RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mikenz

Mike Hosking, Newstalk ZB

II listen this fella in the morning and I can't understand why this guy ain't prime minister or campaigning to be PM everything that the govt does is wrong,everything he says is right,if one wants to really make a difference,action speaks louder than words.

Over a period of time people in these jobs start believing they are more important than they actually are,personally the country is a big shambles,not everyone can sit on their arse drawing in a big fat salary with extended holidays as he does, if everyone followed the same life style it would be a bigger shambles.

Simple question is why ain't ZB setting up a party?It seems to me a prerequisite of working in their vocation is to be a expert on everything.

No doubt NZ ain't the place it once was, but would these know it alls really do better,probably not.,

Same in Sydney 2 GB . ALTHOUGH retired now AlannJones would have been there PM for the last 35 years. Knows everything about everything . But hardly a clean skin. If you are not a know all you won’t get far on that station. 

I ses Hosking and his cohorts are getting better ratings than ever, so the question remains,why instead of slagging off the government,and yes they are hopeless,have a go,it is a talk station but talk is all it is,strange as it is that slush fella that was voted in in Invercargill for council got over half the votes, so I would reckon Hosking and Du Plesis would be a short priced favourite to win,or are they just talk?

Or are they just living on their wits,I like radio,it's a great medium but a great way to promote yourself as well.not all radio announcers are ego driven, some just like playing some music and a bit of simple chat but this ZB lot,a different kettle of fish..

I see that Devlin fucker is back too,thought we had heard the last of this halfwit.

The irony is that while Mike Hosking will say he's "holding the Govt to account" no one holds him to account, for the things he gets wrong.

Example: Early on in the Covid crisis he loved to go on about how Sweden had it right and the NZ Govt had it wrong in the way they addressed the Covid crisis. Now he never mentions Sweden and no one says "Oh Mike you got that well wrong,  didn't you". Any texts to this effect aren't read out. 

Mike Hosking is just a "shock jock". He lacks credibility and the "shock jock" statements he makes are never examined detail, as a Politicians would be.

3 hours ago, Uriah Heap said:

The irony is that while Mike Hosking will say he's "holding the Govt to account" no one holds him to account, for the things he gets wrong.

Example: Early on in the Covid crisis he loved to go on about how Sweden had it right and the NZ Govt had it wrong in the way they addressed the Covid crisis. Now he never mentions Sweden and no one says "Oh Mike you got that well wrong,  didn't you". Any texts to this effect aren't read out. 

Mike Hosking is just a "shock jock". He lacks credibility and the "shock jock" statements he makes are never examined detail, as a Politicians would be.

If you're suggesting he's all talk and no walk, you're 100% correct. It's easy when you can just stop talking about a subject (Sweden) and block all conversation on a topic. 

On 7/15/2021 at 1:25 PM, mikenz said:

I ses Hosking and his cohorts are getting better ratings than ever, so the question remains,why instead of slagging off the government,and yes they are hopeless,have a go,it is a talk station but talk is all it is...

Or are they just living on their wits,I like radio,it's a great medium but a great way to promote yourself as well.not all radio announcers are ego driven, some just like playing some music and a bit of simple chat but this ZB lot,a different kettle of fish..

So you get ZB is a talk back station - if the hosts didn't have opinions it would make for a pretty bland listen wouldn't it ? And why should that translate into them becoming politicians ? By the same standards you are criticising them - are you going to get into radio ?

The media calling out those in power and keeping the public informed is surely one of it's key roles. Hosking does a great job at that. Goes too far sometimes - yep. Won't be correct in everything he says - yep.