RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Alexandra Park Complex

Drove past it over the weekend. Apartments look to be coming along nicely

Eljay or Tasman  do you know how the club faired out of this development given it was going very pear shaped a few years back??

As above , too soon to call accurately while litigations taking place .

The banks owed a lot of money ,fortunately interest rates are low but accruing daily and debt increasing as work continues. The bleeding wont stop till the place fully operational .

IMO still some equity left in the place.

But of great concern is the fact that , in a week when Cambridge also runs , only 75 noms for 10 races.Will struggle to get 8 races and against NZ Met Derby night betting will be embarrassing !

Surely the Board and HRNZ will notice soon something needs to be done to resuscitate the place.

But the finished and lived in Apartments look great , its a central and great location. A good place to get a feed.....Lone Star , Chinese ,and Joes Garage and good cafe and bar with plenty of parking [ for now].Good TAB with good service plenty of screens. Quizes and Drag Bingo some nights.

The Blues practice there  daily  and with no opposition look slick and impressive........plenty of buildings being rented out , a trip to Trotting Hall of Fame worthwhile on race night.....and more retail expected soon.

Pokies buzz constantly during the day.....as the song said...'You can get anything you want @.....[ Arlo Guthrie]

On race night ,the track hard and fast , and racing is close up and exciting with NZ's top drivers and trainers......only occasionally is any horse all wrapped up with nowhere to go.

People need to start using the place again before its too late.......excellent facility ......sadly the Harness people who got into big-time DEVELOPING didn't know what they were doing....the idea was sound enough in theory to futureproof the Industry in North !

47 South - I'm not scoffing at you - but one fact in their (ATC) favour is that the Showgrounds are next door with activities most nights with accompanying traffic noises.    I therefore expect Council could not restrict one venue without imposing same on the other.     Also, unlike the other 2 "established" venues you mention, this area is not a densely populated residential area, rather mainly parklands.

Additionally, I am sure that if the ATC would start their meetings earlier in the evening and finish a lot earlier (this week start at 6.39 and go to 9.38) where Addington get underway at  4,27 this surely would entice more on course patronage, especially over the winter months and no doubt find favour with the residents.

I note the commentator suggests the " LONE STAR " is a great vantage point........ Is that a guarateed Steak meal  ?

All I know is prior to the development and approx 15 years ago there was the old Derby Stand sitting there for all those that couldn't affort the entrance fee into the main stand......... NOBODY WATCHED RACES THERE. 

Before future property sales (Greenlane Road and Pukekohe track), a good estimate of the loss would be $90-100 million plus any court/arbitration losses. These will be $20-30 million with little chance of winning. We can all hope for a miracle but ....

3 hours ago, frankie said:

Before future property sales (Greenlane Road and Pukekohe track), a good estimate of the loss would be $90-100 million plus any court/arbitration losses. These will be $20-30 million with little chance of winning. We can all hope for a miracle but ....

16 hours ago, Charlie Bukowski said:

Apart from Lone Star and a fingernail beauty parlour, it is like walking through a war ravaged Bosnia.

It's got bad vibes all the way through it

Well put Charlie, maybe you would get better value for money in Bosnia, minus the bombs!!

On 4/10/2021 at 12:04 PM, ivanthegreat said:

I note the commentator suggests the " LONE STAR " is a great vantage point........ Is that a guarateed Steak meal  ?

All I know is prior to the development and approx 15 years ago there was the old Derby Stand sitting there for all those that couldn't affort the entrance fee into the main stand......... NOBODY WATCHED RACES THERE. 

Is this the commentator that has a pet name for most drivers, ice man, magic man, I suppose with the small fields they have to fill in time some how!!

2 hours ago, Dalboy said:

Is this the commentator that has a pet name for most drivers, ice man, magic man, I suppose with the small fields they have to fill in time some how!!

And the AL L DRESSED, UP no where to go,    It actually get as monotonous as everything else about Alexandra Park seems to be getting like these days

On 4/11/2021 at 7:37 PM, mikenz said:

And the AL L DRESSED, UP no where to go,    It actually get as monotonous as everything else about Alexandra Park seems to be getting like these days

For a person who is very anti-Auckland and only watches the odd race that interests you  seem to have a wealth of knowledge on the Northern scene , so possibly use modern devices more than you make out.....and did I read where you have had multiple offshore accounts.

Are you making all this stuff up ??????

Seriously ????

And you desperate to get Radio back , Aaron White aware of the fact that radio listeners need to have the race painted in the listeners mind.......'under lock and key ' reached its use by date decades ago and 'three or four back on the inside means little if clear space imminent. All dressed up etc is descriptive and brilliant !

Keep it up Aaron....you an excellent caller , all great sports broadcasters have their quirks  .

Edited by tasman man
Spelling

Our devices are a great modern day invention,but do we want to spend all our life on them?

Coming on here often enough is bad enough,you often come here for a short time then boom been on here for ages,if it's not here for some it's Facebook,you tube or whatever,sometimes it's nice to have a slightly simpler life,as in staying out of the net,.

If out and about in our normal life,does one want to be glued to our smartphone,we all have to work,that's why sometimes radio is a convienient way of being informed,taking all racing off radio isn't smart, in my eyes,and in many others as well,there is a reason why newstalk zb is the number one station in nz, it's not hidden from the public on a rova app,racing is at present,remember not everyone can be bothered with smartphones.

Multiple betting accounts, I gotta say gambling and me haven't been great for each other, I'm sure most of us would say the same if being honest but we actually bet mainly because we enjoy it, just the same reason we watch racing sport or whatever for that matter.i only ha.ve one -account in oz now,with mergers they seem to just keep taking over others ,probably in time there will only be one or two left someday,I don't use them but it is still a open account.

As for Auckland,for a city of 2 million people they should be doing better at Alexandra park but sometimes despite having prime days,nights for that matter little clubs in the South Island are out performing them both in field size and in turnover,at present it seems  northern harness racing has issues,it seems there don't appear to be much interest in harness racing up north at all,that isn't really good but it just seems to be the way it is at present,can it be turned around,who knows,I don't really believe that 7 race programmes with 6 horse fields is really indicating a thriving industry but it is what it is I guess,if that racecourse was in Dunedin they would be wanting to close it,maybe it's location might be its saviour.

i know I spend too much time sometimes online,I actually heard yesty that at the golf in the US if you have a cell phone at the masters you are bard from the course, no second chances,gee imagine  how would we all survive if those rules were applied to other things in life,it would be interesting .

i bought my first computer about  15 years ago,I often wonder how many hours has been spent online,makes ya wonder sometime.right now I'm trying to work out why you tube won't playback,may back over I pad with car,,it might not fix it but it will make me feel better lol.

Have a good day anyway.i do have a real life to live.