RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Red Rum

Stride Racing Club

This looks like a new racing club , popped up on computer . 59 per month for racing share in some fillies . Did I read it right , 59 bucks per month for the racing share , 3 horses owning 1000th . Am I reading it wrong . I liked to know , seems a lot for 1000th . I will give myself an uppercut if I've read it wrong .

3 horses in each lot , 250 members in each lot of 3  at 59 per month that's 15k per month 5k per horse  . Then it says you in another part own a 1000th lease share in each horse , how's that . So it picks up 1000 for forth you get buck minus deductions ? Or 4 bucks minus deductions ?

10 minutes ago, Southland said:

Suggest you go to the website and read the Disclosure statement carefully.

https://www.strideracingclub.co.nz/syndicate-rules-and-disclosure-statement/

From a quick scroll leasing 25 per cent of 3  horses for 59 per month x 250 members .  Owners retain 75 per cent . 3k to 4 k normal average monthly  training fees for horse in training .So just under 15k per month coming in for 25 per cent of three horses . That's what it looks like .

I really like this idea, more so as it's not just following the horses but there is an educational aspect to it as well, with stud and stable tours, Karaka sales event-nice way to get people who can't afford much or are new to the game involved in the industry in some way. Gives those who haven't previously been involved a taster as well as assisting them with getting some industry connections. Then who knows, later on they might buy a bigger share in a horse of their own, or a few for that matter. 

This type of share is a waste of time. Your 25% covers the trainers costs so his share of winnings are all profit. Your share of winning still gets all the deductions for trainer, jockey etc. I would advise not to touch this type of investment. He will charge excessively for all associated costs as well. My trainer just charged $300 for ulcer treatment that I can buy myself for $200. They will clip the ticket on everything. Also is watch out for Right of Purchase lease agreements.

12 minutes ago, Guinness said:

This type of share is a waste of time. Your 25% covers the trainers costs so his share of winnings are all profit. Your share of winning still gets all the deductions for trainer, jockey etc. I would advise not to touch this type of investment. He will charge excessively for all associated costs as well. My trainer just charged $300 for ulcer treatment that I can buy myself for $200. They will clip the ticket on everything. Also is watch out for Right of Purchase lease agreements.

Dunno why you so negative.........

Firstly its hardly an investment as such........

More of an interest ,a taste of horse ownership ,the chance to meet and share horse experiences with other like minded people.

Ive been in a number of syndicates ,and the leased shares in horses can be extremely enjoyable ,even tho you realise you will have no interest in the post-lease life of the horse and any residual increases in $ value.

For a very small payment you can enjoy the excitement of Horse Racing.....and the risk is minimal .

Tell us what sort of Ownership interest you prefer and the costs /risk/ rewards you plan or hope for and have experienced !

48 minutes ago, tasman man said:

Dunno why you so negative.........

Firstly its hardly an investment as such........

More of an interest ,a taste of horse ownership ,the chance to meet and share horse experiences with other like minded people.

Ive been in a number of syndicates ,and the leased shares in horses can be extremely enjoyable ,even tho you realise you will have no interest in the post-lease life of the horse and any residual increases in $ value.

For a very small payment you can enjoy the excitement of Horse Racing.....and the risk is minimal .

Tell us what sort of Ownership interest you prefer and the costs /risk/ rewards you plan or hope for and have experienced !

Agree it's the fun side but 59 bucks for 1000th lease share of three horses , extend that out to the full lease  wouldn't newcomers think christ it's 59k a month if I leased all three on my own which is clearly ridiculous.  Hey 59 bucks it gives someone fun good on them but you'd have to hope the Southland Sushi is nice on open days for that income .  

6 minutes ago, NextPlease said:

Stride membership isn't about making money on your horses. That is clear from its advertising.

It's about the social and entertainment factor. It's less money than what you'd spend a day on beer, and I know which I'd prefer.

For about 150 odd  per month you could lease 20th or so  of a lease horse and be more involved, depends how much you drink per day . 

6 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Agree it's the fun side but 59 bucks for 1000th lease share of three horses , extend that out to the full lease  wouldn't newcomers think christ it's 59k a month if I leased all three on my own which is clearly ridiculous.  Hey 59 bucks it gives someone fun good on them but you'd have to hope the Southland Sushi is nice on open days for that income .  

????????????????

6 hours ago, Red Rum said:

For about 150 odd  per month you could lease 20th or so  of a lease horse and be more involved, depends how much you drink per day . 

In the Northern region .....it would be over $150 to lease one 20th of a horse and I'd suggest the enjoyment and experience would not get anywhere near the Stride enjoyment proposed.

For starters the Stride syndicate has 3 x horses ...so for less $ you have an 'interest in 3 x horses which equates to 3x times the experience.

Some leases have a 'buy in' fee too so I'd prefer the Stride offer with its other activities to give a full ownership experience.

Seems a worthwhile set-up to get people involved in the industry returning less than 30% to resilient NZ owners.

See no reason at all to come out so strongly against the offer ,then suggest some far flung alternative .

17 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Run my syndicates for leased fillies as follows - lease with right of purchase, $200 month for 10%, $100 for 5%.......Don't charge any management fees, but mainly family, friends and workmates in the syndicate. 

The bank balance builds up while spelling and provides a buffer for when in full work🏇

15 hours ago, tasman man said:

????????????????

Good luck to those that go in it , I hope they have a lot of fun and wins . The cost side is minimal at 59 per month as an individual but if I get a 1000th of something at 59 bucks that values that product at 59 x 1000  per month minus any free bee days out that would have to be bloody good . Or are they getting the 25th per cent that hits the line first and the 75 per cent kept is the arse end .Most leases I've had are free with a ROP for fillies . 

My old man was in a punters club with 10,000 others , Mirror Boy was a horse they owned  . The boys always took the piss when it ran , what hair of him he owned or that he could claim a bit of his scooped up crap for the garden as he walked around the paddock but to be fair my old man felt a bit involved and enjoyed watching the horse run .

This is a great step forward even though it may not be the ultimate final solution. With owners you get watchers. With watchers you get more interested people who either have a small bet or go watch. The watchers is the first step in a long journey. It needs to be taken. Good on you Stride

On 3/12/2021 at 5:47 PM, Red Rum said:

My doctor recently told me I should limit myself to 15 standard drinks per week. Since my standard is a jug I guess I have a lot of catching up to do LOL

3 hours ago, NextPlease said:

Why have NZTR set a limit at 100?

Are they not allowing microsyndications as a base rule? Seems one way to get less people into the game.

I have spent three years of discussions with the NZTR in an attempt to allow for the new version of media ownership of horses. I am a blockchain guy who can see the benefit of certain types of micro ownership. I debated this with NZTR legals and received a definitive yes that legally you could do it. In order to take it another step, the real issue lies with NZTR's technology and the ability to manage new forms of ownership data.

In the end nothing got done....

13 minutes ago, NextPlease said:

When I was looking at forming a microsyndicate I was under the impression 1000 owners was allowed.

It's needed in these times.

What sort of price is reasonable for 1000th per month for say 1 horse  . Say 4k per month covers fees x 12 so spelling builds up funds . So say 12 bucks a month brings in 12 k , spare 8k covers administration , managers fees , would that be enough for 1 horse  . I'd be in for 12 bucks a month . No sausage rolls required , I will bring a packed lunch to races .

Yeah around that I reckon.

The problem is covering costs until you find 1000 people. You might only get 200, so you're left to foot some considerable costs until the numbers rise, because you can't suddenly change the price based on total members.

2 hours ago, NextPlease said:

Yeah around that I reckon.

The problem is covering costs until you find 1000 people. You might only get 200, so you're left to foot some considerable costs until the numbers rise, because you can't suddenly change the price based on total members.

I only read the advert and rules once but pretty sure the racing group comprises 250 shares.

That group owns the lease to race of ONE quarter of the horses...hence 4 x 250 means 1000 th .

So the group has ONE Quarter ,the owners/lessor THREE quarters.

The group pays all the training costs plus some administration.

The lessor has paid the costs to date .....plus insurance etc.

They point out everything quite clearly in black and white.

They stress they are offering a full experience to racing ownership and unlikely to be a huge return on the fee.

For a young person developing an Interest in racing I think its a good opportunity....$590 for a year !

Its 3 x horses ,two are ready to race ......one racing tomorrow....that could be up to 30 x times a year attending race meetings as 'owners'.

Seems like they are being encouraged by Auckland Racing club...its a win /win !

Young racing enthusiasts in Northern region should be in on it for a great racing experience !

10 hours ago, Nerula said:

From what I heard this is an Ozzie outfit. Also NZTR have set a limit on 100 in a syndicate. So to skirt around that the so called owners  would be camoflaged sp behind a corporate set up. You would be a bill payer and have FA recognition or rights. Stay local I suggest

Not like you to be so negative Nerula...potentially 250 new owners for your Owners group in the coming years.

Seems its pretty local with S.Marsh and S.McKee as the trainers.

And the horses planned to race in North......Waikato /Auckland.

From NZ studs !

30 minutes ago, tasman man said:

Not like you to be so negative Nerula...potentially 250 new owners for your Owners group in the coming years.

Seems its pretty local with S.Marsh and S.McKee as the trainers.

And the horses planned to race in North......Waikato /Auckland.

From NZ studs !

So 59  bucks per month  for a 1000th of three horses  , do you think that's a fair market  fee to race a horse on behalf of a Stud .  I suppose the guts of it is it is fair if it sells out and more syndicates start under same banner .Just seems a lot of fat in the deal but they will no doubt have fun .