed, or the team up 9-2 should have been $1.01.

My bet got refunded, as it should. It's the exact same situation, except this guy tried to win six figures.

Just over a year ago, Vic,NSW and ACT tabs did a payout offer after the third leg of the quaddie (so the match was still in play) to save themselves a BIGGER payout should they win the last leg.

1323 people accepted the offer and money was transferred to their accounts. (Quaddie paid between 5k and 7k after final leg) 

SUDDENLY the tab realised the offer being TOO LARGE, froze all the accounts , and systematically 'refunded themselves' saying an Odds error had occured.

Netoyer had won the Doncaster at 40-1 and blew up the divvies.

One punter for his $50 with 7.8% of quaddie investment was paid $37,600 . One punter had transferred to his bank account from the Tab account already, and they drew it back out of there (that's a troubling thought they can get into your bank account ?) Two punters were splitting up winnings between mates already . All the accounts were frozen for days after. 

Some that 'Accepted' the offer after Quaddie third leg , would of got the Quaddie after 4th leg complicating matters even further.

Moral of story : TAB can make an error and then claim it back, You can't.    .......and also, have 2 accounts so when they stuff up ,then freeze their customer, you can still bet with someone else.

2 hours ago, Pure Steel said:

Just over a year ago, Vic,NSW and ACT tabs did a payout offer after the third leg of the quaddie (so the match was still in play) to save themselves a BIGGER payout should they win the last leg.

1323 people accepted the offer and money was transferred to their accounts. (Quaddie paid between 5k and 7k after final leg) 

SUDDENLY the tab realised the offer being TOO LARGE, froze all the accounts , and systematically 'refunded themselves' saying an Odds error had occured.

Netoyer had won the Doncaster at 40-1 and blew up the divvies.

One punter for his $50 with 7.8% of quaddie investment was paid $37,600 . One punter had transferred to his bank account from the Tab account already, and they drew it back out of there (that's a troubling thought they can get into your bank account ?) Two punters were splitting up winnings between mates already . All the accounts were frozen for days after. 

Some that 'Accepted' the offer after Quaddie third leg , would of got the Quaddie after 4th leg complicating matters even further.

Moral of story : TAB can make an error and then claim it back, You can't.    .......and also, have 2 accounts so when they stuff up ,then freeze their customer, you can still bet with someone else.

That was a quaddie cash out malfunction. You can't tell me that the people that took the cash out offer didn't know that they were taking advantage of the situation and hoping it went unnoticed.....

59 minutes ago, pakari said:

That was a quaddie cash out malfunction. You can't tell me that the people that took the cash out offer didn't know that they were taking advantage of the situation and hoping it went unnoticed.....

It was a quaddie in name only,the bookies do not operate a quaddie pool but match the tab divvie,a potential huge liability as it proved to be.It was a disaster of their own creation

1 hour ago, pakari said:

Don't think anyone was hoping their payout went un-noticed. ??A million dollar pool on Doncaster Day, a huge betting day. How would anyone of known how many others had offers.?

Nature Strip was one of the winners, and the Doncaster went to a 40-1 shot. Enough to reckon the Pool would be VERY large with a big Divvie.?

The punters didn't make the offer to their Accounts , the TAB did , so NO , don't think anyone was taking Advantage. (unlike the guy in the story of this thread, trying to get on because the late night odds hadn't up-dated) 

Anyway the TAB wins out, the clauses say they can adjust things if necessary. I'm just saying they actually PAID out that short Quaddie offer, THEN changed their mind. that's a huge error.

But the TAB advertising is;

"You know the odds.  Now beat them."

BUT if the odds we post on the internet are too generous we reserve the right to void the bet, after the event has been decided, that our odds were skew  whiff.

I have seen a pub bookmaker take a smack to the mouth when he tried that trick.

1 hour ago, Pure Steel said:

Don't think anyone was hoping their payout went un-noticed. ??A million dollar pool on Doncaster Day, a huge betting day. How would anyone of known how many others had offers.?

Nature Strip was one of the winners, and the Doncaster went to a 40-1 shot. Enough to reckon the Pool would be VERY large with a big Divvie.?

The punters didn't make the offer to their Accounts , the TAB did , so NO , don't think anyone was taking Advantage. (unlike the guy in the story of this thread, trying to get on because the late night odds hadn't up-dated) 

Anyway the TAB wins out, the clauses say they can adjust things if necessary. I'm just saying they actually PAID out that short Quaddie offer, THEN changed their mind. that's a huge error.

They actually paid out in this case too, then withdrew the "winnings"  from his account. 

In business it's very dangerous to set a precedent in order to appease a customer Granted there is a vast variance in the bet winning amount below and the winning return to the customer referenced in this thread but in Court it could be argued that the amounts in difference should not come into it but rather the process and reasoning that was applied to appease one customer should also apply to others.

I think the punter used an obvious error to his advantage but they took his money for the bet  and initially paid him which shouldn't have happened. The punter shouldn't have used the comp bonus bet as in doing so he has basically accepted a form of compensation.

At the end of the day the situation shows the incompetence  of both the  TAB's human and computer ability to run a smooth running operation in the betting business world.

TAB backtracks over man's winning bet.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/5278704/TAB-backtracks-over-mans-winning-bet?fbclid=IwAR0A5fbg0EfUVnj1rk-M_dpOY3cHJARA55x8EKve-dVxb-zwj64cgUz6Fc4

Paloma Migone
07:40, Jul 14 2011

When punter Mike Smaill tried to cash his winnings at a Dunedin TAB outlet he was left feeling like a loser.

The TAB cancelled the bet after it made an error in the odds for the Hull Kingston Rovers' English rugby league 
match on Sunday, and refused to pay Smaill the $412.50 he won.

"I was disappointed that they could cancel bets. If it was their mistake they should really swallow it," he said.

Smaill has been supporting the rugby league team for the past five years.

Last weekend, the odds were $5.50 and he lay down $75.

Smaill admits his team was not very good, so he was excited when they "finally came through".

After he was turned away Smaill called the TAB's help desk. He was told the terms and conditions allowed the TAB to 
opt out of paying winnings if there had been an error in an offer.

Smaill was given the option to write a complaint.

"I did see afterwards that it would have been a mistake because the team they were playing was at the bottom of the table," he said.

Stuff contacted the TAB this morning and asked about Smaill's case.

New Zealand Racing Board communications manager John Mitchell said Smaill would have his winnings paid in full.

The rules were clear, Mitchell said, but the TAB was flexible.

"If there is a case of someone not deliberately setting out to take advantage of an error, it was a bet placed in good faith, 
then generally speaking we do pay out.

"We have done that in a couple of recent cases from the last week or so."

He said there were human errors in the TAB system from time-to-time, but it was "extremely rare".

But Mitchell could not say how many mistakes had taken place in the last year, or how many people had their bets refunded.

There was training in place to keep errors to a minimum, he said.

1 hour ago, Idolmite said:

They actually paid out in this case too, then withdrew the "winnings"  from his account. 

Crikey, that makes him unlucky then . I see it now ,   under the photo of ticket in the opening of this thread Herald article.

You would think once 'ALLCLEAR ' to pay given that money in your account is yours. A real tough one to decide. 

I guess the TAB considers the Account 'their's' to do what they like with. The frozen accounts in Aus were frozen for more than a week in total. Having a great impact on some Punters, missing further wins. some had even selected the last leg winner. so what to do with them .? surely just pay the quaddie percentage they picked..

The complications were mainly that some of the 1200 or so people that were paid the 'wrong' amount, had cashed out of their accounts so TAB had to chase them individually and ask for money back. not an easy task. 

Not sure how they got on getting it back from that handful of punters. (There had been a similar error Quaddie offer earlier that week at Cranbourne too, ) What a bad glich .crazy times. 

7 hours ago, Pure Steel said:

The cash out offer was after the 3rd leg so of course they would know what it was going to actually pay, you telling me when you're alive going into the last leg don't look at the approximate divs?

2 minutes ago, pakari said:

The cash out offer was after the 3rd leg so of course they would know what it was going to actually pay, you telling me when you're alive going into the last leg don't look at the approximate divs?

Good point. But remember the offer accepted by the 1200 persons with all sorts of percentages of the quaddie alive after leg three, was still in the majority of cases a Small Percentage , and much less than the actual Quaddie Dividend , (approximates for $1) , and looking very Generous .  Why turn it down.? 

Yeah definitely a couple of people with Large percentage alive had a huge offer so that would of looked 'Too good to be true'  . You know what they say about that sort of thing.

And of course at that stage you Don't know who is going to win the last race leg of quaddie ?? so if just looking at just one runner alive, you are right ,and could calculate your percentage. Lots of people I know take a field and a half dozen and an anchor etc, etc, so end up with 2-5 % of a quaddie, on occasion. not everyone a mathematical genius either.....  

Interesting showed Devine Duke as claiming 3kg apprentice allowance, but angelica in last race same rider is carded to carry 56kg with with no sign of any claim, are I missing something, or is this just another poor example of the site.

2 hours ago, Shad said:

Interesting showed Devine Duke as claiming 3kg apprentice allowance, but angelica in last race same rider is carded to carry 56kg with with no sign of any claim, are I missing something, or is this just another poor example of the site.

This is unfortunately common place.

2 hours ago, shaneMcAlister said:

This is unfortunately common 

Very poor to be fair, and a defining fact for me when assessing  the form of a horse on a very wet track, claims certainly make a huge difference in those conditions, and not be  disclosed, is very unprofessional.