RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
shaneMcAlister

The great $50M system with annual $17M maintenance

5 hours ago, NextPlease said:

I read the article.

Someone has kindly provided the time he placed the bet. 3:48am... that's 108 minutes after the pre-live betting market closed.

When a team is 4-0 up with 2 or so minutes remaining, do you really think you'll still get odds of $11 and expect to be paid out?

Are you really under a belief that if the All Blacks are leading 70-0 against Australia with 2 minutes to go and the odds incorrectly display $2, the TAB should pay?

This has happened countless times - and the result is never in favour of the punter. This guy doesn't deserve the money, he placed the bet when the result was all but guaranteed.

The issue is this new system nearly stands is $100m and your get errors, headlines like this. 

8 hours ago, NextPlease said:

True, and the system hasn't lived up to it's worth. But, there are rules in place and those rules are rock solid, so this guy is flat out of luck. But he knew that when placing the multi with a handful of minutes left.

You are making an assumption that the punter knew the odds were wrong ,that the punter should be second guessing a 50 million$ system,that the punter should be more of an expert odds setter than the expert odds setters! Where is your proof that he knew or should have known anything.

You can't tell me he's awake at 3:48am and has no idea about the progress of the games.

He's live betting, so he knows full well what the situation in every game is. He bet every game within a couple of minutes of completion and even added in an exact goal score bet for more value.

He tried his luck in the hopes the TAB wouldn't spot their mistake. And yes, it's the TABs mistake to leave the prices up that didn't reflect the in-game situation, but there are rock-solid rules in place to protect them from such events. As there are with every bookmaker in the world.

Now... had he placed this bet at 2:05 or 2:10, I'd feel sorry for him. But placing the multi when the games are all but finished... come on.

For example.

If Brooks Koepka has a 10-shot lead coming down the 18th today and he's still paying his original fourth round odds of $2.50, don't you think that's odd? Don't you think something wrong has happened with the odds?

Would you expect to be paid out on your bet, despite his real odds being $1.01?

Bookmakers advertise wrong odds by accident. This doesn't mean they advertise $1.45 instead of $1.50. It means advertising a fixed price that doesn't accurately reflect the market, such as a football team paying $2 to win, holding a 3-0 lead, with two minutes to go.

Then it's what comes next that counts. Instead of having two groups of customers feeling that an injustice has been done, where  the current public relations has created unhealthy debate, the TAB should hold a transparent inquiry in order to determine what actually happened and how to address it. Was it a technical glitch or was it human error? By being open it may satiate the concerns of the two groups and create a public relations windfall while understanding how to get it right.

The NZ Tab typically mirrors live betting odds from offshore bookmakers, so there might have been a mix up in that area.

But yes, an explanation is needed, despite the rules being set in stone and despite the punter placing his bet with mere minutes remaining (if that...)

37 minutes ago, NextPlease said:

For example.

If Brooks Koepka has a 10-shot lead coming down the 18th today and he's still paying his original fourth round odds of $2.50, don't you think that's odd? Don't you think something wrong has happened with the odds?

Would you expect to be paid out on your bet, despite his real odds being $1.01?

Bookmakers advertise wrong odds by accident. This doesn't mean they advertise $1.45 instead of $1.50. It means advertising a fixed price that doesn't accurately reflect the market, such as a football team paying $2 to win, holding a 3-0 lead, with two minutes to go.

If you were in his position would you second guess yourself out of a winning wager? would anyone for that matter?when is a bet a bet,and why is it treated differently to other " contracts" like stock futures

Whenever I see incorrect odds I always take the bet. 99% of the time I'm refunded.

In this case, it's such an obvious technical mishap, and the bet was placed so late, it's almost laughable the punter believes he should be paid out.

If a horse racing market stays open after the race and then you bet on the winner, do you really believe you should be paid out?

I remember (before the new system) betting on a rugby match for example Canterbury vs Westport and the odds were obviously inverted

with Westport the red hot favs. I tried a small bet on Canty to see  if it was accepted and it was so then put all I had in my account on Canty

about 30 minutes later the TAB realized their mistake and corrected it. As it happened Canty lost and I never received my bets back.

I wonder what would have happened had Canty won?

1 hour ago, Spikecity said:

I remember (before the new system) betting on a rugby match for example Canterbury vs Westport and the odds were obviously inverted

with Westport the red hot favs. I tried a small bet on Canty to see  if it was accepted and it was so then put all I had in my account on Canty

about 30 minutes later the TAB realized their mistake and corrected it. As it happened Canty lost and I never received my bets back.

I wonder what would have happened had Canty won?

Westport beat Canterbury? Was it Canterbury under 13yos playing the main Westport team 🤔

2 hours ago, Nukkledragga said:

If you were in his position would you second guess yourself out of a winning wager? would anyone for that matter?when is a bet a bet,and why is it treated differently to other " contracts" like stock futures

I will answer my own question,a bet is a bet after 60 seconds have passed,that is the rule imposed on us punters,a fair and reasonable amount of time according to those in power,but not when it applies to them losing apparently.

In commercial law, retailers are not obliged to complete a transaction for an incorrect price. Thus, 'customers' can't alter price tickets then claim that the item has to be sold at that price. However, this is a technical point in contract law; offered - accepted, but betting agencies put that disclaimer in their Terms & Conditions, as stated above. Likewise, if a bank puts money in your account by mistake, the onus is on the recipient to prove that they could reasonably assume that they were entitled to the money.

Could a court case succeed? Don't know but abusing T.A.B. staff and systems won't resolve it.

You can insult me in every post - it does not bother me.

P.S - why would you ask for tips from an addicted budging niller? Isn't that even worse?

Eagerly awaiting your next foul mouthed-ridden post that makes no relevance to anything being discussed. But then again, keeping your gnome-like mouth shut isn't your specialty.

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

Look at the PGA golf now ....the TAB is still offering bets that cannot win.....is that cheating given that it’s the inverse of the case we’re discussing 

7DA81C78-7D21-4C74-A5C5-005ED51F5140.png

This is a good point.  Happens to with future runniers in races.  Left in market when connections have said they are not running.

We know why you target and slander people. It's a common trait of someone who hates who they see in the mirror, and fuck, if I looked like you, I would too!

"Look at me, look at me," Leo shouts. "I have information that I'm not supposed to share, but I want to be the center of attention."

Leo proceeds to tell an audience on Race Cafe, of all places, about a suspected murderers name.

"Oh no," Leo said to himself. "I've been outed as breaking suppression laws, how will I turn this around? I know, pretend I'm doing it for a greater cause, when in fact, I was releasing the information because I want to appear as an 'insider', someone with inside knowledge."

Leo trudges back to his home, void of family, void of happiness, gets on his computer.

"Where's Sunloonchild? I need to feel good about myself again."

5 hours ago, Phar Lap Fan said:

In commercial law, retailers are not obliged to complete a transaction for an incorrect price. Thus, 'customers' can't alter price tickets then claim that the item has to be sold at that price. However, this is a technical point in contract law; offered - accepted, but betting agencies put that disclaimer in their Terms & Conditions, as stated above. Likewise, if a bank puts money in your account by mistake, the onus is on the recipient to prove that they could reasonably assume that they were entitled to the money.

Could a court case succeed? Don't know but abusing T.A.B. staff and systems won't resolve it.

Maybe not, but I had the situation where a large well-known electrical retailer in store advertised a Samsung 78" curved screen TV at the wrong price a few years back. Was having a coffee and happened to notice it at the store entrance, so walked up to have a closer look to see if it really was the 78" and that I was reading the price right from a distance. Went back to my table and when to their website to see how much they were selling it for their. They had a RRP with $2k off, but the one in then store was $5k less than that. I finished my coffee and wandered in to look at TV's. The eager store assistant rushed up great me, showed me a couple of other TV's before asking me which one I was most interested in. "The one by the door that attracted me into the store" I said. We wandered up to have a look, and while on the way he offered me all sorts of bits and pieces thrown on for free for a cash deal. On arrival he immediately looked horrified, and quickly shuffled off to see the manager. Long story short, they withdrew the offer of free bits and pieces, but accepted the deal at the displayed price which really shocked me. I was kinda looking for a new TV, but hadn't intended going that big, but at the price!!! Was cheaper than the smaller versions of the same model TV!! By the time I'd completed the paperwork and paid for it, the price on the TV in the doorway had increased by $5k, but the store had begrudgingly accepted their error and decided the bad publicity (if there was any) of trying to wriggle out of the obviously wrong advertised price was not worth it. It was, after all, THEIR mistake.....the TAB should do the same. 

12 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Look at the PGA golf now ....the TAB is still offering bets that cannot win.....is that cheating given that it’s the inverse of the case we’re discussing 

7DA81C78-7D21-4C74-A5C5-005ED51F5140.png

What hole was Mickelson when you posted this?