RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

Anybody else think Leo has been made the scapegoat here......???

Me, admittedly as pure as the driven slush, would ban name suppression for EVERYTHING ... unless the victims (or their representatives) desired it.

There's some sportsman out there at the moment demanding name suppression because the crimes of which he has been convicted 'might jeopardise' his future employment.

Diddums!

All he is doing is making the rest of us suspect some clearly-innocent top sportsmen...

But, re Leo, I'd convict him just for his pink shirt/pink jacket fetish!

Not my face, Leo, not my pretty face!

Stuff report has a little more detail. Hours are different to previous article...?

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/124972405/grace-millane-suppression-breach-leo-molloy-fined-15000-for-naming-killer-on-forum

This second comment is bullshit.....

Danielle Houghton for the New Zealand Police said Molloy’s breach was “very intentional” and had a high risk of prejudicing the future trials.

While she accepted the name was known by many, it wasn’t universally known and there was a high public interest.

Total joke.  Compare Leo's penalty with the penalty Zac Guildford received for punching a woman in the face from behind with such force he broke her nose and she had extensive facial bruising - $15,000 fine and 350 hours PD v 2 years supervision (ie going to some course and having no conviction entered).

Our judiciary have need to ensure the punishment matches the crime.

Kia Kaha

Leo

On the same day a woman is convicted of manslaughter for shooting and killing her partner while she was on meth. Thinking he was an intruder trying to rob their cannabis crop.

Home detention and about the same number of community service hours as P4P.

Justice being seen to be done is often an issue sadly.

17 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Hardly the only person to reveal this infotmation...how many others have been charged.....??? 🤔

https://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=331463&fm=psp,tsf

I agree he has been harshly singled out. I remember at the time it was reported there had been quite a few breaches by different people. How was Leo singled out. Maybe for his controversial stance sometimes that decided to make him a scapegoat for everyone.  Shit Leo . Law sucks. 

5 hours ago, poundforpound said:

A high risk of prejudicing the trial !!

His two subsequent trials were judge only affairs and resulted in nine more convictions for rapes etc.....and they attracted a concurrent sentence !!..... on top of his murder sentence, so he didn’t serve an extra day......nine brutal hideous offenses against young vulnerable girls, and not another day in jail for it 

Concurrent sentence , always struggled to come to terms with that invention . 

Leo invaded the judges pitch and that is why the severity. Pleased he didnt go inside. The 350 hours community service is rough. People without means seem to dodge it but Leo wont be able to.

How are the community service tasks set?

7 hours ago, poundforpound said:

A high risk of prejudicing the trial !!

His two subsequent trials were judge only affairs and resulted in nine more convictions for rapes etc.....and they attracted a concurrent sentence !!..... on top of his murder sentence, so he didn’t serve an extra day......nine brutal hideous offenses against young vulnerable girls, and not another day in jail for it 

Hey Leo, why don't you organize one of those charity type race meetings at Ellerslie, a mate of mine ran one and raised $60K on the day, half of that covers your fines and the remaining $30K you could donate to your favorite charity??

Do you know anyone at Auckland racing who could gee this up for you ????

3 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Why would I dodge it you stupid old fuckwit ?

I consider community work an honor, a duty, a social responsibility, and a privilege .... and that’s exactly how I see this penalty 

Do you even begin to understand how much community work I do now, and what I’m actually involved in ?

Don’t be a brain dead retard all your shitty low achieving life you tosser 

What about the lady in the Auckland court yesterday who was fried on P, looking after her marijuana patch, and shot her partner of fifteen years dead ....dead.....she got 400 hours community work !!

What about the ex government ministers and knights who were fraudsters from xxxxxxxxx they got 300 hours community work according to the Law Society 

You need to read a bit before you open your mouth you thick tongued ignoramus 

Easy up there, You got the wrong impression.I dont know how community work is imposed. Is it discretionary what you can do? I am pleased to not have expertise in that area. I have visions of you being bussed out to cut weeds. Ignorance can be bliss.

If you can choose to do the community work that meets your social conscience I agree it is not as onerous as what i thought.

No need to be abusive pardner.

5 hours ago, poundforpound said:

I consider community work an honor, a duty, a social responsibility, and a privilege .... and that’s exactly how I see this penalty 

Do you even begin to understand how much community work I do now, and what I’m actually involved in ?

What about the lady in the Auckland court yesterday who was fried on P, looking after her marijuana patch, and shot her partner of fifteen years dead ....dead.....she got 400 hours community work !!

What about the ex government ministers and knights who were fraudsters from xxxxxxxxx they got 300 hours community work according to the Law Society 

perhapsyou and that lady who was fried on p could do your community service together swap notes with each other

6 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Wear dud ewe go too skool

Honor has a ewe in ut

On 4/30/2021 at 1:05 PM, poundforpound said:

Hey Mr Moderator .. this tirade of abusive foul language is unacceptable. Also what they hell has any of this got to do with racing ??

Look I'm the one that copped the spray, so let me advise you that Pooooper and I know each other though are not close, We have an equal share in a substantial asset, I think he was trying to educate  me what a charitable human being he is, using rude words.

To square this matter up I admit to being his senior as he is only in his golden 60's Also my complete ignorance  on penal matters and I bow to his greater experience in those. But as to the other assertions he is wrong and he can stick those up his self important, chubby little arse. Lets leave it there.