RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pogo(aus)

kentucky Derby

zelda loves this race and dresses up in her pink pants suit every year ( she's always late) to watch both the big days races at Churchill Downs on Pay TV

being a massive social watcher she has bet Boris she can spy The Shake, Shazma and Lateefa in the crowd, i call BS and bet her 10 mint Julpes to 1 they will all be a no show.

although boris did reckon he saw a bloke in a dressing gown that had a five oclock shadow and servo station sunnies watching malahaat win the oaks yesterday.

keep your eyes peeled sheep shearers 

zelda loves kentucky cos of its liquor laws.....wet ,dry and moist all at the same time ,gives her options !

an acquaintance went to kentucky derby because it was on his bucket list...........trouble was he never secured a ticket so they locked the gate at 150,000.

They don't get that at the bool.....and like Sydney [NSW] and other civilised racing paces ,no jumps at Churchill Downs !

anyway , he decides he will go to a bar and watch the KD ,seeing he had travelled from Melbourne to see the event , then he finds the bar doesn't sell booze !

turns out parts of the state are dry ,and even in the wet and moist precincts there are bars that choose to be dry.

1 hour ago, pogo(aus) said:

They don't get that at the bool.....and like Sydney [NSW] and other civilised racing paces ,no jumps at Churchill Downs !

funniest post ever

They may get funnier now that Manu Vatavei is back in the news and really showing he learned something from Rugby League !

So the Kentucky Derby took place, race winner "Medina spirit" was drug tested & the Trainer comes out denying any use of the in their training regime... yet acknowledges the substance which Medina Spirit tested postive for is widely used in the industry.

its just a interesting story unfolding i guess... nothing new but does highlight something.

anyway heres the article... and the clip

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/09/sports/horse-racing/bob-baffert-kentucky-derby-medina-spirit-drug-test.html

i think what we are seeing here... is plain and simply dishonesty!!

the question is... with who??

its a interesting scenario which tests our instincts, and our view of all things above us and below us,

There is only 2 parties in this scenario  Bob Baffert vs the Racing industry

14 minutes ago, 6xes said:

i think what we are seeing here... is plain and simply dishonesty!!

the question is... with who??

its a interesting scenario which tests our instincts, and our view of all things above us and below us,

There is only 2 parties in this scenario  Bob Baffert vs the Racing industry

I know who id back in this race and it's not BB , he does have a few previous , more than some,  less than others but enough 

25 minutes ago, NextPlease said:

Bob Baffert is a cheat.

There is no other way to describe him.

Bob Bafferts reputation is being put on the line....

a man who has had many a success with racing in the U.S

this particular race being of significant importance in that it will be his 7th Kentucky Derby success...

he has come out publically and defended himself.. is at a loss to how this could happen...

in a time where we have seen attacks of high profile people, by the very institutions they are a part of... sound familiar yet??

logic would present itself to be true in an honest world... where institution can be trusted etc etc

but i have seen so many things turned on its head... that reputation damage serves to be the bigger issue than the actual crime

heres a recent interview of Bob Baffert

9 minutes ago, 6xes said:

Bob Bafferts reputation is being put on the line....

a man who has had many a success with racing in the U.S

this particular race being of significant importance in that it will be his 7th Kentucky Derby success...

he has come out publically and defended himself.. is at a loss to how this could happen...

in a time where we have seen attacks of high profile people, by the very institutions they are a part of... sound familiar yet??

logic would present itself to be true in an honest world... where institution can be trusted etc etc

but i have seen so many things turned on its head... 

heres a recent interview of Bob Baffert

Gamine got done twice in two states last year out his yard , Justify ate some weed or something,  like an article said it's " the dog ate my homework " for entire term !!! , he's like Lance Armstrong , loads believed his crap , and as the great Yogi Berri said once  , it's deja vu all over again . 

He was walking around acting as if he'd never heard of the drug. But claimed to be an expert on it earlier.

He's a slimey as they come, and although you can't deny his successes, there is a mighty * next to his name.

Justify, Triple Crown winner, returned a positive. It was swept under the carpet because American racing is dead, so they needed a pick'me up.

The state of racing in the US couldn't get any lower. There is simply no interest and the 2021 Kentucky Derby was an absolutely shocking field.

failure to recognise the time and seasons we have entered into.... is like a man who decides to sow seeds for a winter based plant... at the end of winter!!!

timing is everything in life... it determines success and failures

to not recognise this simplistic view, in light of all the current things going on around us... begs the question, do we REALLY understand what is occurring around us!!

the same is occurring in this unfolding story re Bob Baffert.

innocent til proven guilty,  but the industry reveals half its hand,  withholding key cards.. making people ghasp and rushing to judgement!! sound familiar??

30 minutes ago, 6xes said:

failure to recognise the time and seasons we have entered into.... is like a man who decides to sow seeds for a winter based plant... at the end of winter!!!

timing is everything in life... it determines success and failures

to not recognise this simplistic view, in light of all the current things going on around us... begs the question, do we REALLY understand what is occurring around us!!

the same is occurring in this unfolding story re Bob Baffert.

innocent til proven guilty,  but the industry reveals half its hand,  withholding key cards.. making people ghasp and rushing to judgement!! sound familiar??

He hasn't been found guilty , horses return positives , it happens , but it happens more to him and it will play out .

And on another point  re US racing , Zendon , that was the Ben Johnson of horse each  when that yank won in Dubai in March . Went faster than his legs could take per bugger . I've always loved US racing , some great tracks but  I agree with Next Please it's on its way out quickly imho 

Between Nov 2011 and March 2013 7 horses trained by Baffert dropped dead , heart  giving  out  , internal bleeds . Seems a high number even for a trainer with his volumes . He learnt his trade in Quarter Horses , doping is part of the fabric of that sport .

35 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Between Nov 2011 and March 2013 7 horses trained by Baffert dropped dead , heart  giving  out  , internal bleeds . Seems a high number even for a trainer with his volumes . He learnt his trade in Quarter Horses , doping is part of the fabric of that sport .

im sure we can deduce alot of possible scenario's from races of the past!!! and integrity within the industry was high!!

but as i mentioned before, we are in a different season and clearly a different time..

i will acknowledge the Dubai race as one of interest!! For the simple fact the Medina Spirit meaning is tied with dubai in a weird sort of way...

i wont dwelve into it... but you recognising that particular incident in that part of the world begs the question of what sort of enquiry was carried out? investigation etc etc.

as it would seem you are attempting to imply that the horse died becos of some form of doping?? so what became of it?? was there an enquiry?? was there a drug test done?? alot of questions,,, but the industry what? swept it under the carpet? called it unfortunate? *shrugs

yet re Bob Baffert, his horse lives and he's given the 3rd degree accused in the court of puiblic opinion... and reputation going through the washing maschine!!??  why??

cos an institution that is considered to have integrity.. has a legitimate roll to play?

once again... you may end up suprised with the outcome... in that Bob Bafferts reputation is the thing on trial... not the integrity of the industry.. no we certainly couldnt question that!!!

we need not look to far a field to understand whats playing out in front of us,  where protection of a "killers" name is more important, than the fact he was guilty!!! clearly things are upside down re-trusted institutions!!

10 minutes ago, 6xes said:

im sure we can deduce alot of possible scenario's from races of the past!!! and integrity within the industry was high!!

but as i mentioned before, we are in a different season and clearly a different time..

i will acknowledge the Dubai race as one of interest!! For the simple fact the Medina Spirit meaning is tied with dubai in a weird sort of way...

i wont dwelve into it... but you recognising that particular incident in that part of the world begs the question of what sort of enquiry was carried out? investigation etc etc.

as it would seem you are attempting to imply that the horse died becos of some form of doping?? so what became of it?? was there an enquiry?? was there a drug test done?? alot of questions,,, but the industry what? swept it under the carpet? called it unfortunate? *shrugs

yet re Bob Baffert, his horse lives and he's given the 3rd degree accused in the court of puiblic opinion... and reputation going through the washing maschine!!??  why??

cos an institution that is considered to have integrity.. has a legitimate roll to play?

once again... you may end up suprised with the outcome... in that Bob Bafferts reputation is the thing on trial... not the integrity of the industry.. no we certainly couldnt question that!!!

we need not look to far a field to understand whats playing out in front of us,  where protection of a witnesses name is more important, than the fact he was guilty!!! clearly things are upside down re-trusted institutions!!

Anyone who saw Zendon in that Dubai race looked at the form and then the tragic incident after must have wondered,  Nick Luck implied he would be interested in the finding of the enquiry . Anyway Baffert didn't train him , but it was a sample of why US racing has that nagging doubt about if for some .

43 minutes ago, 6xes said:

we need not look to far a field to understand whats playing out in front of us,  where protection of a "killers" name is more important, than the fact he was guilty!!! clearly things are upside down re-trusted institutions!!

Carlos David trainer of Zendon , former assistant to Jason Servis , Servis currently suspended having been arrested by the FBI accused of running a large scale horse doping ring . Carlos had his first winner as a trainer with a maiden on 5th start who bolted in by 10 lengths. It smells a bit , like Baffert smells a bit .