RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
orphanpete

RC Comp winners bets....

21 hours ago, bazza54 said:

Good morning Scooby.I will go with Rosehill R6 #2 Avilius $100 win and $250 a place.Thanks a million.Good luck to the others also.

Almost a great collect but still you collected $500 for the placing...PM me and I will get your $250 out to you...well done.

16 hours ago, mikenz said:

Won't please the sponsor of the comp, no winnings means he has to stump up his own money for next comp aye

No why would you say that??? I don't mind and I have put up plenty for so long including running the site at my own expense, funding mostly the comps myself expect for the occasions kind members want to contribute .... for rude and selfish people like yourself to take potshots at me. Some of you really can be assholes sometimes.

Sorry about that man,maybe that comment came out the wrong way,wasn't meant to be seen as taking pot shots,I apologize if you wish to accept but those bets seem to have a fairly low success rate but that's life aye.

15 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Yep but still a good collect...Nash will be out for a spell...

2 suspensions for Smash yesterday totaling 22 days .Now out till 29th April after also  smashing a few up in The Slipper 

53 minutes ago, mikenz said:

Sorry about that man,maybe that comment came out the wrong way,wasn't meant to be seen as taking pot shots,I apologize if you wish to accept but those bets seem to have a fairly low success rate but that's life aye.

I fund the comps I place the bets...its their right to chose to punt on whoever they want to. I hope they win but at the end of the day its totally the winners choice to gamble on whatever horse they choose ..its all for fun at the end of the day for them.

8 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

I fund the comps I place the bets...its their right to chose to punt on whoever they want to. I hope they win but at the end of the day its totally the winners choice to gamble on whatever horse they choose ..its all for fun at the end of the day for them.

Also if I may add, it is also a REAL bet won with a zero $$$$ entry comp. If you win a comp, have a bet and generate even a modest $100 collect (as I did couple of years ago) that is pretty close to being money for nothing. 

I am certain most comp winners are a. happy they won b. grateful for the throw at the stumps. 

:)

1 hour ago, Houlahan's Dream said:

Also if I may add, it is also a REAL bet won with a zero $$$$ entry comp. If you win a comp, have a bet and generate even a modest $100 collect (as I did couple of years ago) that is pretty close to being money for nothing. 

I am certain most comp winners are a. happy they won b. grateful for the throw at the stumps. 

Thank you and you have always been a great supporter of RC...thank you for that.

2 hours ago, Houlahan's Dream said:

Agreed, HD.

I had a wonderful day on my tod at Rosehill yesterday - the Trifecta in the opening race and the First Four in Mo'unga's Rosehill Guineas, e.g. - but got almost as much excitement at watching no-one in Race Cafe getting up to beat me and take my first-ever win in a Scooby/Ponderosa comp.

Now comes the real pressure bit, ha - trying to convert my free-of-charge bet into a profit for a) future pools and b) my jammy butt!

Maybe the complainer about the 'poor' performances by the 'free' bets would prefer that the entire bet was placed on the nose of the latest Winx?

9 hours ago, Disillusioned said:

Agreed, HD.

I had a wonderful day on my tod at Rosehill yesterday - the Trifecta in the opening race and the First Four in Mo'unga's Rosehill Guineas, e.g. - but got almost as much excitement at watching no-one in Race Cafe getting up to beat me and take my first-ever win in a Scooby/Ponderosa comp.

Now comes the real pressure bit, ha - trying to convert my free-of-charge bet into a profit for a) future pools and b) my jammy butt!

Maybe the complainer about the 'poor' performances by the 'free' bets would prefer that the entire bet was placed on the nose of the latest Winx?

Thank you Disillusioned...I have had a few people message me to say the comps are really enjoyable for them..I appreciate that...I always left it to people to decide about putting some back in to comps...but some did it and some would not...so I felt it fairer to make a rule for everyone...and then it also helps in a small way to put something back in the comps again...I was just shocked by some of the selfish responses by some I guess...but overall most are really nice decent people in here.

I can’t believe anyone would complain about the way the comps are run or the prizes that are given.Scooby and other sponsors are very generous with the prizes and Ponderosa and anyone who does the scoring are marvellous.Believe me it’s not easy when your a computer muppet like me as you could see after my effort the other week.If you don’t like the rules,then don’t enter.Its easy to make fun of someone’s bets after the race is run.Remember it’s gambling you’re not going to win every time.

31 minutes ago, mrzim said:

I can’t believe anyone would complain about the way the comps are run or the prizes that are given.Scooby and other sponsors are very generous with the prizes and Ponderosa and anyone who does the scoring are marvellous.Believe me it’s not easy when your a computer muppet like me as you could see after my effort the other week.If you don’t like the rules,then don’t enter.Its easy to make fun of someone’s bets after the race is run.Remember it’s gambling you’re not going to win every time.

Thank you Rex for the continued support.... you have been lucky enough to be a winner here too...I totally agree with what you say and without Ponderosa and all his efforts it would be a nightmare for me to try to do it...it really does my head in too....😜

1 hour ago, mrzim said:

Is there anybody who is complaining?

On 3/28/2021 at 9:54 AM, mikenz said:

Perhaps you’d like to make a contribution ??🤔

1 hour ago, mikenz said:

Is there anybody who is complaining?

YES there have been people thinking they should not have to give anything from their winnings and complaining...and others who do not even have the decency to say thanks or appreciate what we put in here for free for everyones enjoyment and FUN when they do get lucky and win. But hey I made the rule now...if they dont want to enter then its totally up to them.