RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
shaneMcAlister

The great $50M system with annual $17M maintenance

17 minutes ago, NextPlease said:

Did the article state at what time the bet was placed?

If he's taken even one of these bets nearing fulltime or once the match had been completed, he doesn't deserve the money.

If it was one leg that was not right they could pay out other 7 legs, or offer the wrong leg at the correct price. 

My friend backed the all blacks to beat Argentina to nil at 80/1 with bet 365 it should have been 18/1. The bet came in, and they contacted him and paid him the 18/1. Not a refund of bet stake. 

It's amazing how you can go through the picks in such a short time and then nothing changed while taking the bet.

It's amazing how many take a straight multi yet you can take a any 5 any 6  option or whatever so that if one misses you still get a return.

I wonder if we all contacted the tab when we lose a bet if we can contact the tab stating a fault in our smartphone meant I placed the wrong bet,could I have a refund.

How many times do we see goals on 90 min or in extra time in football..plenty.. if the issue was related to timing of the investment surely they could adjust the winning payout  to reflect the risk taken at the time if odds for that bet type still existed at that juncture of the game...

If he had of got the money out of his account he would of been laughing i assume????  it does look like he was exploiting the mistake without knowing the finer details and got slightly greedy in doing so 😆 most would of just settled for a few thousand max so not to attract unwanted attention 🙄  

1 hour ago, NextPlease said:

Did the article state at what time the bet was placed?

If he's taken even one of these bets nearing fulltime or once the match had been completed, he doesn't deserve the money.

It looks by the screen shot he placed the bet at 3:48am. All games commenced at 2am so he was betting live. The odds he's taken are those priced before the event. The TAB state it was a technical issue (the odds not updating during the event ) so refunded all bets  But in my opinion, its human error rather that a technical issue. Someone has to input data when the score changes so the system can update the odds. If that person has failed/fallen asleep when the games on then that's not technical problem.

2 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Your usual shit meaningless contribution ( read the article loser, he laid the bets whilst the games were in progress, albeit late in each game ) 

If they’re offering “bets in play” or “ bets in the running “, and they fuck up ......they should pay 

I read the article.

Someone has kindly provided the time he placed the bet. 3:48am... that's 108 minutes after the pre-live betting market closed.

When a team is 4-0 up with 2 or so minutes remaining, do you really think you'll still get odds of $11 and expect to be paid out?

Are you really under a belief that if the All Blacks are leading 70-0 against Australia with 2 minutes to go and the odds incorrectly display $2, the TAB should pay?

This has happened countless times - and the result is never in favour of the punter. This guy doesn't deserve the money, he placed the bet when the result was all but guaranteed.

Ignoring your personal attacks.

It is commonplace with bookmakers to have rules stating that if incorrect odds are displayed, the bet is void.

This applies to not only incorrect odds, but incorrect markets and late closing times.

Big betting firms would take bookmakers for millions if these rules didn't apply. It's unfortunate for the punter and I'm sure we've all had it happen multiple times.

This punter placed a bet knowing full well those markets were incorrect. He has zero chance of winning his case and it has very little to do with the TAB. It's a global bookmaking rule.

From the UK gambling commission... Given you have no 'free' time and on a $200 weekly limit, it doesn't surprise me how little you know about the bookmaking practice.

The 'error' in this example is leaving pre-live betting markets open. An obvious mistake to most punters, including the guy who tried to cash in.

Bookmakers will typically have a term and condition that allows them to rectify what they perceive to be any obvious errors.

Exact terms and conditions will vary from business to business including voiding bets, resettling bets at the correct odds or resettling bets at the best price available in the general market.

1 hour ago, NextPlease said:

Ignoring your personal attacks.

It is commonplace with bookmakers to have rules stating that if incorrect odds are displayed, the bet is void.

This applies to not only incorrect odds, but incorrect markets and late closing times.

Big betting firms would take bookmakers for millions if these rules didn't apply. It's unfortunate for the punter and I'm sure we've all had it happen multiple times.

This punter placed a bet knowing full well those markets were incorrect. He has zero chance of winning his case and it has very little to do with the TAB. It's a global bookmaking rule.

Bookies have not claimed any of the above,they cite a technical hitch without any proof ,and just like the punter said, he is somehow responsible for the bookies mistake after they have accepted his bet,after they have accepted his money.

5 hours ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

Little off the topic, but does everyone else get the odds move basically every time they bet from the time they click the price to the next screen. It drives me nuts 

Yeah you want on at $18 they drop to $15 and when you go back its $18 again 😆

A stretch to believe this was a tech glitch. If the games started at 2am they had over an hour and a half to suspend betting. Moreover, if they (humans / systems or both) can’t respond to the market movement in the bet type (in-play) they shouldn’t offer the option.
“You know the odds - now beat them” yeah nah.

19 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Yeah you want on at $18 they drop to $15 and when you go back its $18 again 😆

Makes you wonder how much of the odds management is manual or system generated. Yes lots of delayed changes close to market close.

The other thing that’s not yet sorted is the Top 2/3/4 market. For some reason the div to run 2nd is less than to run 3rd.

ie $6 2nd ,$8 3rd, $5 4th

If you don't think it's a tech glitch, how would YOU explain it?

The odds weren't based on real time events. The non-live odds were retained and the live betting system wasn't updated.

What more of a glitch would you need? Did the punter really think he could get $11 for a game that was 4-0 with a couple of min remaining? Had he experienced this in the past, he would have known his bet wouldn't be honoured.  As it wouldn't be at every bookmaker around the world.

It's different to the BetFred case which resulted in the punter keeping his 1.7million.