RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
We're Doomed

The Oaks

I was just having a look at the Oaks which I didn't get to see yesterday. I don't think anyone has mentioned it here. Llanacord looked very unlucky, with a clear run she would have been right in it. Admittedly she did have a nice run all the way, except in the straight.

That track looked a bit rough. We just don't seem to be able to present the pristine racing surfaces that most of the Aussie clubs come up with.

we have a bunch of muppets managing the tracks and wanting a Dead surface...it is total BS and needs to be addressed...there is no planning around weather it seems robots are in charge these days...that track was a disgrace for a major race day.

I personally dont think anything would have beaten her yesterday...I think she is one out of the top drawer...she had to be used a few times during the run and still was way superior...JMO.

21 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

we have a bunch of muppets managing the tracks and wanting a Dead surface...it is total BS and needs to be addressed...there is no planning around weather it seems robots are in charge these days...that track was a disgrace for a major race day.

I personally dont think anything would have beaten her yesterday...I think she is one out of the top drawer...she had to be used a few times during the run and still was way superior...JMO.

She is top class no doubt.....funny old run from Cheaperthandivorce...only got going that last 200m.

2 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

She is top class no doubt.....funny old run from Cheaperthandivorce...only got going that last 200m.

CTD got squeezed up and lost a fair bit of momentum, clean run and she goes close I recon.  Auckland Cup next year me thinks. 

2 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Well I was there and I totally disagree with you, regarding the last sentence of the posting above. 
Darryl

I don’t think the track was a disgrace but the tracks presented yesterday and during the Cup Meeting have not been as good as previously  

Over irrigated?? but now where near as bad as Riccarton has been recently

My two favourite tracks are nothing like they used to be presented, the common factor OVER or Poor use of Irrigation systems

On the flip side Wingatui and Ashburton tracks have been outstanding - they seem to have it right IMO

1 hour ago, uneasy said:

I don’t think the track was a disgrace but the tracks presented yesterday and during the Cup Meeting have not been as good as previously  

Over irrigated?? but now where near as bad as Riccarton has been recently

My two favourite tracks are nothing like they used to be presented, the common factor OVER or Poor use of Irrigation systems

On the flip side Wingatui and Ashburton tracks have been outstanding - they seem to have it right IMO

Its tracks in general Michael there seems to be a set against having a good track they all seem to want to turn up as Dead or in the old days an easy track makes little or no sense to me..but what's new most of what the clowns running the show do  these days makes no sense.

19 hours ago, uneasy said:

Could that be due to irrigation And the fact they raced an ordinary meeting the week prior to the big day - same as Cup Day an iconic meeting and a track that had been raced on the 2 previous Saturdays?

Surely you have your biggest days on the best track and then a lesser meeting on a track already raced on not the other way around.

1 hour ago, von Smallhaussen said:

Could that be due to irrigation And the fact they raced an ordinary meeting the week prior to the big day - same as Cup Day an iconic meeting and a track that had been raced on the 2 previous Saturdays?

Surely you have your biggest days on the best track and then a lesser meeting on a track already raced on not the other way around.

Don't you come on here with your bloody common sense ideas. You are not a comfortable fit with current racing industry ideology

2 hours ago, von Smallhaussen said:

Agree, but the club doesn't set the schedule of dates, [Premier verses Feature] the Industry does or more factually Auckland R C does.

17 minutes ago, d.burrow said:

Agree, but the club doesn't set the schedule of dates, [Premier verses Feature] the Industry does or more factually Auckland R C does.

Yes, Wgtn has been the worst affected by Auckland's free reign to race whenever they wish regardless of the impact on others.

3 hours ago, d.burrow said:

Are these regular digs at the ARC justified or are they just TPS or bitter jealously.

Even from the South Island I was generally always of the impression that Ellerslie and Trentham were NZ's top racing clubs even though I think Cup Week in Christchurch is by far the best 'carnival'.

Unlike Trentham, Ellerslie seems to be going from strength to strength looking for improvement and looking to ensure a sustainable future.

Seems to have the plenty of meetings ,by far the best turnovers , a good cash flow and very solid investments and equity.

I believe it is the only  racing club in NZ rated an 'International Club'.

Trainers I have been involved with love racing there and these Group winning and multiple premiership winners often said it was the 'best' course in NZ[ by far]

After a few hiccups the actual track surface has obviously improved of late and judging by other comments on here re other tracks ,it must be close the the best surface as well.

So other than 'sour grapes ' I don't understand the negativity.

The Karaka Day and Wellington Cup days have been tweaked in recent years , but these days remain two of NZ Racings main days and meetings around it seem to be holding up OK.

On 3/21/2021 at 8:37 PM, Aaron Bidlake said:

CTD got squeezed up and lost a fair bit of momentum, clean run and she goes close I recon.  Auckland Cup next year me thinks. 

as a matter of curiosity how many 4yo mares have won the Akld Cup in the modern era (say, since 1970). CTD may be a good horse in the making but its hard enuf for quality 3yo fillies to 'show up' in the Spring/Summer as a 4yo -and not many get to run over 3200m unless I am horribly mistaken. Was Rock Diva 4yo when she won?

My neighbour EJ [Midge] rode a 4yr old mare called Artifice [by Gatekeeper] back in a day.

Yes Rock Diva ,Shez Sinsational, Miltak, Spyglass ,Blue Denim,Perhaps,Rose Mellay,......all mares [ I think ]

Think that rounds out the last 50 years.

Prize Lady won at 5 and 6