RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tasman man

Great Vibe at Cambridge's Opening day on Synthetic track !

On 5/24/2021 at 3:43 PM, Huey said:

Thats odd I've only heard push back from the usual crowd in racing, most participants seem to like it.

The actual starters fee itself is one of the better ideas in racing. Complaining about a whole $400-800 in prizemoney (before deductions & yes I realise about Saturday racing figs) leaves me with little wonder why racing is in the state it is in NZ.

Paying down to last is pretty much a copy  of our current governments Mantra 

2 hours ago, puha said:

Paying down to last is pretty much a copy  of our current governments Mantra 

Rubbish!

Its an acknowledgement of the poor owner who pays $500 float fees once twice or a more a month, $200 to the farrier etc etc etc. But you'd have that poor owner fork out another $200 for the ride you couldn't even give them that and I'm guessing in your world everyone should be paying for noms and acceptances as well just to put the show on.

The fact is you refuse to acknowledge the real issue in NZracing which is prizemoney levels all together, whether you add in your $200 starters fee to the top 5 in prizemoney or if the winner alone was racing for the entire $10k the prizemoney levels are still far from adequate but you choose to focus on a measly amount of prizemoney being paid to participants instead. 

I notice at Caulfield this Saturday they pay down to 10th are you telling me they have got that wrong and it should be all propping up the top 5? No you won't because their prizemoney levels are more than adequate thats why you wouldn't question that. 

The function of the starters payment is indeed a very good thing, perhaps the distribution and the process around it needs to be looked at (especially on feature days) .