RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Tauhei Notts

Geofencing For Digital Betting

This is something new from our TAB.  I think, but I am not sure, that it provides the TAB with the geographical location of where a bet is made on a digital device, so that if it is made in a TAB agency then that agency gets a percentage of the turnover.  This may have some impact on on course turnovers, which are presently understated by so many people on course using a mobile device, such as a telephone, for their bets.

Hopefully more knowledgeable people will be able to explain it all in detail.

They'll be able to offer in venue and on track promotions like tab.com.au.  Pay back to third with bonus bets if you bet from home, but back to fourth or fifth if you place your bet at a TAB or on track. etc.

They've closed down every TAB for miles around me and I don't really like pub tabs.  Not enough to go looking for a few dollars of bonus bets anyway.  Brings us up to date with the Australians and those lucky enough to not have to drive for an hour to get to a TAB might get a bit out of it.

Tab in Victoria has a similar thing. Venue mode. Not sure how it impacts on allocation of turnover.

Q. Is Venue Mode available in all TAB venues?

Yes - Venue Mode is now unlocked when you enter any TAB venue in Australia.

Q. Can I access Venue Mode when I am at a racecourse?

Venue Mode is currently available at selected racecourses, with more to come. Giddy-up.