RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Kingshill

2021 - New sires this season?

19 minutes ago, Insider said:

What’s your guess on the fee for CIRCUS MAXIMUS?

I would love it to be sub $20k but I doubt it.

I think that he’s got what it takes.

Advertised at $20K + GST  Insider.

1 hour ago, Insider said:

One of the toughest horses I've seen for many years.

Mixed it in all the top 1600m races as a 3-y-o and an older horse. If his progeny inherit his courage, they'll do well.

On 5/1/2021 at 9:37 PM, Insider said:

i  wouldnt think hire  than  25k   he stands pretty reasonable up there 

On 4/28/2021 at 7:41 PM, Stoyd said:

Has anyone got an update on Sensei?  Michael Pitman said when Sensei was retired that the intention was to try to give him a chance at stud.  He was a well related, talented sprinter and would be a welcome addition our stallion list as he brings some new blood lines, through Dream Ahead, that should cross well with some of our current mares.

Australia   [ Qld ]   I think.

3 hours ago, Breeder said:

Sword of State now fully owned by Cambridge Stud so will be at stud there after his racing career ends. They say he will race in Australia as a 3year old.

Trying to follow a similar plan they had with Embellish - buy in and try and gain Aussie black type. 

I think injury in Australia didn't help Embellish achieve that goal? 

Nice work by Novara Park to announce King of Comedy today, so soon after Staphanos a year or so ago. Seem to be going from strength to strength as a stud.

Green Desert has been good to NZ, so its nice to see another one of his offshoots. They may have lucked in too with the gap year of Charm Spirit as King of Comedy will be the only Invincible Spirit line stallion in NZ this season.

I don't know too much about the damsire Selkirk but he lets in a 4x6 on Sharpen Up which appeals. Sharpen Up gave us one of our best in the nineties in Famous Star.

Fantastic to see a son of Kingman standing in NZ,  even if he was a moderate performer on the race track. 

Selkirk was quite a good racehorse and did well at stud (90+ stakeswinners from about 950 foals)

A quick look at his pedigree and performance suggests he could be like Showcasing or Iffraaj, as a sire, in terms of the type of runner he could leave.

( For those who are not so familiar with Kingman, you look up his races on You Tube ---he was a fantastic race horse)

6 hours ago, Breeder said:

Fantastic to see a son of Kingman standing in NZ,  even if he was a moderate performer on the race track. 

Selkirk was quite a good racehorse and did well at stud (90+ stakeswinners from about 950 foals)

A quick look at his pedigree and performance suggests he could be like Showcasing or Iffraaj, as a sire, in terms of the type of runner he could leave.

( For those who are not so familiar with Kingman, you look up his races on You Tube ---he was a fantastic race horse)

I'm not sure I'd call KING OF COMEDY moderate for all he lost his way after his 3-y-o campaign.

He won the Heron (this year's renewal tomorrow evening at Sandown) and then chased home CIRCUS MAXIMUS in the St James's Palace before a close fourth to JAPAN in the 2019 Juddmonte. That day, he was a length and a half behind CRYSTAL OCEAN who had given ENABLE a huge fright in the King George. He got a 118 rating after that which is a long way from moderate but was well beaten by a resurgent BENBATL at Newmarket - the same BENBATL who got to within two lengths of a certain WINX in the 2018 Cox Plate.

SELKIRK is a big player over here - his progeny almost all tend to go well on soft turf. He himself died in 2013 - his best son over here would have been CITYSCAPE whose best son is the Hong Kong based KA YING STAR. 

As an aside, TORONADO is a sire I'd be watching.

stodge--by moderate I meant he does not have the one , two more Group 1s in his CV which so many demand of a stallion these days. Personally I do not think the lack of them is a problem --all they do is push up their stud fee.

Selkirk has been very successful plus see this horses dam has left 3 G1 horses.

SELKIRK Top of The 1991 3YO & 1992 4YO+ European Classifications (1400m - 1800m). Champion Miler in Europe in 1991 & 1992. Champion Older Horse in GB in 1992. 6 wins-1 at 2-at 7f, 1m, £484,379, Ascot Queen Elizabeth II S., Gr.1, Goodwood Celebration Mile S., Gr.2, Newbury Lockinge S., Gr.2, Newmarket Challenge S., Gr.2, Goodwood Stardom S., L, Kempton Temple Fortune S., L, 2d Goodwood Sussex S., Gr.1, Kempton Easter S., L, 3d Ascot Queen Elizabeth II S., Gr.1, Lingfield Derby Trial S., Gr.3, Goodwood Predominate S., L, 4th Longchamp Grand Criterium, Gr.1. Third on French Sire list (AEI) in 2011. Sire of winners of over $80 million - 96 stakes winners, inc. LEADERSHIP, FORTE DEI MARMI, SELMIS, ANNOUNCE, CITYSCAPE, THISTLE BIRD, PRINCE KIRK, KASTORIA, NAHRAIN, SULK, etc. Maternal sire of winners of over $103 million - 82 stakes winners, inc. QUIFF, SIMPLY PERFECT, MOUNT NELSON, TERMAGANT, DARIYAN, BENBATL, REDKIRK (WARRIOR), STAR OF SEVILLE, ALBIGNA, VITAL EQUINE.

There is another possible addition, if a NZ stud wants to have a go. Levendi , the son of Pierro who won a Derby is in the latest Inglis online sale. I presume all the brokers have already tried to find a home for him before he ended up in this sale.

13 hours ago, Breeder said:

There is another possible addition, if a NZ stud wants to have a go. Levendi , the son of Pierro who won a Derby is in the latest Inglis online sale. I presume all the brokers have already tried to find a home for him before he ended up in this sale.

I always scroll to bottom first after your post about the stallions that go on there , interesting who turns up on there .

19 hours ago, Breeder said:

Interesting comment in todays ANZ News by Luigi Muollo about King of Comedy --he says that King of Comedy beat Zaaki a couple of times when they met UK races.

Nothing like a bit of springboard promotion off the new King of OZ Zaaki , good on the stud owner  , Zaaki though is not the same horse as in UK, he's taken advantage of weaker opposition and also improved massively , did he say that Zaaki gave him a kilo in one of the races at least  ,  or that I Could  Do Better that battler Waller has finally found a few races to win with after dispatch to Qld  beat him at Redcar once . 

King Of Comedy also beat home Benbatl , Imaging and Magna Grecia once , when the four of them needed a telescope to see the first four .

Still a very good horse though King Of Comedy .

So how good was that Zaaki performance? 

I’ll let the respected form analysts speak for what Zaaki did and accept the Might And Power like comparisons to underline it.

Daniel O’Sullivan’s respected numbers put Zaaki’s effort into elite company alongside the best of Winx, Hartnell in a Turnbull Stakes and the often-forgotten Francis Of Assisi in its 10 length win of the 2016 Queen Elizabeth Stakes at Flemington while he has also rated above the last two Cox Plate winning performances of Sir Dragonet and Ly’s Gracieux.

The time, too, was impressive. With an eased-down Zaaki stopping the clock at 2.01.06 for1 1/4 miles, the fastest time since the race was first run over this trip in 2012, and just a whisker away from the course record of 2.00.96, which he no doubt would have claimed had he been ridden out to the line. 

20 hours ago, Nasrullah said:

So how good was that Zaaki performance? 

I’ll let the respected form analysts speak for what Zaaki did and accept the Might And Power like comparisons to underline it.

Daniel O’Sullivan’s respected numbers put Zaaki’s effort into elite company alongside the best of Winx, Hartnell in a Turnbull Stakes and the often-forgotten Francis Of Assisi in its 10 length win of the 2016 Queen Elizabeth Stakes at Flemington while he has also rated above the last two Cox Plate winning performances of Sir Dragonet and Ly’s Gracieux.

The time, too, was impressive. With an eased-down Zaaki stopping the clock at 2.01.06 for1 1/4 miles, the fastest time since the race was first run over this trip in 2012, and just a whisker away from the course record of 2.00.96, which he no doubt would have claimed had he been ridden out to the line. 

A year before Francis of Assisi was smashing that Flemington field he was winning a three runner novice hurdle at Fakenham !! , trained in same yard as Polarisation  who also went from hurdles back to Charlie Appleby then to Australia for a big win .

I cannot think of a horse that could push Zaaki on that bar maybe Armoury if he comes down again , he won the other week at Chester so is back well after his trip .

Zaaki's run in Doncaster off a break was amazing and a triple star black booker .

On 5/4/2021 at 1:53 PM, Breeder said:

Sword of State now fully owned by Cambridge Stud so will be at stud there after his racing career ends. They say he will race in Australia as a 3year old.

Possibly the fastest 2yo I've seen here since Our Maizcay? Looking forward to seeing him as a 3yo.