RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mulebacker

Such a CORRUPT and dirty sport

Just now, mulebacker said:

I dont think anyone has accused me of being  gentleman before but having listened to and appreciated everyones input here   I concede I could well be  wrong  about this run

In which case to apologise to Danielle for putting her name in the same post 

However should awareness reverse its form next start winning by 5L  I will be back

I don't think you have to worry too much about that happening Mule.

26 minutes ago, mulebacker said:

There is plenty of crap in the sport as I have heard it from connections   several times when horses where pulled. But perhaps awareness is not a good example 

There are plenty of trainers whose horses get up at $20 in identical conditions in similar part of the form cycle and yet always fail at  $5

QLD  - Over a 5 year period -  7 pct of FAVs missed the Jump yet only 3 pct of other runners   . But I guess the horse was scared knowing he was fav and felt shy coming out of the gate

I have the data to prove that

Hmmm Daren Weir  - top Trainer In Victoria  - how many times was he warned before they finally took his license him

Yeah no corruption in this game

Plenty of corruption in Australia - it was founded on it. However, calling out NZ's leading rider is a stretch, all because one shitter you backed ran down the track.

As others have said, times mean little in galloping, I never consider then. Even then, expecting a horse with a good 1,000m time to stretch that out for another 200m is pushing it. Some can only carry that speed for 1,000m. The silliest thing you hear in trotting is the commentator calling out the times during a race, at least the gallops don't go that far. Not sure if they expect punters to change their bets during the race once they hear the time. The only important thing about times is that the horse you back is 0.0001 of a second faster than the second fastest horse in the race at the end of the race.

2 hours ago, mulebacker said:

I dont think anyone has accused me of being  gentleman before but having listened to and appreciated everyones input here   I concede I could well be  wrong  about this run

However should awareness reverse its form next start winning by 5L  I will be back

If they shove it off to the Castlepoint Picnics and over a 1000m it may we’ll win again :) 

If they shove it off to the Castlepoint Picnics and over a 1000m it may we’ll win again :) 

There is plenty of crap in the sport as I have heard it from connections   several times when horses where pulled. But perhaps awareness is not a good example 

There are plenty of trainers whose horses get up at $20 in identical conditions in similar part of the form cycle and yet always fail at  $5

QLD  - Over a 5 year period -  7 pct of FAVs missed the Jump yet only 3 pct of other runners   . But I guess the horse was scared knowing he was fav and felt shy coming out of the gate

Hmmm Daren Weir  - top Trainer In Victoria  - how many times was he warned before they finally took his license him

Darren Weir is an Ozzy ,its expected  😆

I followed time for years particularly watching track standards at Ellerslie and Avondale around the time So modest ran 1.08.68, you would be surprised the amount of average horses who can run 57 for 1000 ,plenty of average 2yos have run 45  800s given time and place... its a gauge yes but look at what the horse has shown since . Go again? Hey the trial run looked OK and they were not doing better than 35 home at Matamata and your horse was back on a 35.26...she knew she was toast turning in scouting wider. Move forward or take a break in disgust...but youll be back its under your skin 

3 hours ago, mulebacker said:

You know what I think you should stop punting it obviously does not agree with you and is driving you nuts in this corrupt industry you go on about..simple fix dont bet...all your troubles will be gone.👍

2 hours ago, Trump said:

One of the fastest 1000m courses in Australia is arguably Sandown. However, it wouldn’t matter how many fast 1000m races are won there, it wouldn’t have any bearing on a Lightning Stakes 1000m race at Flemington. 

Stone of Folca the fastest thoroughbred in World according to Guinness Book of Records , 53.69 five furlongs (1006ish metres )  at Epsom , two races later he got four pounds off Ortensia at Goodwood and couldn't get within five lengths of her . God knows what a top OZ sprinter would  clock at Epsom on a good day . Stone of Folca only ever won  two races .

5 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

As others have said, times mean little in galloping, I never consider then. Even then, expecting a horse with a good 1,000m time to stretch that out for another 200m is pushing it. Some can only carry that speed for 1,000m. The silliest thing you hear in trotting is the commentator calling out the times during a race, at least the gallops don't go that far. Not sure if they expect punters to change their bets during the race once they hear the time. The only important thing about times is that the horse you back is 0.0001 of a second faster than the second fastest horse in the race at the end of the race.

I disagree about times being irrelevant. A fast last 600m off the front in a slowly run race will clearly indicate the race bias; as will a horse winning from back in the field with a slower last 600  in a quickly run race.

1 hour ago, Talk1 said:

I disagree about times being irrelevant. A fast last 600m off the front in a slowly run race will clearly indicate the race bias; as will a horse winning from back in the field with a slower last 600  in a quickly run race.

Correct, Relative to the Track and Surface 

Black Caviar had a 9.98 200m... possible at Ruakaka?

1 hour ago, Talk1 said:

I was talking about an overall time as a basis for backing a horse next start. Pattern of racing is a whole different concept.