RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Kingshill

2021 - New sires this season?

Apart from Hello Youmzain and a possible relocation of US Navy Flag, still no new stallion announcements that I know of..... Fee announcements for the upcoming season due over the next 4-6 weeks as well..... Any predictions fellow cafers on any big moves? 🏇😯

On 3/12/2021 at 10:47 AM, Breeder said:

Valachi Downs are consolidating. 

https://loveracing.nz/News/32800/BusinessmodelchangeforValachiDowns.aspx

Will be interesting to see who picks up US Navy Flag.

One of the other two sprinters  Ballydoyle sent out few years back for Spring with US Navy Flag currently on 6k current inglis online . Be the cut price War Front compared to US Navy Flag but did better in OZ than him and cost 850k US as yearling  . Solid Northern form including length off Merchant Navy at Curragh. Was IMHO ripped off in that Mankato when bombed late by Brave Smash , Weir banging on the blinkers.  Never forget jockey interview after , " Weir saves the blinkers for big day " . Wouldnt be anywhere the 6k at moment if his nose was inch or two further forward that day .Write up has sly dig at the northern sprinters who don't measure up down under compared to SoV .

Last Kingdom on there as well as stallion prospect ,  looks like a cheap Group winnng son of Frankel at 5k at moment . Few days left to bump up for both of them .

On 3/28/2021 at 4:30 PM, elvis said:

Proisir and Per Incanto surely go up in fee!

Yet another winner in HK last night . At Sha Tin this time but they seem to  fly around The Valley . Nearly every time I scroll through results Per Incanto has a winner there . He must be top 5 by winners this season .

27 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Yet another winner in HK last night . At Sha Tin this time but they seem to  fly around The Valley . Nearly every time I scroll through results Per Incanto has a winner there . He must be top 5 by winners this season .

39CD7CA6-684B-4630-94D5-F4AA43692DB3.png

5122B903-CB9E-4CDC-A043-94DC16B9526C.png

Are you sure?

Close up Sadlers Wells, albeit through a son and a daughter? Haven't we got enough Montjeu already

Three lined of Special and a further Lin of Dalmary is nice, and I suppose a daughter of Danehill is somewhat useful

But this looks a bit predictably boring. 

I know what you mean by predictable Nearco, but that can also mean tried and true. Especially when it comes to a reliable ND 5x5x6.

Re the Montjeu link you could argue we need a stallion to fill the Tavistock-sized hole in the market.

Plus anything with Ahonoora in the bloodlines seems to make for stallion gold right now. Be it Per Incanto, Iffraaj here or the freshmans Ghaiyyath, Mehmas and Gokan up north who have had big years.

We won't see any of GHAIYYATH's progeny for a couple of seasons. MEHMAS had a fantastic year in 2020 - SUPREMACY was his best but ACKLAM EXPRESS (third in the Al Quoz on Saturday) suggested his 3-y-o sprinters are going to be of interest.

Among the freshman sires CARAVAGGIO has already bagged his first winner - TENEBRISM was an emphatic winner of the second Irish 2-y-o race of the new season at Naas last Sunday.

35 minutes ago, Breeder said:

Red Rum

I see Spirit of Valor sold for $40K to Esker Lodge ( ex NZers, the Treweeks, I think) They may have been bidding for a NZ stud. Will have to watch the news.

War Decree a War Front ex Ballydoyle standing in Canterbury covering big books last few years  , hopefully the 40k is well spent . Seems like a good buy IMHO. 

The other one of three they brought out was Intelligence Cross , gelded and done nothing I recall. I think he has been sacked. 

2 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

War Decree a War Front ex Ballydoyle standing in Canterbury covering big books last few years  , hopefully the 40k is well spent . Seems like a good buy IMHO. 

The other one of three they brought out was Intelligence Cross , gelded and done nothing I recall. I think he has been sacked. 

Just checked Intelligence Cross beat total of 6 horses home in 6 OZ races through a few yards and is sadly deceased now , the other two living the good life in comparison .

Both WAR DECREE and INTELLIGENCE CROSS were decent juveniles in 2016 but neither really progressed.

WAR DECREE beat THUNDER SNOW (future Dubai World Cup winner) at Goodwood and was only beaten by BOYNTON as a juvenile. 

INTELLIGENCE CROSSED beat MEHMAS (top freshman stallion last year) in the July Stakes at Newmarket and though he showed a little form in Listed company he was never good enough to compete at group level and both horses ended their racing career finishing last in big races.

On 4/1/2021 at 11:12 AM, Breeder said:

Red Rum

I see Spirit of Valor sold for $40K to Esker Lodge ( ex NZers, the Treweeks, I think) They may have been bidding for a NZ stud. Will have to watch the news.

sold to small private property  Ryland throughbreds   5.5k in aus  have  hadAMERICA   and  have  KASPERSKy

Has anyone got an update on Sensei?  Michael Pitman said when Sensei was retired that the intention was to try to give him a chance at stud.  He was a well related, talented sprinter and would be a welcome addition our stallion list as he brings some new blood lines, through Dream Ahead, that should cross well with some of our current mares.

I see The Oaks have changed their mind on stallions and are going to stand US Navy Flag. The Oaks had previously said they were going to get out of the stallion business, over time. Good on them for having a flexible attitude and grabbing a good opportunity when it arose.

1 hour ago, Breeder said:

I see The Oaks have changed their mind on stallions and are going to stand US Navy Flag. The Oaks had previously said they were going to get out of the stallion business, over time. Good on them for having a flexible attitude and grabbing a good opportunity when it arose.

How well was he received at Valachi

9 hours ago, mr_gee said:

CIRCUS MAXIMUS  to windsor  park  

Good acquisition, just great to see one of the big studs has made a big move.

Was beginning to worry the Kiwi studs were holding the powder dry, especially when Henry Plumptre was quoted as saying Cambridge had pulled out of the bidding on Russian Camelot because they were still concerned about broodmare returns in NZ. Feels like we just have too much pessimism in our market. Plumptre said that in the same breath as announcing Almanzor's and Hello Youmzain's books were booked full early! (Head scratch)

The Aussie sales were through the roof and we should be capitalising too. Not sure of Cambridge's insurance position but I would've thought after they haemorrhaged three stallions the same month at Christmas 2019 that we'd see the Sistema lunchbox money kick in and have the three replaced straight away. For one of the biggest studs in the country to only carry three stallions is a flawed strategy to me. They are aiming for big elite stallions, when once upon a time Sir Patrick bought a stallion of little race record, sight unseen, that his agent described as "He's weak, he's got bent hocks, and on the walk from behind one hock rolls out badly. He is a most unattractive horse and, in my opinion, not the horse for you."

Sir Tristram started a dynasty, no reason why Cambridge oughtn't play a numbers game and get up to six to eight stallions to try to deliver another. They of all studs have a fair share of hits and misses over the years. For a hit Zabeel there was a miss Centro, for a Cape Cross a Lucky Unicorn, for a Keeper a Viking Ruler. Beautiful bloodlines on those misses, you just have to have stallion volumes to guarantee yourself a hit.

C'mon Henry not too late to dust off the cobwebs on the wallet.

On 4/29/2021 at 5:46 PM, Palatable said:

Good acquisition, just great to see one of the big studs has made a big move.

Was beginning to worry the Kiwi studs were holding the powder dry, especially when Henry Plumptre was quoted as saying Cambridge had pulled out of the bidding on Russian Camelot because they were still concerned about broodmare returns in NZ. Feels like we just have too much pessimism in our market. Plumptre said that in the same breath as announcing Almanzor's and Hello Youmzain's books were booked full early! (Head scratch)

The Aussie sales were through the roof and we should be capitalising too. Not sure of Cambridge's insurance position but I would've thought after they haemorrhaged three stallions the same month at Christmas 2019 that we'd see the Sistema lunchbox money kick in and have the three replaced straight away. For one of the biggest studs in the country to only carry three stallions is a flawed strategy to me. They are aiming for big elite stallions, when once upon a time Sir Patrick bought a stallion of little race record, sight unseen, that his agent described as "He's weak, he's got bent hocks, and on the walk from behind one hock rolls out badly. He is a most unattractive horse and, in my opinion, not the horse for you."

Sir Tristram started a dynasty, no reason why Cambridge oughtn't play a numbers game and get up to six to eight stallions to try to deliver another. They of all studs have a fair share of hits and misses over the years. For a hit Zabeel there was a miss Centro, for a Cape Cross a Lucky Unicorn, for a Keeper a Viking Ruler. Beautiful bloodlines on those misses, you just have to have stallion volumes to guarantee yourself a hit.

C'mon Henry not too late to dust off the cobwebs on the wallet.

Shame that they didn’t get Russian Camelot.  
I for one would have used him. 

On 4/29/2021 at 7:18 AM, mr_gee said:

CIRCUS MAXIMUS  to windsor  park  

What’s your guess on the fee for CIRCUS MAXIMUS?

I would love it to be sub $20k but I doubt it.

I think that he’s got what it takes.