DONT FORGET SUPERSTARS OF THE SPRING ENTRIES THIS COMING COX PLATE WEEKEND !!!!!
mr_gee

horse test postive to meth in nz

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, poundforpound said:

That’s their modus operandi isn’t it ? they thrive on creating toxic news so they can pretend they’re doing their jobs ( when they’re not ) 

Look at their behaviour and unhealthy relationship with the media throughout Inca......even Judge Neave took them to task over those abuses and leaks 

Who is the leak and why isnt NZTR or someone trying to find out who is out ruin racings reputation?

Someone has got a relationship with martin van beynen who clearly isnt a fan of racing

On the meth...I dont have a answer but it seems unlikely someone snuck into the shitty awapuni boxes during the night to smoke p??

People that do that will do it at home or at a friends not sneak around at night in unused horse boxes.

more than likely a staff member,I read where they all tested clean bu isnt that only in your system a matter of days so makes

the test a waste of time?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been corrected that it was not the RIU that choose to release this information yesterday but a reporter got hold of it.  I was just dissapointed how on a good news day for the industry bad news seems to find its way to front of the press.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, winx21 said:

Who is the leak and why isnt NZTR or someone trying to find out who is out ruin racings reputation?

Someone has got a relationship with martin van beynen who clearly isnt a fan of racing

On the meth...I dont have a answer but it seems unlikely someone snuck into the shitty awapuni boxes during the night to smoke p??

People that do that will do it at home or at a friends not sneak around at night in unused horse boxes.

more than likely a staff member,I read where they all tested clean bu isnt that only in your system a matter of days so makes

the test a waste of time?

 

As one of the staff members I find your comment completely distasteful and uninformed. None of us do drugs and I don't think anyone snuck into a stable to have a bit of meth in the middle of the night. It's much more likely that someone who works at Awapuni has been urinating in stables and contamination has come that way. Or sneaking off to stables to have a pipe during work.

All track riders and stable staff should be tested randomly all over NZ.  But, as we all know  the industry doesn't have the resources or money to do this and neither do the trainers.  Sad really because this is going to keep occuring and disgracing good people and their staff who work hard everyday and to the best of their knowledge present their horses drug free.  

Furthermore,  many tracks in NZ do not have enough tie up stall to accommodate all the runners, therefore there is no option other than a stable (which are generally dirty, dusty and delapidated) to put your horse.

I worked in Melbourne for a decade and random drug testing was conducted at track work regularly. As were pre race bloods and urine.on raceway for horses.

There were enough tie ups at every course and security present. 

Without implementing some of these practices other hard working trainers and staff are going to be dragged over the coals. It's bloody hard doing this job but to be labeled that we are on drugs is just a kick in the guts.

Unfortunately you won't be the only one making these assumptions, and when we attend  the races we will all have the cloud of doubt and suspicion over our heads.  

Nothing quiet like being a suspected Meth head

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2021 at 9:57 PM, poundforpound said:

That’s their modus operandi isn’t it ? they thrive on creating toxic news so they can pretend they’re doing their jobs ( when they’re not )

Speaking of which in relation to this, what has happened about them increasing the meth limit to 50ngs to avoid these contamination cases?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BackPoonDrinkGoon said:

LOL! Thanks for the laugh. 

yeah  wouldn't more  test positive  if  it  was  from  staff of  the awapanui  course 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, poundforpound said:

According to the TA it ground to a halt because Godber opposed it, or put it in the too hard basket 

From NZTR. Tests are entirely qualitative and no attempt is made to accurately determine the concentration of amphetamine or methamphetamine in urine samples as there is no requirement under the rules to measure the level of any substance other than those with a threshold limit.

 

Sounds like it's a lot easier to test for quality not quantity 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2021 at 9:57 PM, poundforpound said:

That’s their modus operandi isn’t it ? they thrive on creating toxic news so they can pretend they’re doing their jobs ( when they’re not ) 

Look at their behaviour and unhealthy relationship with the media throughout Inca......even Judge Neave took them to task over those abuses and leaks 

Things might be about to change very shortly with the formation of new RIB. The drums are beating some very interesting appointments in the pipeline. Good bye Goober

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, MaggieS said:

It's much more likely that someone who works at Awapuni has been urinating in stables and contamination has come that way.

Very good

 

19 hours ago, MaggieS said:

All track riders and stable staff should be tested randomly all over NZ. 

Correct , but you might find staff shortages very quickly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MaggieS said:

As one of the staff members I find your comment completely distasteful and uninformed. None of us do drugs and I don't think anyone snuck into a stable to have a bit of meth in the middle of the night. It's much more likely that someone who works at Awapuni has been urinating in stables and contamination has come that way. Or sneaking off to stables to have a pipe during work.

All track riders and stable staff should be tested randomly all over NZ.  But, as we all know  the industry doesn't have the resources or money to do this and neither do the trainers.  Sad really because this is going to keep occuring and disgracing good people and their staff who work hard everyday and to the best of their knowledge present their horses drug free.  

Furthermore,  many tracks in NZ do not have enough tie up stall to accommodate all the runners, therefore there is no option other than a stable (which are generally dirty, dusty and delapidated) to put your horse.

I worked in Melbourne for a decade and random drug testing was conducted at track work regularly. As were pre race bloods and urine.on raceway for horses.

There were enough tie ups at every course and security present. 

Without implementing some of these practices other hard working trainers and staff are going to be dragged over the coals. It's bloody hard doing this job but to be labeled that we are on drugs is just a kick in the guts.

Unfortunately you won't be the only one making these assumptions, and when we attend  the races we will all have the cloud of doubt and suspicion over our heads.  

Nothing quiet like being a suspected Meth head

I agree with you on drug testing and not enough tie ups.

However I struggle to believe that 2 boxes were urinated in by the same person who was smoking p on course....

There is a toilet block very close by these boxes even it was a staff member who had been sneaking off for a wee...

I dont what the answer is and not blaming Allan's staff either so sorry didnt mean to offend you

cant allan just say he put the horses out in the paddock with some cattle the night before the race?

that defense works for some!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they are also investigating the betting activity around the 2 horses. Surely if this was intentionally done by an outsider taking advantage of no security that would be the motive, placing a bet on a "sure thing". They wouldn't care if the horse tested positive later since the bet would have already paid out. A possibility to rule in or out? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did I read this correctly that they aren't even testing the concentration so they cant tell if some one did actually give a horse or dog p intentially

or just some staff member or contaminated box and the sensitive test picked it up?

I don't believe anyone would give a horse/dog p its not going to make it run faster its not a performance enhancer.

So a lot of innocent trainers are getting tarred with being a cheat when it really is something they no control over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, winx21 said:

Did I read this correctly that they aren't even testing the concentration so they cant tell if some one did actually give a horse or dog p intentially

or just some staff member or contaminated box and the sensitive test picked it up?

I don't believe anyone would give a horse/dog p its not going to make it run faster its not a performance enhancer.

So a lot of innocent trainers are getting tarred with being a cheat when it really is something they no control over

Not a performance enhancer? That’s a rather stupid statement. What are you basing that off?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dissident said:

I hope they are also investigating the betting activity around the 2 horses. Surely if this was intentionally done by an outsider taking advantage of no security that would be the motive, placing a bet on a "sure thing". They wouldn't care if the horse tested positive later since the bet would have already paid out. A possibility to rule in or out? 

They did and nothing untoward found- rule out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2021 at 3:17 PM, JJ Flash said:

 

 

On 5/20/2021 at 11:26 PM, BackPoonDrinkGoon said:

LOL! Thanks for the laugh. 

 

On 5/21/2021 at 7:42 AM, mr_gee said:

yeah  wouldn't more  test positive  if  it  was  from  staff of  the awapanui  course 

Check the media later today. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nztr could make sure no damaging headlines like this get in mainstream media by making  changes at stabling.

surely awapuni has enough stalls that dirty old boxes wouldn't have to be used race day?

Can anyone tell me if allan sharrocks horses come down the night before or on the day?

Australia seem to have enough day stalls for meetings surely all nz courses could be made to have enough adequate stalls 

for race day and have boxes cleaned out for any horses that plan on staying the night before a racemeeting.

anyone know the cost to build say 50 stalls? there would be some tracks that would need that amount of stalls id day.

Unless something changes allan wont be the only one to have his name unfairly tarnished with p

its all through society,look at the recent case of the mystery death in Auckland, they found p in that 65 yo eye surgeons house!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 Years ago, early 80's  I think,   they wanted to take a sample from horse at Ellerslie but couldn't find vessel they needed , so attendant said to hell with it, just use my old hat. The horse returned a positive through brylcream that had come off his head and into  in the hat, so anything is possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, LongOwner said:

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/racing/300319299/trainer-exonerated-of-any-blame-after-horses-tested-positive-for-meth

But someone leaks the charges to The Press who hate racing

There is a snitch close to the industry 

Given their are no charges how can you  say a leak LO. Red rightfully comes out clean but the winning owner's horses are disqualified.

The Press journo's only told the story as it unfolded. Its their job and only supposition on your part that as you put it " they hate racing" .As i see it the racing industry in all codes just keep throwing them ammo. I might add its been out for ages about this case and the subsequent RIU{ your best mates} investigations. 

Lets hope that they find and remove the person or persons who infected the stable in the first place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allan Sharrock exonerated for methamphetamine positives to two of his horses. The

says the cause of the positives was contamination of the "raceday accommodation the horses occupied on the day". An investigation into the cause of this contamination is ongoing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.