RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Elton

Australian betting account

I'm looking at opening an account in Aus so I can get better early odds on NZ horses when they race over there. 

At this stage I'm considering NSW. Does anyone have an opinion on which state or company is best?

On 4/24/2021 at 3:17 PM, Elton said:

I'm looking at opening an account in Aus so I can get better early odds on NZ horses when they race over there. 

At this stage I'm considering NSW. Does anyone have an opinion on which state or company is best?

Tabcorp by a country mile IMHO and ive tried most of the corps. Most are focused on TB's as they rule the roost in terms of punters dollars but Tabcorp is best all round provider in multiple states

Early Odds for "Lie To Me "  @ Rangiora was $3.30. Got up to $5 during the the meeting. Paid $4.10 on tote . Horse had second row draw over a mile. Wake up TAB , this is why punters want to get decent odds early and have to go overseas.

14 hours ago, 2Piper said:

Early Odds for "Lie To Me "  @ Rangiora was $3.30. Got up to $5 during the the meeting. Paid $4.10 on tote . Horse had second row draw over a mile. Wake up TAB , this is why punters want to get decent odds early and have to go overseas.

'Don't Lie To Me'  was only in a 7 Horse field, so the $4.10 was actually great odds for a  the second Favourite. 

A computer program sets the market for races , using about 20 different criteria. (matching against the opposition current form, being the main one) 

The race 'Don't Lie To Me' won was started (starting Point)  1/2 way round the Bend !!!! never seen anything like it in decades of harness racing. !! craziness. One of the funniest things I've seen for years. The early leaders both galloped (probably from confusion lol)   

Easy to see why the market got confused then too...... maybe instead of 'Wake up TAB' was better just to pull the computer plug out for that race? lol.

My main point is that the small odds deterr punting so the thread author wants to bet with overseas agency 

Whether my example  is a good one or not a horse needing luck in the running and especially at the start shouldn't  have been that short.  Thus it drifted  before the value was conceived by punters as good and worthy of the gamble. I do acknowledge that the computer probably does not take that into account.