RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

Auckland Noms for Thursday.

2 hours ago, eljay said:

Just 2 words - piss poor.

Only 8 for example in the maiden trot - stake $12,000.       Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!     

At least they not competing with Cambridge this week.

Just to add, hrnz website now have turnover results.

11 minutes ago, mikenz said:

Just to add, hrnz website now have turnover results.

Completely useless unless you know GBM's of the relevant revenue streams. No doubt they would argue commercial sensitivity  if asked for the number that matters most

16 hours ago, eljay said:

But you have to agree something better than nothing - which is what we have had to put up with up to now.

Sorry i dont agree lloyd. If you want the game to grow and HRNZ to have more cred then they need to stop trying to hoodwink its followers. Your "something is better than nothing" is a classic example of what I'm referring to.

For the record , i'm not sure sure about GW's credentials as a CEO. Yes he was let go in the NZTAB restructure but he was there in the bad days when they wasted 50 mio on new platform and lost the family silver  with other poor choices.

Also, GW is HRNZ's rep on new Racing NZ board who decide which codes gets what from NZTAB distribution. Is he a skilled negotiator who understands all the machinations of wagering?? Only time will tell but ??

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

Sorry i dont agree lloyd. If you want the game to grow and HRNZ to have more cred then they need to stop trying to hoodwink its followers. Your "something is better than nothing" is a classic example of what I'm referring to.

I wasn't referring to your comment JJ - the quote shows.

All I was saying was surely it better to get some info from them rather than none.    I didn't offer any other comment.

14 minutes ago, eljay said:

Yes mikenz

They are a guide,at least it indicates who's paying attention to each race day, and the tote v fixed odds comparison one thing I've noticed is not one Raceday gets anywhere near Westport on Boxing Day.

4 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

So what use are they to you and say Mike nz?/ 

Statistically no use.      But I do like HO to give us info not hide it behind locked doors.     We can then note it or ignore it as we see fit.    And you can too!

Yet no one will challenge HRNZ to tell all., especially the numbers that are relevant. Or for that matter comparisons with other codes and their GBM's

For example i see that on a particular Saturday last month  NZTAB spend on Wairio meeting was 550k yet spend on Randwick meet was 2.6 mio. This does not include export revenue but from memory that Ozzie meeting was supported with 3 kiwi horse who all got beat .I'm picking , but have no firm evidence that  the TB GBM would have been massive that day. End result is they will get a great % of TAB distributions.