RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

Congrats Team Melody Belle

Great to see Melody Belle get the Group 1 record today and we can all have our own opinions on generation to generation who the best mares are but a super effort to keep her at the top of her game for so long...Well done to all concerned and another game run from the runner up too.

10 hours ago, shaneMcAlister said:

She's a true champ.  What I like best is that she has raced for 5 seasons starting as a 2yo.

A sidenote...how sad is prize money in NZ now that she has won 4 groups this season and only backed a little over $500K for the owners after trainers and jockey take outs.  

Hmmmm ,,,I dont know if there would be Trainers take out would there?Trainer would be on a wage wouldnt he?Do the owners get the trainers % or Te Akau/ Ellis?

a privilege to be there to watch MB demolish them ..but the lingering  question for me is ..why did Troy  Harris allow her to complete another lap of the track instead of pulling up with the others and trotting back to scale? Was he unable to pull her up? Exhausted? Dehydrated and feeling faint/weak? He was blowing much more than her after the race and appeared to be in severe difficulty a couple of times...that's a fair old warm down from the winning post

24 minutes ago, weasel57 said:

a privilege to be there to watch MB demolish them ..but the lingering  question for me is ..why did Troy  Harris allow her to complete another lap of the track instead of pulling up with the others and trotting back to scale? Was he unable to pull her up? Exhausted? Dehydrated and feeling faint/weak? He was blowing much more than her after the race and appeared to be in severe difficulty a couple of times...that's a fair old warm down from the winning post

Don't sound like the same race script I watched.  Tumeke ride by Troy who knows the mare so well, more than most,  patience's a virtue,  well done to all involved.  

I can not believe some actually elsewhere want to knock anyone for mentioning the achievements of the  mare and her team that manage her...there were a ton of knockers after her sub standard performance in the HD at Te Rapa...and now she has beaten the record some say it should not be applauded just because she is part of TA...really sad sometimes the tall poppy syndrome we all should applaud all achievements like this in all sports as they are bloody hard to do. JMO FWIW...cheers. Now watch them all say I am in the TA camp .....😄...I am not yet but I am considering buying a share in one as it looks like a fun ride if you snare a good one.

1 hour ago, Ponderosa8 said:

What a load of rubbish the article. Melody Belle is worth far more than Sunlight. They will be crazy to sell under $4M. Still couple of mill possible just by racing.

On 3/25/2021 at 8:24 PM, slam dunk said:

What a load of rubbish the article. Melody Belle is worth far more than Sunlight. They will be crazy to sell under $4M. Still couple of mill possible just by racing.

would be an interesting discussion if not for the fact that the posters and the article both refer to 'Sunlight' not 'Sunline'. And if they cant get the horse's name right their opinion aint worth a shovel full of horse shit.

10 minutes ago, weasel57 said:

would be an interesting discussion if not for the fact that the posters and the article both refer to 'Sunlight' not 'Sunline'. And if they cant get the horse's name right their opinion aint worth a shovel full of horse shit.

I think they do mean Sunlight in some points  as she went through the sales last year for 4.2 mill and MB due through sales .

11 hours ago, weasel57 said:

The article was totally about Sunlight Weasel. You are confusing her with Sunline. The only mention of Sunline was when they referred to her number of group 1s being beaten by Melody Belle.

Incidentally, I can well remember comments that Sunline would be worth $10m when she eventually retired. That didn't work out too good. The only decent return, a "lucky" sale for her first offspring if I recall correctly.

Many champion race-mares don't bred on. If someone has millions to spend they are interested in breeding as much as race form.

1 hour ago, We're Doomed said:

The article was totally about Sunlight Weasel. You are confusing her with Sunline. The only mention of Sunline was when they referred to her number of group 1s being beaten by Melody Belle.

Incidentally, I can well remember comments that Sunline would be worth $10m when she eventually retired. That didn't work out too good. The only decent return, a "lucky" sale for her first offspring if I recall correctly.

Many champion race-mares don't bred on. If someone has millions to spend they are interested in breeding as much as race 

Ouiji Board one of the few examples I  can think of off top  my head of a top  racemare that  produced real class at same if not better level through her son Australia , she has produced a few other good ones too, got two sons at stud now . 

Found might have produced a real  good one if Battleground goes on with it but expectation usually exceeds reality with these . Some wise judges have picked up cheap siblings to these race mares and made good at times . Was a very well connected Juddmonte mare went through Inglis online last week for bugger all really .