RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Rules For Some

Review into greyhound racing

I do hope those responsible or involved  in this review are made to read the article by Jim Edwards on this very issue to provide some balance to the activists whose sole purpose in life seems to be to stop greyhound racing.

The greyhounds, btw, would tell you, if they could, that they love racing. No whips, no jockey, no driver. Just competitive animals bred to race and enjoying it.

I saw a lovely video of a race at Gawler.  One dog was put over the fence, then he cut the corner and ran around the inside of the track and beat everything else.  Of course he was not the declared winner, as he had cut the corner by so much, but that dog so loved racing that he would do anything to join the others.

They love racing. 

Can someone please get the Minister for Racing to read Jim Edwards' article published in the SST of April 11 and headed 

"Fear not, greyhounds are protected and cared for"

Listening to the Minister's comments on tv, and hearing them again  this morning,  I can only surmise that he is being misinformed.

5 hours ago, Jape said:

Can someone please get the Minister for Racing to read Jim Edwards' article published in the SST of April 11 and headed 

Listening to the Minister's comments on tv, and hearing them again  this morning,  I can only surmise that he is being misinformed.

Or perhaps The Ministers are out of touch with the real world and what Politicians are lawfully abided to comply with...you know that Little Red Cabinet Manual and looking after the Betterment of the economy.

The later is something the current lot have seriously failed to adhere to.

Great to see former UK PM David Cameron has been assigned to undertake an enquiry into how the Government in the UK is currently in disarray, Truth will come out and heads will roll trust us

People in this industry are naive. Having worked outside of the industry, most people think the industry is already closed and many find greyhound racing a repulsive sport, to the point where I don't discuss any of my dealings within the industry with people.

I sure hope they don't enquire into where all these dogs being bred that aren't put through gap or make it to the track go because this will be the undoing of racing.

I've Said it in here plenty of times but no one even wants to acknowledge that there's a problem that needs to be rectified. Everyone defends the people that do this.

8 hours ago, Jape said:

We have Greyhound Racing New Zealand (GRNZ) who so call run this industry. Surely it is up to the CEO and her team to be proactive and argue the remarks put forward by the minister. Alas no another absent landlord who will jump ship when it gets tough.

Typical .. Grant Robertson saying he's not happy with NZGRA for not acting on safety concerns. And he specifically mentioned the Wanganui track .. what happens we get a shower or too and the track is stuffed, meeting off. Why can't someone get to the bottom of this .. it just goes on and on.

Also noticed on T.V some lady stating that it is cruel to make animals race around a track and that their welfare is at stake ?? .. um hello the greyhounds run of their own accord because they love it. She needs to think about gallops and harness racing where animals are ridden or steered around the track with the aid of a whip etc. Why are greyhounds singled out ???? .. I agree that it needs cleaning up, but it doesn't help slapping people with a wet bus ticket for breaking the rules either .. hardly a deterrent. We are our own worst enemies.

Its interesting putting the pieces of the puzzle together. 

• Cleo Swarbrick - Green party 
  • Gareth Hughes - Green Party
  • SAFE - Board member Gareth Hughes
  • NAWAC committee   - Anya Dale (SPCA)
  • GRNZ welfare  committee - Anya Dale (SPCA)
  • Aaron Cross -  Greyhound protection league and supported  by SAFE

ALL out to shut down Greyhound Racing.....

On 4/17/2021 at 3:21 PM, Rules For Some said:

People in this industry are naive. Having worked outside of the industry, most people think the industry is already closed and many find greyhound racing a repulsive sport, to the point where I don't discuss any of my dealings within the industry with people.

I sure hope they don't enquire into where all these dogs being bred that aren't put through gap or make it to the track go because this will be the undoing of racing.

I've Said it in here plenty of times but no one even wants to acknowledge that there's a problem that needs to be rectified. Everyone defends the people that do this.

I disagree.

The statements "most people think the industry is already closed" and " many find greyhound racing a repulsive sport" appear contradictory. I am not at all sure of their relevance either.

Incidentally,  many people find Mixed Martial Arts repulsive but it does not prevent it from getting a staggering amount of coverage both in print and on the screen.

Anyway, I have had the experience of someone looking askance at me when she discovered I was involved in greyhound racing. I took her through the day in a greyhound's life and a day at the races. She changed her attitude and confessed she knew nothing about greyhounds and was now impressed with how well they are looked after.

That there have been problems has been well documented and this is the thrust of Jim Edwards' article. He points out the changes that  have been made and the improvements.

"The concerns expressed by the SPCA and SAFE indicate a lack of current knowledge as the fears they have raised are many years out of date"  He goes on to outline many of those changes and concludes by writing "GRNZ accepts there will always. be those who do not support the racing of animals and want it banned. They are entitled to this belief, but it important when opposing any activity that the true picture is acknowledged and misinformation is corrected."

Swarbrick supports decriminalising all drug use. But not in the greyhound industry 🤔 . She also authoritatively states that the Turnbull case is the 'tip of the iceberg'. What does she base that statement on? Just a populist lightweight.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2021 at 4:58 PM, Doggie said:

Its interesting putting the pieces of the puzzle together. 

• Cleo Swarbrick - Green party 
  • Gareth Hughes - Green Party
  • SAFE - Board member Gareth Hughes
  • NAWAC committee   - Anya Dale (SPCA)
  • GRNZ welfare  committee - Anya Dale (SPCA)
  • Aaron Cross -  Greyhound protection league and supported  by SAFE

ALL out to shut down Greyhound Racing.....

Conflicts of interest all around.

Have they disclosed all these Conflicts of interest in all documentation?

If not,  why not?

It's in the Parliamentary Red Book Manual, isn't it?

What really pisses me off, is same associated groups of people again. And there are greyhound identities who have been associated with this kennel who must know this sort of thing goes on .. but they plead ignorance. It is far more widespread than people think.

On 4/21/2021 at 4:32 PM, jimbob said:

They need a review into the Green Party and the one sided opinion they have

They dont even know the correct Name of the country 

They want greyhounds basically banned and dont care about reviews

They are desperately trying to influence that review as the Jim Edwards' article points out the steps that have been taken in recent times to answer the critics/activists.

Chloe Swarbrick's Opinion article in the SST of April 25 is another attempt to do the same. The Edwards' article has obviously deflated their opinionated attack on greyhound racing.