RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
kingman

Old and Young racers

In Aus you cannot have a performance trial until you are 16 months old - are you sue that the age is right ??

Not really, am only going by the Racebook, which states the dog was whelped in April 2010.

Is there an older dog than Terror Jim racing in NZ at the moment ? will soon be 6.

Terror Jim Whelped 28/09/05

Bright Conquest Whelped 14/04/05

Still Class 5, won his last start in March and not officially retired yet .... Go Danny!

In Aus you cannot have a performance trial until you are 16 months old - are you sue that the age is right ??

Crunchie..... I know there is a song about a Boy Called Sue.......

Are you confusing the subject with the age of consent (which is 16 YEARS in NZ) and nothing to do with greyhounds.... lol

Hi KK

Sure you dont want a share in that 'chasing machine' I went to Dapto to watch last night - comes over as a C1 dog so will just be smashing them all the way through to C5

Shares are only available for a limited time !!

Nope, noms not accepted for pups under the age of 16 months here in NSW

of Homebush Sue and thought it was illegal, maybe it's a mistake. Crystal Sal is a litter sister to Terror Jim still racing so it's obviously a durable breed! Bright Conquest still going aye, he's a marvel that dog. I remember that dog Big Archie was ancient when he finished up, not sure how old he was exactly?

Hi KK

Sure you dont want a share in that 'chasing machine' I went to Dapto to watch last night - comes over as a C1 dog so will just be smashing them all the way through to C5

Shares are only available for a limited time !!

Nope, noms not accepted for pups under the age of 16 months here in NSW

Big call saying it will smash everything here! Why not race it over there if it's so good?

of Homebush Sue and thought it was illegal, maybe it's a mistake. Crystal Sal is a litter sister to Terror Jim still racing so it's obviously a durable breed! Bright Conquest still going aye, he's a marvel that dog. I remember that dog Big Archie was ancient when he finished up, not sure how old he was exactly?

Unfortunately Homebush Sue finished a long last as well.

Unfortunately Homebush Sue finished a long last as well.

Those people that race their charges at that age obviously can't care very much for the dog's welfare.

There used to be an unwritten rule that bitches were kept until at least 15 months (and that was considered early) and dogs 18 months.

Those people that race their charges at that age obviously can't care very much for the dog's welfare.

There used to be an unwritten rule that bitches were kept until at least 15 months (and that was considered early) and dogs 18 months.

When I first raced we had sapling races at Kumeu over the sprint distance for puppies 9 to 12 months of age. No more than three per field and they were fantastic. From there they graduated to puppy class from 12 months to 18 months over a sprint distance. This system gave all a very fair introduction to racing unlike todays system. What chance have our pups got today compared with that Grahame?

When I first raced we had sapling races at Kumeu over the sprint distance for puppies 9 to 12 months of age. No more than three per field and they were fantastic. From there they graduated to puppy class from 12 months to 18 months over a sprint distance. This system gave all a very fair introduction to racing unlike todays system. What chance have our pups got today compared with that Grahame?

You and a few others may have raced their pups with other pups at that age,but not those trainers with any sense.(I did say "unwritten rule")I saw many pups badly damaging wrists and muscles,and I seem to remember there were a lot more fighters back then,probably caused through running playful pups together,when all they want to do at that age is to play with one another,grow and strengthen their bones and muscles etc.

Trial them on the straight,then one bend short sprints until they have developed sufficiently to take the knocks of racing.

You and a few others may have raced their pups with other pups at that age,but not those trainers with any sense.(I did say "unwritten rule")I saw many pups badly damaging wrists and muscles,and I seem to remember there were a lot more fighters back then,probably caused through running playful pups together,when all they want to do at that age is to play with one another,grow and strengthen their bones and muscles etc.

Trial them on the straight,then one bend short sprints until they have developed sufficiently to take the knocks of racing.

Are you a leading trainer no!

:D:D

Big Archie was 6years and 6 months old when he finished racing and loved every minute of it! He is still running around the paddocks like a puppy. By the way he is one of only two Overtime dogs left. Should I put him to stud?????!!!!!

Big Archie was 6years and 6 months old when he finished racing and loved every minute of it! He is still running around the paddocks like a puppy. By the way he is one of only two Overtime dogs left. Should I put him to stud?????!!!!!

There is an ad in a dog magazine called "Fetch",with a pic of a greyhound and the caption - "at 4years old he is to old to win races...." the ad ? one put in by Greyhounds as pets.

It gives the impression that dogs of that age (4 years) are abandoned all the time,almost an anti greyhound statement by an organization funded by the Assn.IMO the Assn should speak to GAP about how they word such ads.