DONT FORGET SUPERSTARS OF THE SPRING ENTRIES THIS COMING COX PLATE WEEKEND !!!!!

Recommended Posts

I was at Awapuni racecourse this morning and thank Christ I didn’t have my tamariki with me!

 

I overheard an elderly man (who was wearing a tab trackside t shirt and who I have seen on cameras before), say something to his friend or coworker about the whanau ora plan and how “are we the right colour for free healthcare?”  The younger man who was with him appeared disgusted at the older mans comment and suffice it to say I am absolutely horrified and disgusted. It was pink shirt day yesterday and not only that, racism is something that has no place in Aotearoa let alone somewhere where I often take my whanau as a fun day out. 
 

I have made a complaint and the woman I spoke to was disgusted in this mans comments. 
 

whanau, if you are around awapuni racecourse and see a man wearing very short shorts with a cap and glasses, a tab or trackside tshirt and who has a moustache, that’s him.
 

im disgusted.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Heninz said:

I was at Awapuni racecourse this morning and thank Christ I didn’t have my tamariki with me!

 

I overheard an elderly man (who was wearing a tab trackside t shirt and who I have seen on cameras before), say something to his friend or coworker about the whanau ora plan and how “are we the right colour for free healthcare?”  The younger man who was with him appeared disgusted at the older mans comment and suffice it to say I am absolutely horrified and disgusted. It was pink shirt day yesterday and not only that, racism is something that has no place in Aotearoa let alone somewhere where I often take my whanau as a fun day out. 
 

I have made a complaint and the woman I spoke to was disgusted in this mans comments. 
 

whanau, if you are around awapuni racecourse and see a man wearing very short shorts with a cap and glasses, a tab or trackside tshirt and who has a moustache, that’s him.
 

im disgusted.  

 

 

A bit hard to follow your "grievance" logic here but I'm guessing you identify as Maori and are having trouble with the racist policy of dispensing healthcare on the basis of skin colour, rather than need, being something you would no doubt eschew in the interests of human equality???

"Short shorts and a cap"? Maybe Andy Capp! ( he was known to favour the punt) 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heinz.. agree with you, can't believe this sort of thing still happens these days, and I think this is the place to discuss if happening on our racecourses. After all another topic about outing someones name regarding a crime was a huge thread on here which had nothing at all to do with racing. And I don't think your point that you raise is funny as someone is implying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, We're Doomed said:
On 5/22/2021 at 12:30 PM, Heninz said:

I was at Awapuni racecourse this morning and thank Christ I didn’t have my tamariki with me!

 

I overheard an elderly man (who was wearing a tab trackside t shirt and who I have seen on cameras before), say something to his friend or coworker about the whanau ora plan and how “are we the right colour for free healthcare?”  The younger man who was with him appeared disgusted at the older mans comment and suffice it to say I am absolutely horrified and disgusted. It was pink shirt day yesterday and not only that, racism is something that has no place in Aotearoa let alone somewhere where I often take my whanau as a fun day out. 
 

I have made a complaint and the woman I spoke to was disgusted in this mans comments. 
 

whanau, if you are around awapuni racecourse and see a man wearing very short shorts with a cap and glasses, a tab or trackside tshirt and who has a moustache, that’s him.
 

im disgusted.  

He Doesn’t sound like a Racist at face Value Heni , I’m sure most people would jump at any opportunity for a freebie? Why Mention Trackside ? Do you want him fired? Maybe you should of just approached the man instead of assuming he was ‘Racist’ and questioned him instead of creating more Divisiveness by posting on Social media? How many others have you told and how do they now feel about Trackside, and of elderly men of the wrong colour wearing Short shorts?  You should of  just walked away and enjoyed your Day at the Races instead of spending most of your day dwelling on it which inevitably  gets in the way of picking winners 😆 Just relax,life’s to short for negative assumptions 😀  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sorry if this isn’t the right place I’m just really upset as racing is something myself and my whanau really enjoy and it disturbed me massively that my kids could have overheard this comment. 
 

the reason I mention tab or trackside is because (I think) the man that said it is employed to work there and it upsets me that not only is he saying inaccurate, hurtful information but that he is being unprofessional. 
 

i am sorry for bringing this here I just didn’t know what to do. The races are something my kids and family enjoy and it was out of desperation I reachEd out here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Heninz said:

I’m sorry if this isn’t the right place I’m just really upset as racing is something myself and my whanau really enjoy and it disturbed me massively that my kids could have overheard this comment. 
 

the reason I mention tab or trackside is because (I think) the man that said it is employed to work there and it upsets me that not only is he saying inaccurate, hurtful information but that he is being unprofessional. 
 

i am sorry for bringing this here I just didn’t know what to do. The races are something my kids and family enjoy and it was out of desperation I reachEd out here. 

I'm sorry you are upset that some white fulla may have questioned why a planned health service is only going to be available to brown fullas --how about explaining that manifestation of racism to your tamariki!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heninz, you have chosen to bring this topic onto this forum for god only knows what reason, so here is one man's opinion with a couple of ideas for you to consider.

Firstly, if you are taking offense at overhearing a private conversation between two people you don't even know, who just happen to disagree with your political or philosophical views, that is entirely your problem not theirs.

Secondly Whanau Ora seems to be an idea/policy being pushed/supported by the current government which is seen by many as favouring one sector of society over others, so you are going to get some push back from many typical kiwis, as it is a change from the status quo that not all favour.

You have no divine right to being deemed to own the correct opinion on all matters. It doesn't matter how many people in your orbit may have been "disgusted" (your words), those guys still have a right to hold a private conversation and frankly I find your view and reaction arrogant, and wonder why you have signed to this forum to bring up this crap. This is not racing related in any way.

Just saying - (sorry Leigh).🤣

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry I see it as faux outrage,  they are just two people expressing their thoughts as entitled in private conversation.  So I'm at the beach with Maori mate of mine , another Maori lady he knew came along and started talking to him about " those stupid bloody Pakeha's "  like I wasn't even there.     I would never think to describe her on social  media  as the chubby  Maori lady with little stubby  legs who obviously worked at local Mc Donalds .     She was expressing something in private conversation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2021 at 12:30 PM, Heninz said:

I was at Awapuni racecourse this morning and thank Christ I didn’t have my tamariki with me!

 

I overheard an elderly man (who was wearing a tab trackside t shirt and who I have seen on cameras before), say something to his friend or coworker about the whanau ora plan and how “are we the right colour for free healthcare?”  The younger man who was with him appeared disgusted at the older mans comment and suffice it to say I am absolutely horrified and disgusted. It was pink shirt day yesterday and not only that, racism is something that has no place in Aotearoa let alone somewhere where I often take my whanau as a fun day out. 
 

I have made a complaint and the woman I spoke to was disgusted in this mans comments. 
 

whanau, if you are around awapuni racecourse and see a man wearing very short shorts with a cap and glasses, a tab or trackside tshirt and who has a moustache, that’s him.
 

im disgusted.  

Funny how you call him racist because he’s discussing his views about the hidden agenda. I’d call the plan racist and it’s dividing the country . Everyone’s entitled to an opinion unless this is a communist country .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well racism is part of every day NZ and the racing industry its rife. The RIU investigate Maori owners who owe money to European people for services rendered, but when a European person owes 28k to a Maori for breaking in pre training and grazing its a civil matter

The RIU officer make racial comments its ok The shit starts from the top, when the guys setting the standards show racial bias how can you expect others to follow suite. This is a forum and all you people who turn a blind eye or do not want to address the facts are as bad as the parties doing it. Your as bad as that racist prick Grimstone at the RIU. His opening line in a conference where he was speaking. How can we trust Asians We cant trust any man you can blindfold with a shoe string. This guy is making these comments and as an upstanding member of law enforcement put  a man behind bars for life by using dubious methods. If you cut off the head of the snake that's a start

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

racism happens everywhere to all colours. Its because we only get showed one colour getting discriminated against in the news how about the white farmers in south africa look what happens to them. Yes this chap went about it the wrong way if someone recorded him and put the video on facebook he would be toast. but the health service should be available to all people you could say only offering it to one race is racist aswell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you still contributing to this thread Heninz?

Genuine question--What is Ardern doing trying to hongi with Morrison? Surely a blatant example of racial/cultural appropriation as neither of them identify as Maori. No outrage from the Left/Dark side. Similarly no outrage about white fullas and chicks participating in that out-dated war dance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

Are you still contributing to this thread Heninz?

Genuine question--What is Ardern doing trying to hongi with Morrison? Surely a blatant example of racial/cultural appropriation as neither of them identify as Maori. No outrage from the Left/Dark side. Similarly no outrage about white fullas and chicks participating in that out-dated war dance.

Not to mention the lack of social distancing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a 67 year old white man. I have bred, bought and raced thoroughbred horses since I was 21 years old. I have never paid for one scrap of health care that has been provided for me apart from the doctor fees and a small fee for prescriptions. Not sure what all the crap on here is about another sector of NZ getting more than I get. I am happy for this discussion to be on this forum. We need many participants to carry this industry forward. At the moment we are losing a lot of them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.