RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

Ribchester

I think we might have to look at this stallion through different lenses. He's by Iffraaj and that is something that many have discounted but you can't anymore. His son Wootten Bassett is smoking hot as a sire, sold to Coolmore for 60m,  and a stallion is producing sprinters and champion middle distance horses. Wootten Bassett himself was unbeaten at 2.

Iffraaj, second up, ran 2nd in the Gimcrack at York. This is stallion shaping race...a 2 yo race in June over 1200 on a big galloping track. It used to be the defining  race for how versatile a race horse was. The likes of Petingo, Mill Reef, Royal Applause, Rock of Gibraltar, Showcasing, and more recently champion sprinter Blue Point have all won this race. So a glimpse of things to come, when Richester ran second, was followed up by a smashing win in the Mill Reef (Gp2) and his very next start.

Set aside for the winter, 2nd up as a three year old, he ran 3rd in the 2000 Guineas, then won the Jersey (a slick 1400m Gp3 at Ascot) and 2 starts later beat Vadamos in the Jacques d' Marois (Gp1) over 1600m. Third in that race was Ervedya, one of the seriously smart 3yo fillies who won the French 1000 Guineas, the Coronation in the UK and the Moulin...serious stuff.

For Ribchester to have gone on to win the Lockhinge, the Queen Anne and the Moulin is cracking form. 

Reports back to me are brewing a profile of something really good is about to happen. One of his daughters has already won her first start. Others in the wings are talked about with some enthusiasm. 

As I said, might be time to change the lenses

Not disagreeing with you Berri, but why did he move from Australia after one (or was it two) season.

Having said that, I think Haunui Stud has one of the better records, for NZ studs, when it comes to choosing stallions to stand. For their sake and the NZ industry's sake I hope your analysis turns out to be spot on.

6 hours ago, Breeder said:

Not disagreeing with you Berri, but why did he move from Australia after one (or was it two) season.

I have a mare in foal to Ribchester and was told I was mad for the reason that Aussie basically shunned him and the Iffraaj factor (being unfashionable etc) 

Obviously a lot has changed in regards to the Wootton Bassett sale and the popularity of his son Almanzours first yearling crop at the sale's. 

Let's hope the whispers Berri has heard come to fruition 🏇

On 5/6/2021 at 8:13 AM, Berri said:

I think we might have to look at this stallion through different lenses. He's by Iffraaj and that is something that many have discounted but you can't anymore. His son Wootten Bassett is smoking hot as a sire, sold to Coolmore for 60m,  and a stallion is producing sprinters and champion middle distance horses. Wootten Bassett himself was unbeaten at 2.

Iffraaj, second up, ran 2nd in the Gimcrack at York. This is stallion shaping race...a 2 yo race in June over 1200 on a big galloping track. It used to be the defining  race for how versatile a race horse was. The likes of Petingo, Mill Reef, Royal Applause, Rock of Gibraltar, Showcasing, and more recently champion sprinter Blue Point have all won this race. So a glimpse of things to come, when Richester ran second, was followed up by a smashing win in the Mill Reef (Gp2) and his very next start.

Set aside for the winter, 2nd up as a three year old, he ran 3rd in the 2000 Guineas, then won the Jersey (a slick 1400m Gp3 at Ascot) and 2 starts later beat Vadamos in the Jacques d' Marois (Gp1) over 1600m. Third in that race was Ervedya, one of the seriously smart 3yo fillies who won the French 1000 Guineas, the Coronation in the UK and the Moulin...serious stuff.

For Ribchester to have gone on to win the Lockhinge, the Queen Anne and the Moulin is cracking form. 

Reports back to me are brewing a profile of something really good is about to happen. One of his daughters has already won her first start. Others in the wings are talked about with some enthusiasm. 

As I said, might be time to change the lenses

I made a mistake. Where I said Iffraaj ran 2nd in the Gimcrack that was meant to be Ribchester. A typo

2 hours ago, Berri said:

So one of the ones in stables waiting was Gisburn (love the name). Raced at Newbury (good track) over night....went to the front and won by 6....impressive

Thanks for the updates on the Ribchester stock Berri..... Keep them coming 👍🏇

10 hours ago, Kingshill said:

Thanks for the updates on the Ribchester stock Berri..... Keep them coming 👍🏇

Have a you tube of Ruthin at Keeneland for Wesley Ward . That horse shifts a bit .Royal Ascot no doubt in the plans out of the Ward barn .

Pat Cooney I love watching American racing and can say with certainty that Wesley Ward has several juvenile aeroplanes this season, particularly Ruthin, who may well be his Queen Mary filly. She’s by Ribchester, a sire to watch, and was an impressive winner last time out.

Berrie , How do you rate WINDSOR PARK'S  TURN ME LOOSE ( by Iffraaj).

His First crop will be 3 year olds on August 01   2021.

He has 108 foals from his initial season. 

Just 12 or so runners as two year olds in NZ /Aussie/ Korea/ 

Is TML  another Ribchester  in your opinion ?

I backed one of his at Ripon on Saturday, a colt called EXMINSTER who had won on debut at Redcar over 1400m.

This was a novice over 1600m and he was giving weight to all the others.

It didn't go well but he didn't run badly. It didn't help the jockey dropped his whip approaching the final 200m and he lost second close home. He was giving the winner 4 lbs and was beaten two lengths.

The dam ran once in France in 2013 and this is her third foal. She was by the American sire Empire Maker who won the 2003 Belmont so you'd think stamina would be the forte for EXMINSTER.

He could be a nice staying type next year.

On 9/1/2021 at 11:37 AM, Kingshill said:

First World problems ha? 🙂

To be fair, Ribchester results have been good enough to commit kingshill - you called it right earlier last year. 

On 8/16/2021 at 7:14 PM, stodge said:

I backed one of his at Ripon on Saturday, a colt called EXMINSTER who had won on debut at Redcar over 1400m.

This was a novice over 1600m and he was giving weight to all the others.

It didn't go well but he didn't run badly. It didn't help the jockey dropped his whip approaching the final 200m and he lost second close home. He was giving the winner 4 lbs and was beaten two lengths.

The dam ran once in France in 2013 and this is her third foal. She was by the American sire Empire Maker who won the 2003 Belmont so you'd think stamina would be the forte for EXMINSTER.

He could be a nice staying type next year.

Ran again at Haydock last Sunday in a 1400m nursery.

Again, not the most fortunate of runs - got behind having been bumped at the start but ran on very well for third. 

Really looks like a 1600m horse at the moment.

The best progeny of Ribchester up here is FLAMING RIB (by Suddenly ex Acclamation). He won a 1000m nursery at the big York August meeting for a rating of 101 but no entries currently. GISBURN hasn't run since the Coventry.

Ribchester sits eighth in the freshman sires list in Britain and Ireland currently.

http://www.stallionguide.com/leading-sires/

One to watch might be the filly BEAUTIFUL SURPRISE (Lovely Surprise ex Shamardal). She won on debut over 1400m at Epsom and was backed into favourite. She's in at Wolverhampton Monday evening (UK) over 1650m.

BEAUTIFUL SURPRISE was well held in third and didn't look to see out the trip to me.

The winner,  WITH THE MOONLIGHT (Frankel - Sand Vixen ex Dubawi) looks a nice type. She's a full sister to DREAM CASTLE, who has run very well in Group company in Meydan and is rated 116 currently.

The winner,  WITH THE MOONLIGHT (Frankel - Sand Vixen ex Dubawi) looks a nice type. She's a full sister to DREAM CASTLE, who has run very well in Group company in Meydan and is rated 116 currently.

Sand Vixen was Dubawi's first stakes winner from memory 🤔