RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tasman man

Vent your spleen on Harness Racing before July 1 or expect a visit !

Subject to feedback changes , from July 1 a Social Media policy / Code of Conduct is being introduced..

License holders have always had 'rules' to comply with but now Owners and Club members behaviour will obviously come under these rules and specific requirements.

Briefly all involved in Harness including owners and club members will be required to act honestly and fairly.

And not act in a way which brings Harness into disrepute !

On social media the requirement is to identify yourself.......and post informed and factual information.

And no abusing or threatening communication to Board members ,Riu , Judiciary , TAB and club officials.

Dunno how many more 'jobs' this will create but it could be interesting !

Offenders will face meetings and possible disciplinary action.

Maybe time to think about things overnight before hitting the send button !

5 minutes ago, tasman man said:

Subject to feedback changes , from July 1 a Social Media policy / Code of Conduct is being introduced..

License holders have always had 'rules' to comply with but now Owners and Club members behaviour will obviously come under these rules and specific requirements.

Briefly all involved in Harness including owners and club members will be required to act honestly and fairly.

And not act in a way which brings Harness into disrepute !

On social media the requirement is to identify yourself.......and post informed and factual information.

And no abusing or threatening communication to Board members ,Riu , Judiciary , TAB and club officials.

Dunno how many more 'jobs' this will create but it could be interesting !

Offenders will face meetings and possible disciplinary action.

Maybe time to think about things overnight before hitting the send button !

Minister of Racing having a dummy run in the dark halls of Harness before Central Government tries to enact free speech suppression in our wobbly "democracy"??😟

If they don't know who you are ; who are they going to question?

Some of us are open to identifying ourselves , others are not . It's a choice . It's a right we have. 

I like having an alias on this site but also happy for people to know who I am. I would think that if we put our real names in our profile page we could continue much as we always have without breaking the code of conduct. One of the reasons I've felt safe contributing to this site is that I've not seen the nastiness displayed on a couple of the Facebook blogs. 

42 minutes ago, Nelli said:

I like having an alias on this site but also happy for people to know who I am. I would think that if we put our real names in our profile page we could continue much as we always have without breaking the code of conduct. One of the reasons I've felt safe contributing to this site is that I've not seen the nastiness displayed on a couple of the Facebook blogs. 

We cant all be Joe Bloggs lol

The thing is, when a controlling body, be that a government or in this case HRNZ, are faced with dissent within the ranks they have two ways of dealing with it ...

1. Fix the issues that the ranks are concerning about, or
  2. Quell the ranks

HRNZ obviously realise that they have neither the desire nor the ability to fix the issues, so they've decided to go with Option #2!

You only have to look to Russia to see how Putin is currently dealing with his critics to see this "business model" in practice!

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

Any chance this is related to the catastrophic damage done by the unprecedented failure known as Inca.... and to protect this RIU staff and advisers who were at the heart of Inca ??

Definitely has been an influence.....a big influence......but also the many other issues which are being discussed on social media sites where frustrations boil over.

And even where posters are identified by name , license holders are speaking out more and more.

It's become a bad look........things like the rating/handicapping system , the programming ,the increasing costs are driving many to question their futures !

Plus there is the sorry saga of the Auckland TC and the decline of horses/opportunities in the North in particular.

Livelihoods are at stake and folk will lash out !

HRNZ has brought a lot of the current online media problems on itself with the failure to provide a managed open forum for participants to ask questions of 'officialdom' and discuss burning industry issues since the demise of the Harness Weekly. The old 'letters to the editor' and opinion/discussion articles by various people played an important role in enabling even small players such as myself feel they could have some influence. Now we don't and bringing in codes of conduct etc is likely to increase that feeling of disfranchisement.

7 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Any chance this is related to the catastrophic damage done by the unprecedented failure known as Inca.... and to protect this RIU staff and advisers who were at the heart of Inca ??

Every chance Poundy, every chance!

22 hours ago, 45yearsofharness said:

4.1.5.1identify themselves;

This site will have a decline in numbers then 😉

Not sure that will be the case. Other forums have developed their core base on  bagging all and sundry whether correct or not. Fortunately  this site sticks to the facts 99% of the time.

Some will relinquish membership and or ownership to avoid potential punishment Catching someone another mattet

I imagine it would be pretty hard to circumvent the various freedom of speech laws in NZ.

"Everyone has the right to freedom of expression, including the right to seek, receive, and impart information and opinions of any kind in any form".

And with the Racing Industry's record of poor management and ignoring the rights and interests of stakeholders, someone would be able to argue a pretty strong case for speaking out before a court. They would only have to point to the case of the ATC to show what can happen without any scrutiny of incompetent management.

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

You have to wonder whose idea this is . Obviously  got board approval  if its going out for feedback.

Another example of how incompetent  HRNZ really is.

Out of touch really.

The only thing worse than people wanting to comment on Harness Racing is nobody interested enough to say anything.