RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
orphanpete

RC Comp winners bets....

Showing my age here, but years and years ago there was a champion pacer called Noodlum.

If he won  and he usually did - the biggest gamble you took would be on what price you might get paid out on on the tote.

No such thing as a guaranteed price back then and $0.70 back for a dollar was not uncommon, heh.

I just Googled:

His full career record was 42 starts, 28 wins, 6 seconds, 2 thirds and one fourth for $76,412.50 in stakes. He was only unplaced on five occasions, and of those five fell once, was all but brought down on the home turn once and was checked losing 250 metres at the start once.

My betting syndicate of the day had the rule that if you lost all your outlay - $20 or so - on a given week, you had to buy a Golden Kiwi ticket (yeah, yeah, my age is coming through again).

Golden Kiwi tickets weren''t pricy - I think 50 cents a pop - but you would regularly get syndictae members spending $19 of their $20 on the usual Win and Place, Double or new-fangled Quinella bets ... but then finishing 'and $1 on Noodlum to place'...

So as to avoid the ignominy of a splat!.

And, yes, we did once - just the once - win from such GK tickets ... a famous day when $6,000 was collected, in person, by each and every member of the syndicate...

5 hours ago, mrzim said:

I can’t believe anyone would complain about the way the comps are run or the prizes that are given.Scooby and other sponsors are very generous with the prizes and Ponderosa and anyone who does the scoring are marvellous.Believe me it’s not easy when your a computer muppet like me as you could see after my effort the other week.If you don’t like the rules,then don’t enter.Its easy to make fun of someone’s bets after the race is run.Remember it’s gambling you’re not going to win every time.

Life's a gamble,, Mr Zim, no?

One of my fave comedians is a dry-witted chap called Jack Dee.

He was on QI one day and Stephen Fry asked the panel 'What is unfair about the way prizermoney at Wimbledon is distributed?'

The anawer Fry wanted, of course, was that Men have to play a lot more (games and sets) to win than did Women...

Dee had a way more brilliant answer:

'You have to be really good at Tennis...'

2 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

YES there have been people thinking they should not have to give anything from their winnings and complaining...and others who do not even have the decency to say thanks or appreciate what we put in here for free for everyones enjoyment and FUN when they do get lucky and win. But hey I made the rule now...if they dont want to enter then its totally up to them.

Gee I'd be happy just to get that winning bet winning aye then as ohokaman posted on the post before this one then I could make a contribution back to the next comp but it ain't easy.

The comps are fun,they add interest to ones Saturday.

42 minutes ago, Disillusioned said:

Yo Scoobs.

For my $350 bet can you please go to Riosehill Race 8 and put $100 over $250 on Buffalo River (No. 5).

$9 and $3 on Fixed Odds as I type.

It will be on the tote mate...if thats ok I am computer illiterate so just to get the bet on is a success...good luck hope thats ok.

14 hours ago, Right first time said:

Thank you for your very generous sponsorship of the comp prizes, Scooby.
Much appreciated.

For my $100 Prize Bet for coming 2nd last Saturday, please can I have :-

Awapuni
R5
Horse 3
Ata Rangi
$100 Win

Many thanks, Scooby.
I hope my luck is in. 🙂

Good luck Howie

58 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

It will be on the tote mate...if thats ok I am computer illiterate so just to get the bet on is a success...good luck hope thats ok.

'Computer illiterate'?

Bet you that's something (soon to be ex Sir) Ron Brierley reckons he could claim, heh.

Your game, your rules!

22 hours ago, Right first time said:

Thank you for your very generous sponsorship of the comp prizes, Scooby.
Much appreciated.

For my $100 Prize Bet for coming 2nd last Saturday, please can I have :-

Awapuni
R5
Horse 3
Ata Rangi
$100 Win

Many thanks, Scooby.
I hope my luck is in. 🙂

Thanks for the opportunity, Scooby.
3rd was Ata Rangi's lot ...so no cigar.
Well-ridden,and had its chance.