RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
We're Doomed

The Oaks

3 hours ago, Trump said:

Huey, you are living in the past. You probably still use pen and paper, or perhaps graduated to a typewriter? Old habits die hard. Mine is still to sit down with a copy of The Australian and read it while enjoying my freshly grounded Vittoria Coffee Bean homemade coffee. I do this even though I’ve read every good news story earlier - from my iPhone. As I say, old habits :) 

I understand 100% where you’re coming from, I really do. I used to love going to the Feilding races. They are still going strong but at Awapuni. They wouldn’t have survived if they’d stayed at their Feilding track. But mate, keep the tradition but move with times. That’s what’s holding NZ Racing back. It’s a bit like Ireland. A good btreeding ground but most of the good horses racing offshore for the big $. Going to the races at The Curragh reminded me of going to Trentham. Great tracks - old and poor amenities. 
Enjoy your racing. 

Hang on , on one hand youre espousing the virtues of everything thats good about OZ racing and then youre ignoring the very thing that makes it great, the base of their industry, the country racing the history of the sport -c'mon Trump make up youre mind!

Those race days moved to other locations aren't successful and haven't been proven to have been so (if you have some insight into why they are lets hear it) , I've been to plenty and the atmosphere at a lot is appalling and the support non existent, they unfortunately just fade out. Sorry I can't buy into the lie thats being sold here, change has to happen but it'll happen at its own pace not with biased interference like has happened here in NZ. If it was such a good strategy there would be countless examples of it having worked well for the industry , where are they?

Happy punting!

1 hour ago, Huey said:

Hang on , on one hand youre espousing the virtues of everything thats good about OZ racing and then youre ignoring the very thing that makes it great, the base of their industry, the country racing the history of the sport -c'mon Trump make up youre mind!

Those race days moved to other locations aren't successful and haven't been proven to have been so (if you have some insight into why they are lets hear it) , I've been to plenty and the atmosphere at a lot is appalling and the support non existent, they unfortunately just fade out. Sorry I can't buy into the lie thats being sold here, change has to happen but it'll happen at its own pace not with biased interference like has happened here in NZ. If it was such a good strategy there would be countless examples of it having worked well for the industry , where are they?

Happy punting!

Not espousing everything good about AUSSIE, I’m trying to explain to you that MM, Everest etc has lit a firecracker and its having a positive effect on funding across Country Racing as well. Everybody seems to want change in NZ, even the most powerful Stable in NZ came out and demanded change. You’ve gone from bagging the KM type races, the ARC and now you can’t see what I’m telling exactly what you say yourself. Racing NZ needs to support Country racing, one off carnivals and get the betting platform and distribution of stakes right - from the top end to the bottom end. Racing NZ has been undermined imho by failure at Admin level. There’s been no Driver. Good luck. Look to Aust racing and learn what can be done. Therea no better example of what can be done with the right leadership and drive. 

5 hours ago, Trump said:

Not espousing everything good about AUSSIE, I’m trying to explain to you that MM, Everest etc has lit a firecracker and its having a positive effect on funding across Country Racing as well. Everybody seems to want change in NZ, even the most powerful Stable in NZ came out and demanded change. You’ve gone from bagging the KM type races, the ARC and now you can’t see what I’m telling exactly what you say yourself. Racing NZ needs to support Country racing, one off carnivals and get the betting platform and distribution of stakes right - from the top end to the bottom end. Racing NZ has been undermined imho by failure at Admin level. There’s been no Driver. Good luck. Look to Aust racing and learn what can be done. Therea no better example of what can be done with the right leadership and drive. 

I understand what youre saying , but as I said those events work so well because Aus have the industry to sustain them, thats why they are succesful, we here just generally copy that expecting the same industry wide results, it doesn't work like that.